Wiki Posts
Search

paying as gift question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)
Default paying as gift question

A guy paid me as gift and didnt give me a shipping address. Its been 5 days since he has been on and i still havent shipped cause i dont have an address. Is there a way to get his address off paypal? I am assuming not since paypal doesnt want goods transactions to be paid as gift.

I even shot him an email with his paypal email and i havent heard anything back. I hope this guy doesnt bash me on trader rating.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

you need to contact him thru PM and ask him for the shipping. PayPal will not give it to you if its not in the payment details. i would PM him everyday until he repsonds. or refund the money NOW with a note saying you dod not provide a shipping address.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Graphite i'm assuming he already tried that since he has said it has been 5 days since the guy has been on.

My question is why he paid as gift. did you ask for gift or did he volunteer. my guess is he volunteered since you are posting a thread like this.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 444 (100%+)
Default Post user name

Post his user name someone may know him or have his number never know.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

I would just refund the money and find a new buyer.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

i asked him to pay as gift since i gave him such a good deal. i have sent him a pm everyday since he paid. i will wait a couple more days and refund the money if he doesnt reply.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXX8ight
i asked him to pay as gift since i gave him such a good deal. i have sent him a pm everyday since he paid. i will wait a couple more days and refund the money if he doesnt reply.
ut oh.
That's against the rules.

Leads to many many problems.

If you hadn't asked for the gift payment and the buyer sent it on his own, I would still refund and ask for repayment as "goods, services". I have done this in the past, just to cover myself in the long run.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Old 03-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Refunding payment would be your best option.

FYI, while you may not have asked for payment as a gift in your thread, doing so through PM's is still against the rules. If you do so and the buyer reports/forwards it, action will be taken.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Wow... I am obviously not trying anything shady. I posted this to make things right.

The buyer has every right not to pay as gift and by doing so they take the risks. Forunately for this guy, the seller (myself) is honest.

I did this guy a favor by selling him something he wanted at the price he wanted. I am trying to make everything right now i am getting the threats.

If you ask me rctech would be worry free if all the sellers were as fair and honest as i have been with my transactions.

I understand there are rules and i have the upmost respect and appreciation for moderators. However, in this case its just a guy trying to do the right thing after making a mistake.

I am sending him his money back....

Sorry moderators.... it wont happen again.

Last edited by XXX8ight; 03-06-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

I would just make it your one

just from now on don't ask for a gift via ad or pm.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

i wish i knew i could have sold that card...

I would have sold it for $100 gifted.... lmao JP!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

lol, any luck with contact of the guy yet.
most people wouldn't have made this thread they would have gotten in their car and slammed on the gas. so you are atleast trying to do the right thing.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Wow... I am obviously not trying anything shady. I posted this to make things right.

The buyer has every right not to pay as gift and by doing so they take the risks. Forunately for this guy, the seller (myself) is honest.

I did this guy a favor by selling him something he wanted at the price he wanted. I am trying to make everything right now i am getting the threats.

If you ask me rctech would be worry free if all the sellers were as fair and honest as i have been with my transactions.

I understand there are rules and i have the upmost respect and appreciation for moderators. However, in this case its just a guy trying to do the right thing after making a mistake.

I am sending him his money back....

Sorry moderators.... it wont happen again.
I'm not threatening you, simply making you aware of the policy on asking for gift payments and the results that may occur.

Yes, you're doing the right thing and thank you for that but the rules simply need to apply to everyone.

As for the highlighted section, that would be nice but we all know that's not the case.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

I noticed it was said there would be a new post minimum in another thread. do you know what that will be racer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.