Wiki Posts
Search

hazardous/2k4 another thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (75%+)
Default hazardous/2k4 another thread

mods please disregard this thread as the member received his item in perfect working condition as stated. The post office dropped the ball on his package but it finally worked its way to him. Please chime in Hazardous...

Last edited by cham; 03-04-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Well said. I think alot of ppl need more patients when waiting for their items to arrive, weather local or over seas. The mailing system is not an exact science.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (75%+)

I agree. But I understand his impatience. It was shipped 12 days ago. Paypal claim has been opened against me even though I just took off a day of work to try and get this settled for the buyer. I guess we'll let paypal decide who's right and who's wrong. This guy probably received the damned thing and is trying to take advantage of the situation. He keeps telling me that "its lost" and that Im probably not going to find it at the post office. That seems suspect to me. I hate that its come to this as its my first time going through this paypal crap. I hate that it came to this but sometimes people make you wonder...
Old 02-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

IMO..Either way you're on the hook for this. Weather the item is lost or was delivered and the tag never got scanned (not likely as it will get scanned at his local PO when it arrives and when the postman actually delivers it (I don't think they would miss both scans). I don't agree with the buyer giving you "attitude" since you didn't do anything wrong. Vulgar or Insulting PM's should be forwarded to a mod like myself to be dealt with.

On to feedback, which is what this section is about...you, IMO should receive a positive from the buyer, you shipped the item, it's not your fault the PO F'ed that up. Now this part is all my opinion!!! I would give the buyer a neutral rating, you shipped the item, stayed in contact with them, and are trying to find where the package is yet you still get "attitude". If this buyer gives you a negative feedback rating PM me and I will do my best to get it changed as I don't think you deserve it.

Some people question why a seller should be able to leave negative feedback, WAKE UP! This is the perfect example of how a buyer can be "bad" once they hit the pay now button. I can understand the frustration but people need to be understanding as well.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Parcel post was your first mistake. It can take up to 3 weeks to be delivered.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by catogtp
Thats the chance you take as a buyer when you get a "shipped" price and don't inquire further. he did his duty by getting a delivery confirmation tracking number. Now it will take time. Even the USPS says you have to wait a month before filing any type of claim. Paypal will see the item was shipped and then wait. Even they have to realize that sometimes packages take a little longer to arrive somewhere.

As to the buyer, I'll have to make sure I never deal with him in any way. I guess we'll all have to start putting disclaimers in our sale threads that if you have 0 or less than x feedback, I won't sell to you.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 365 (100%+)

Parcel post is slow.. but its also affordable. (usually half the price on larger items compared to priority).

Ive sent close to 100 items via parcel post and never had issues nor has anything taken 3 weeks. My longest was about 12 days and average is about 5 to 6. (speaking from experience as I used to work for the USPS as well).

Since this is a motor, im assuming it was packaged in a small box. Sometimes these small parcels can fall behind something, be misplaced, issues during sorting at the DC's...etc.

Hopefully its something minor with the postal service... but the buyer also sounds fishy so who knows.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Parcel post is slow and like posted above, it runs a high risk of loss and/or damage. I don't argue that the buyer should have worked out the shipping method with the seller before paying, just that parcel post is a bad idea to save a few dollars. This whole thing could have probably been avoided by sending this in a flat rate small box for $6.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Parcel post is slow and like posted above, it runs a high risk of loss and/or damage. I don't argue that the buyer should have worked out the shipping method with the seller before paying, just that parcel post is a bad idea to save a few dollars. This whole thing could have probably been avoided by sending this in a flat rate small box for $6.
^^^This. A small motor will fit in the small Priority Rate Flate Rate shipping box. As of 15 minutes ago, when I dropped off some parts for another forum member, the price for that box is $5.35.

With Delivery confirmation, you're right at $6-$7, tops.

The buyer is being a complete jerk. You did what you were supposed to do, and you're doing everything you can to resolve the issue. The fault is not yours, it is USPS, and the buyer should grow up a little bit. If he can't afford to lose $90 buying a used motor, he has no business buying anything from this site.

He was acting pretty shady in another transaction, based on the other active thread about him. Thanks for giving the rest of us a heads up. Hopefully he'll get the feedback he deserves and wind up with a very short tenure.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Some really good info to know about USPS and lost items can be found here.

Good reading for any shipper...

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/609.htm
Old 02-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I noticed on the receipt you shipped Parcel Post, sometimes it takes up to 2 weeks for delivery via Parcel Post.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

he has a slash for sale, any takers, willing to trade

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ale-trade.html
Old 02-28-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by turners dad

Lol not for that price... seening I can get a nice used one for 200 rtr with body.....
Old 02-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turners dad

What a POS for $225. Anyone else notice the exposed esc/motor connections with no shrink-wrap?
Old 03-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default lazy government employees

to cham, just to let you know i did a trade with a guy in hayward ,WI and i know for a fact that he shipped because he sent me a picture of the receipt from the post office and the package was sent priority mail 3 day delivery and he got his package from me in 2 day and i was getting really nervouse because the tracking numbers would not work at i thought i was screwed and i came home from work 2 weeks after he shipped and the package was sitting on my porch and and i was really releived but some post offices are slower than others and i only like to use ups now instead of usps, i found ups has alot better tracking and also gives you the weight and name of the person that the package is coming to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.