Wiki Posts
Search

Would like some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Would like some advice...

A couple of disclaimers... I don't want to reveal this person's identity -yet- because it could all just be a mixup with USPS, but I've got a bad feeling about the situation, and since I am new to the community, I thought I'd get some advice from the community.

On 1/1/12 i responded to an add to purchase 1 rtr car and a roller of the same model from a member. After a few posts back and forth, we agreed on a price and PayPal was sent.

Mbr replied saying he would ship "tomorrow or Tuesday". That Monday was new years day observed by the post office, so I figured Tuesday they would ship.

On 1/4 the mbr bumped his sale post. I pm'ed him about this, and he said he had another car. There was a different picture up now, so I let it go. He also said I should have my package by Saturday.

I then get the USPS tracking # on 1/8 0112 8882 3000 9696 7545 for Class: Priority MailŪ

On 1/11 I ask why the tracking still says USPS has not gotten the package.

On 1/11 He responds: "I should have wrote package was returned becuse i put the wroung address on it.Remailed it if you check your paypal there should be a tracking number.it should be there tomorrow sorry about this."

My thought is that USPS would show all of this "return activity" etc. On the tracking...

Suggestions on what steps to take next? I've informed him that I may be forced to file a claim with PayPal.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Not sure, but usps tracking leaves a little to be desired. Stay in contact with the seller. I wouldn't freak out just yet.

Assuming he re-shipped it with the correct address I would think it would have a new tracking number. Do you have a new one and does it work?
Old 01-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer1812
Not sure, but usps tracking leaves a little to be desired. Stay in contact with the seller. I wouldn't freak out just yet.

Assuming he re-shipped it with the correct address I would think it would have a new tracking number. Do you have a new one and does it work?
Nope, no new tracking #
Old 01-14-2012, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Atleast its not over a box
Old 01-14-2012, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

file PayPal claim now. *I PUT THE WRONG ADDRESS ON THE BOX IS A OLD SCAMMERS EXCUSE* IF YOU PRINT POSTAGE FROM PAYPAL,PAYPAL HAS YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS ON FILE the address you entered on your account. so YES he would have the right address. and the tracking number whould have showed it has been delivered. he never took the box to the Post office.

do not fall for the wrong address on box. ask the seller if he printed the lable from paypal?. and this tracking number would have Shipping Activitie on it,IT WOULD SHOW THE the sorting process and travel process and Destination process. everybody who has been scammed has seen the
tracking number do nothing like yours.

1/3/12 the post office was open. okay how come it shows Electronic Shipping Info Received 1/8/12? if the buyer was shipping on 1/4/12?

how can he get the address wrong? he printed the lable from PayPal? you do have your shipping address in paypal right?

i say FILE CLAIM NOW.he is giving you the run around trying to sell the car twice. post a link to the ad and post his name the longer you wait the more ppl he can try to SCAM.

Last edited by Graphite07; 01-14-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Posts haste. You can always close the claim with PayPal if it does arrive. Yes usps tracking sucks but we've ounces that dead horse many times already. Almost every package someone sends me, is 1 or 2 days later than they say.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

He hasn't responded to me in a few days, but I think I am going to give him the rest of today for at least a response

I am glad I waited, tracking says it arrived in my town today. Now to just wait for the mail, and check the condition... I guess I will keep everyone updated, but thank your for your advice. I have no problems admitting when I am wrong.

Parts rcvd, as of yet untested. 13 days after ordered :/

Last edited by karpouzian; 01-14-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

yea bro that actually happened to me. i shipped a guy some sneakers off of ebay but he didnt have his apt number on file so when usps went to deliver it was undeliverable. but tracking worked the whole time and when it couldnt be delivered it said it in the tracking info. so he is lying bro.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, now I'm getting pretty tweaked off. I got the package yesterday, threw some batteries in it, and rolled it around in my living room for about a minute, then the radio stopped going forward and reverse. The wheels would turn, but no throttle... I emailed the member and he said it should work ok, he even put a different tx in there because he did not like how the one that was pictured was working as well as he wanted it to.

I went to bed expecting to work on it today, maybe it was cold from shipping or something... I completely recharged the batteries (that were brand new), and now this am, the car does not respond at all...

What is the next step? I don't want to have to be responsible for return shipping, as the car wasn't as described (rtr). What is the norm on these forums? He has more feedback, so theoretically his words have more weight than mine here, but I just don't know what to do...

Originally Posted by karpouzian
He hasn't responded to me in a few days, but I think I am going to give him the rest of today for at least a response

I am glad I waited, tracking says it arrived in my town today. Now to just wait for the mail, and check the condition... I guess I will keep everyone updated, but thank your for your advice. I have no problems admitting when I am wrong.

Parts rcvd, as of yet untested. 13 days after ordered :/
Old 01-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

please post a link to the car you bought. i would file a paypal dispute not as described.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Lord

More info please
Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

I also reread the lsting, and said there was a charger included (which there wasn't). the listing is: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-t-roller.html

Originally Posted by Graphite07
please post a link to the car you bought. i would file a paypal dispute not as described.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Lord

I would contact him and give him a chance to fix the issue if he won't . It's time to file a paypal dispute .
Old 01-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Contact the seller, see what he is willing to do to make it right. That is always a good first step.

Be courteous, fair, and polite, and you'll get farther. Don't assume he's out to screw you, assume there is a reasonable explanation and give him the opportunity to make it right. That will improve your chances of a good outcome.

On the technical side...if he gave you a new Tx/Rx to run with it, all that might be wrong is that the ESC needs to be programmed to work with the new Tx/Rx.

If he didn't include any original documentation with the truck, you can download manuals for them here. There should be information in there about programming the ESC.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

Still no contact back, disputed through PayPal.

Originally Posted by karpouzian
A couple of disclaimers... I don't want to reveal this person's identity -yet- because it could all just be a mixup with USPS, but I've got a bad feeling about the situation, and since I am new to the community, I thought I'd get some advice from the community.

On 1/1/12 i responded to an add to purchase 1 rtr car and a roller of the same model from a member. After a few posts back and forth, we agreed on a price and PayPal was sent.

Mbr replied saying he would ship "tomorrow or Tuesday". That Monday was new years day observed by the post office, so I figured Tuesday they would ship.

On 1/4 the mbr bumped his sale post. I pm'ed him about this, and he said he had another car. There was a different picture up now, so I let it go. He also said I should have my package by Saturday.

I then get the USPS tracking # on 1/8 0112 8882 3000 9696 7545 for Class: Priority MailŪ

On 1/11 I ask why the tracking still says USPS has not gotten the package.

On 1/11 He responds: "I should have wrote package was returned becuse i put the wroung address on it.Remailed it if you check your paypal there should be a tracking number.it should be there tomorrow sorry about this."

My thought is that USPS would show all of this "return activity" etc. On the tracking...

Suggestions on what steps to take next? I've informed him that I may be forced to file a claim with PayPal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.