Wiki Posts
Search

Watch out for this guy!! Johnn27

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)
Default Watch out for this guy!! Johnn27

This guy sells me a used battery claiming that it is new, so i contact him about and ask him to make it right and this what has happened since so look out for this guy he seems a little off...and very angry
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-lipo-new.html
Old 01-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Meh, I dunno about this one.

The guy definitely should not have made it out to be NIB. He mounted it in his car, scratched it up.

That being said, he has posted for all to see that he is willing to give you a full refund. If you want a full refund from a retailer like Tower Hobbies, they make you send it back to them before you get your money back.

You have PayPal on your side during the dispute if you are worried that he would stiff you. File your claim, let PayPal know you are shipping it back, keep all of your receipts and make him sign for it when it is returned.

Case closed.

The seller may have made a mistake in the way he described it, but he certainly sounds like he's trying to make it right.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Angry Rebuttal

The battery was new and not cracked when I sent to him. I think he cracked it to make a claim with paypal because he thinks it is used. As for the foam/scratches. I do admit to mounting the battery in my car when I got it but never used the car again and never ran the battery.

I offered him a full refund and all he had to do was ship the battery back to me. I would have even reimbursed him for the additional shipping but instead he decided to keep it and go on this tirade.

I pride myself on being an honest and reputable individual who treats people the way I would want to be treated. Who always tries to be fair when dealing with others and do what is right! I cannot say the same for this person. Some people just like drama.

I have a 100% rating with 16 transactions on rctech and 618 on ebay under the name Oneyngjedi with a 100% rating. Also I do not think it is right for this guy to come on here and try to make me look bad after I tried to make it right and there is no pleasing this guy!!!!

What more could I do but ask him to send it back and refund him his money?
My reputation on ebay and in the 16 transactions on here speaks to my reputation and I have nothing more I can add.

Last edited by Johnn27; 01-10-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: additional comments and grammar corrections
Old 01-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Talking LOL

OMG so your are calling me a liar, that i said i was keeping the battery, and that i broke it on purpose???? Are you serious dude??!!
If i said i was keeping please point where i said that.
you will get your broken battery back and ill get my money back!
Just so you understand i would have been able to file a claim
anyway because its used not new and not even close to new!
Anyway long story short i will post all of our PM's and all the pics i have posted earlier on this thread then we will see who the liar is
Old 01-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Get the refund. Makes him a good seller.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Once again, he posts offering to give you a full refund.

Yes, it's disappointing when a transaction doesn't work out like you hoped.

But so far, it's not evident that he's trying to screw you. Ship him the battery back and get your refund, move on with your life.

Good luck to both of you getting it resolved.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

I'm not taking sides but Buyers have to realize if youre not happy with something and want to return it, you have to ship back the item to get a refund.

I have run into a few buyers that think you should refund them first, and hope they decide to send the item back....that seems to be the case here.

Sorry the world doesnt work that way, if you want the money back you have to ship the item back first.
Even if you file a claim with paypal thats the way it works. If you feel more comfortable doing it that way then go through paypal.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kylar
I'm not taking sides but Buyers have to realize if youre not happy with something and want to return it, you have to ship back the item to get a refund.

I have run into a few buyers that think you should refund them first, and hope they decide to send the item back....that seems to be the case here.

Sorry the world doesnt work that way, if you want the money back you have to ship the item back first.
Even if you file a claim with paypal thats the way it works. If you feel more comfortable doing it that way then go through paypal.
X2. Well said.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

well duh i know that
thats what not what im saying though.
I never said i planned on keeping this thing if i did he should have no problem pointing that out....
also what you cant see is in one of his PM's he said that it does not matter what i do through paypal, that he will fight it anyway, he also goes on responds to the claim that i submitted he says to paypal that i broke the battery just to file the claim.........and again as i have said many times he will get the used battery back and i will get my refund
Old 01-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tha Beast
well duh i know that
thats what not what im saying though.
I never said i planned on keeping this thing if i did he should have no problem pointing that out....
also what you cant see is in one of his PM's he said that it does not matter what i do through paypal, that he will fight it anyway, he also goes on responds to the claim that i submitted he says to paypal that i broke the battery just to file the claim.........and again as i have said many times he will get the used battery back and i will get my refund
Originally Posted by tha Beast
just refund me and youll get your stuff back its that simple.
I read this as you wanting your money back first, if thats not the case then thats good, i'm glad you dont think that way.

As long as you ship the battery back and provide tracking confirmation, there is a good chance paypal will side with you and youll get the refund.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Dont get me wrong, like i stated, i'm wasnt taking sides on the issue, just the fact of wanting a refund before a return.

If i bought a "new" battery and it showed up with scuffs/scrapes and a crack, I would be returning it too.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnn27
The battery was new and not cracked when I sent to him. I think he cracked it to make a claim with paypal because he thinks it is used. As for the foam/scratches. I do admit to mounting the battery in my car when I got it but never used the car again and never ran the battery.

I offered him a full refund and all he had to do was ship the battery back to me. I would have even reimbursed him for the additional shipping but instead he decided to keep it and go on this tirade.

I pride myself on being an honest and reputable individual who treats people the way I would want to be treated. Who always tries to be fair when dealing with others and do what is right! I cannot say the same for this person. Some people just like drama.

I have a 100% rating with 16 transactions on rctech and 618 on ebay under the name Oneyngjedi with a 100% rating. Also I do not think it is right for this guy to come on here and try to make me look bad after I tried to make it right and there is no pleasing this guy!!!!

What more could I do but ask him to send it back and refund him his money?
My reputation on ebay and in the 16 transactions on here speaks to my reputation and I have nothing more I can add.
wow you tryed to make it right.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

I read this as you wanting your money back first, if thats not the case then thats good, i'm glad you dont think that way.

As long as you ship the battery back and provide tracking confirmation, there is a good chance paypal will side with you and youll get the refund.
I read it the same way. It even looked as if he offered to pay for shipping.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i agree with everyone on here send it back an make him sign for it. that if he does try anything which by the looks of it he wont cus hes trying to make it right you will have proof that he received the battery back. end of story.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

And.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.