Wiki Posts
Search

Question about feedback for buyer

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Question about feedback for buyer

Maybe I am too trusting when someone pays me for something. I tend to give the buyer feedback right away. I figure they paid me as promised. And they should get good feedback. They did their part. But I pay people right away and never get feedback until I give them feedback about what they sent. However I may be off base but if I paid and did my part regardless what I give them based on what they sent. Anyway what is everyone's thought process on this.

Rob
Old 02-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I agree with you to a point. Some buyers can be a pain, imagine a buyer who will file a pp dispute because you took 2 hours to respond to a pm. I believe that would constitute at least neutral feedback.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Payment is the easiest part of any sale. IMO no deal is complete until both parties know the other is happy with the deal. I don't leave feedback until I know the buyer got their item and are happy. There are situations where a buyers feedback requires more than simply "fast payment".

Buyers can be scammers just as well as sellers can. It's harder but they're out there and some are good at it.

Communication is the key for both parties.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Initiate

This is very tough to solve it.

One thing for sure is that

This online deal should be based on mutual trust between sellers and buyers.

I recently learned a tough lesson from the first purchase.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

They pay I leave feedback and hope they leave me feedback. I know some people don't believe a buyer should get feedback . Well they just paid me ? That's just how I've been doing it . Maybe I should wait until the buyer leaves feedback to leave mine as a seller. Then at least you know you'll get it .
Old 02-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

So which feedback holds more weight? The guy who figured out how to hit the pay now button or the seller who put the effort into being honest, providing shipping info., posting an accurate description with pics, and ships in a timely yet reasonable time frame.

Just sayin' that it's easy to be a good buyer. Takes a little more effort to be a good seller.

I'll sell to just about anybody, buying...not so much

in the end for a buyer, a persons feedback as a seller is very important. Just because someones feedback is +100, all as a buyer saying "fast payment" doesn't mean they'll be a good seller.

It's important to me and many others to see a sellers feedback, call it "holding feedback hostage" if you want but if you want your "fast payment" feedback from me. You're gonna have to give me feedback first because it's more valuable..IMO
Old 02-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Valid points, especially on mutual trust, and holding feedback hostage to get yourself proper feedback. Also about buyers can be a pain. I have not encountered it yet. But communication is key, I am very clear and bet sometimes they may think I am overly clear. I just like both parties to be on the same page and both know what to expect from each other.

Thanks for the input and insight from other.
Rob
Old 02-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by trinity75
This is very tough to solve it.

One thing for sure is that

Resolve mental issue before making online business

I recently learned a tough lesson from the first purchase.

This is a joke hem..
Old 02-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xchange

This is a joke hem..
He didn't use your name, He was just commenting about the OP. You should keep your comments about the OP question or keep it in your thread. I think it makes you look bad just trying to start crap. Grow up.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

When the buyer pays, thats the end of the buyers part. Its not the buyers responsiblity to give chances to sellers. The seller needs to be accurate in description and up front before selling. If the buyer isnt happy, the seller has no right to leave negative feedback, if paid. Thats the risk you take when selling, there should be NO risk of negative feedback for a buyer who pays. Its common sense
Old 02-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stuntbikemike
When the buyer pays, thats the end of the buyers part. Its not the buyers responsiblity to give chances to sellers. The seller needs to be accurate in description and up front before selling. If the buyer isnt happy, the seller has no right to leave negative feedback, if paid. Thats the risk you take when selling, there should be NO risk of negative feedback for a buyer who pays. Its common sense
True most of the time, however buyers can scam too. Not as often but it does happen. I've been screwed over a few times by buyers. I have also dealt with buyers that are rude, ignorant, have no idea what they are doing.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

The mental issue (seller or buyer?) wouldn't be any problem if the seller sent the item exactly as he (or she) advertised (not advised!!).
Old 02-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylar
True most of the time, however buyers can scam too. Not as often but it does happen. I've been screwed over a few times by buyers. I have also dealt with buyers that are rude, ignorant, have no idea what they are doing.
How can YOU get scammed, when YOU get paid?
Rudeness, ignorance and unknowing are very common and should be expected as a seller.

Sellers should leave positive feedback once paid. No ifs, ands,or buts.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stuntbikemike
How can YOU get scammed, when YOU get paid?
Rudeness, ignorance and unknowing are very common and should be expected as a seller.

Sellers should leave positive feedback once paid. No ifs, ands,or buts.
How can you get scammed as a seller? Easy, they file a claim with paypal and return the item after they broke it. Paypal always sides with the buyer.

I had one guy file a claim against me because he thought the esc was bad, when he was just too ignorant to know he had to calibrate it to his radio.

One other case I had a guy use a revo i sold for two weeks, then file a claim. He must have drove it through mud/water, into a pond etc. Shorted out the esc, servo, and rx. Then sent it back to me all dirty covered in mud for a refund. Nothing i could do about it paypal sided with him.

lol, you are hilarious. So if youre the buyer you can act however you want, it should just be expected?

I'll make sure i dont do business with you, thanks.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylar
How can you get scammed as a seller? Easy, they file a claim with paypal and return the item after they broke it. Paypal always sides with the buyer.

I had one guy file a claim against me because he thought the esc was bad, when he was just too ignorant to know he had to calibrate it to his radio.

One other case I had a guy use a revo i sold for two weeks, then file a claim. He must have drove it through mud/water, into a pond etc. Shorted out the esc, servo, and rx. Then sent it back to me all dirty covered in mud for a refund. Nothing i could do about it paypal sided with him.

lol, you are hilarious. So if youre the buyer you can act however you want, it should just be expected?

I'll make sure i dont do business with you, thanks.
i can see this going no where