Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
WARNING ABOUT MEMBER manuelargentina!!! >

WARNING ABOUT MEMBER manuelargentina!!!

WARNING ABOUT MEMBER manuelargentina!!!

Old 04-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default WARNING ABOUT MEMBER manuelargentina!!!

WARNING EVERYBODY about member (manuelargentina)!!!

He contact you and said he is interested to buy from you. He deal you and after 3 weeks of deal and many thing he said ok let me know you Paypal address for payement, he reply and said not enough money on my Paypal account and asking WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO??? He offer to pay me with WESTERN UNION and i decline the offer at first because have been fraud couples years ago with that and the guys have same name MANUEL. He answer me and said YOU DO YOU THINK I AM! just for test him i said ok but only send package when i have money on my hand and sure everything is safe. He asking me all my infos, full name, address, phone number and said i will contact you today with confirmation number. Bizzard after i talking about FRAUD he never contact me again, i send him around 10 pm's and no reply. I know is on line i saw on is profile.

Please WARNING about this member if you want all copy about pm's and emails just contact me. SMELL BAD!!!

Last edited by alexboy; 04-09-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Please move this thread to the appropriate section.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry but i think is the best place to advise everybody.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 200 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alexboy View Post
Sorry but i think is the best place to advise everybody.
We understand, and appreciate the heads up. But there's a "Trader Feedback" area of this forum dedicated to this type of issue.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

English......

If no money was exchanged, then nobody was scammed.
Its just as much your fault as his that you let him string you along for 3 weeks.
Next time tell people first come first serve. Dont contact me until you have the funds to pay, and move on to the next buyer.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes Kylar my english are not perfect but try to speak FRENCH... will email you later if i could understand something...

Thanks for advise but the problems is he asking to wait 2 weeks until he have money and promess me to buy it. Just try to help others seller against this BUYER i have been fraud 3 years ago in same ways...
Old 04-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylar View Post
English......

If no money was exchanged, then nobody was scammed.
Its just as much your fault as his that you let him string you along for 3 weeks.
Next time tell people first come first serve. Dont contact me until you have the funds to pay, and move on to the next buyer.
he was letting us know about a poss scammer pay with fake western union funds.

i have seen this before they ask for the following

address
home phone number
full name

then they send you a western union money gram or money order that's fake. you cash it and you already ship then you lost you items and no money. i get emails from Craigslist from saying i will buy your item, need the following info i posted above. then they say my shipper accidently made the montey order for 300$ to much, you cash it and keep your asking price but you send me back the difference.next thing you know your bank tells tyhe M/O was fake now you lost your item and money.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Graphite07 to help me explaine the problems!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

sometimes you gotta pay western union...i won't say any names, but i just paid a Super Moderator with it!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Western Union is an option, just make sure you do some research on the person you're dealing with. I wouldn't ship a pack of gum until my bank told me everything was good and I had the cash in my hand.

One more reason not to run to the computer and leave "great buyer, fast payment" feedback like so many people think we should do.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Why would you even go the western union route? The post office has money orders and you can send them out right after you get them. If you are really worried about it you can send it in a bubble envelope with delivery confimation. I have not had one issue with postal money orders.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

I've done Western Union once. The way it was done left no room for scamming. The other person sent money through western union and I went to a western union location (inside my local super market) and they gave me the cash. I just needed my identification and the numbers etc from the transaction.

Western Union isn't an issue if you go to a Western Union to get your money, it's known immediately if it's real or not, and you specify, no shipping until money is CLEARED and in you hands.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

+1 for WU wire transfer, it works flawlessly. Money orders you have to take inside your bank, yes, actually get out of your car and walk inside!!!! The tellers can spot fake documents and you will know if it's BS. It's when you deposit fake money orders at ATM's that it takes days or weeks for the fraud to be discovered. Wait for the money order to completely clear your bank before you ship.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-t_sbs View Post
Why would you even go the western union route? The post office has money orders and you can send them out right after you get them. If you are really worried about it you can send it in a bubble envelope with delivery confimation. I have not had one issue with postal money orders.
Because Western Union is immediate. The sender sends money at a WU location, you go to the local WU office and pick up your money.

Sending WU money orders is what is a bad idea and I agree with using the USPS instead for those. They are protected by wire/mail fraud clauses.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Heh, either way the only way anyone is going to buy something from me is through PayPal (but you must pay as a gift or add 3%, hopefully everyone will get the joke behind that)

And simply because it's as close to hassle free as you can get, that's the method of payment I use as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.