Police report for PayPal ??

Old 12-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)
Default Police report for PayPal ??

Ok so the ongoing saga with a buyer who returned a radio but with out the RX
http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...ld-you-do.html

PayPal wants me to file a police report. Has anybody ever done this for this before? I'm a I'll clueless in what I call them about? Anybody have any inside for me? Thanks!!
Let me tell you this is getting soooo old with this guy......
Old 12-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Simple! call the Police tell them you want to file a report for theft. tell them it was internet transaction you shipped a item out,when the buyer shipped it back the Receiver was missing. you want to make a basic report describing wha twas missing and who it was shipped to.P/O report must have the buyers name and address on it that's all PayPal wants to see.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graphite07 View Post
Simple! call the Police tell them you want to file a report for theft. tell them it was internet transaction you shipped a item out,when the buyer shipped it back the Receiver was missing. you want to make a basic report describing wha twas missing and who it was shipped to.P/O report must have the buyers name and address on it that's all PayPal wants to see.
LOL! Your word vs. his on a small ticket item. Police ain't gonna waste any time on it.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42 View Post
LOL! Your word vs. his on a small ticket item. Police ain't gonna waste any time on it.
Not true, they will file a report if requested. It's done all the time for insurance claims. Will they dispatch CSI to find it? No.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42 View Post
it doesn't matter whether they do squat or not. paypal wants it so you give it to them.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by choppermech11 View Post
Ok so the ongoing saga with a buyer who returned a radio but with out the RX
http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...ld-you-do.html

PayPal wants me to file a police report. Has anybody ever done this for this before? I'm a I'll clueless in what I call them about? Anybody have any inside for me? Thanks!!
Let me tell you this is getting soooo old with this guy......
If we could take a lie detector test you would fail! I took pictures of everything packed and sent to you. I submitted this along with other evidence to PayPal. The receiver is in the bubble wrap. I am pretty sure the postal service did not open the package and take it. Honesty is still the best policy. I really don't care about you leaving me negative feedback. You have left a very bad taste in my mouth about dealing with sellers on R/C-Tech.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tiger200350 View Post
If we could take a lie detector test you would fail! I took pictures of everything packed and sent to you. I submitted this along with other evidence to PayPal. The receiver is in the bubble wrap. I am pretty sure the postal service did not open the package and take it. Honesty is still the best policy. I really don't care about you leaving me negative feedback. You have left a very bad taste in my mouth about dealing with sellers on R/C-Tech.
ohhhh wouldn't that make falsifying a police report an ugly situation for him?!!!

No wonder he is hesitant and didn't just go do it without question!

LMAO
Old 12-31-2011, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

lol really? you think the police give a about online rc trading. ive tried many times getting police involved. they never do. its to small they say. they also say online trading is a camble. if the other person dont ship its tobad for you.

Last edited by Marcos.J; 12-31-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sccumy420 View Post
lol really? you think the police give a about online rc trading. ive tried many times getting police involved. they never do. its to small they say. they also say online trading is a camble. if the other person dont ship its tobad for you.

Police don't care because it's not their problem.

As corny as it may seem... It IS however the FBI that handles it.

Go to this website and fill out their form and something WILL happen!

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Old 01-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am a Police Officer.... It's our job to file a report if requested on anything stolen.

I once filed a report on a stolen on a Texas edition quarter.

25 cents. A quarter I could have replaced with the one in my pocket.

Fact is, if your police said no on filing the report, go higher, it's our job to serve and protect. Most Officers are lost on this fact.

Here in Texas we have plenty of laws dealing with the internet.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
I am a Police Officer.... It's our job to file a report if requested on anything stolen.

I once filed a report on a stolen on a Texas edition quarter.

25 cents. A quarter I could have replaced with the one in my pocket.

Fact is, if your police said no on filing the report, go higher, it's our job to serve and protect. Most Officers are lost on this fact.

Here in Texas we have plenty of laws dealing with the internet.
Ok this is BS number 1 i send a car with DC# and had it insured to 7 points Texas was tradeing for a x-box system with 10 games to someone, ok he got the car told me it was great he send me a DC# TOO well it was not a real one call the cops thay want down to the guy home talk to him and he told them he sold the car. for money ok the cop call me told me i had to go to Texas to file on it i am out $700.00 i had to fly to texas when the cop talk to him and he told the cop he had no system or money to send me the cop want to the DA too were was the laws for me in texas no were. still out $700.00 i had to fly there cost me more to do that SORRY ON THE WRITEING I SUCK AT IT (: that why i don't post most on here
Old 01-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gamemaster View Post
Ok this is BS number 1 i send a car with DC# and had it insured to 7 points Texas was tradeing for a x-box system with 10 games to someone, ok he got the car told me it was great he send me a DC# TOO well it was not a real one call the cops thay want down to the guy home talk to him and he told them he sold the car. for money ok the cop call me told me i had to go to Texas to file on it i am out $700.00 i had to fly to texas when the cop talk to him and he told the cop he had no system or money to send me the cop want to the DA too were was the laws for me in texas no were. still out $700.00 i had to fly there cost me more to do that SORRY ON THE WRITEING I SUCK AT IT (: that why i don't post most on here
Should have gone higher. But if this happened before 2011 I could see a problem because most of our internet fraud laws didn't come into effect until then. There are ways with has to go about such as filing the report with your police department, have them contact his police department and so on. Sounds like you were just dealing with lazy people.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Thank you for contributing with this excellent story.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

So your saying you spent time and obviously a decent amount of money to fly into a different state to try and get back a small monetary amount, and did so without knowing the laws or consulting a lawyer(which probably would cost less than a 2 way plane ticket)for 15-30 minutes? Writing isn't the only thing you suck at. Sorry, no disrespect, but it is what it is.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys I think we need to stick together as a hobby, website and so on. On a couple other sites I belong to if something comes missing in the package, stuff isn't mail, stuff isn't what they say it is, and so on. People closer to that person we knock on the door, they will call the guy up, and other stuff. It has worked many of times. If the guy decides to take care of the problem then all well. I have seen numerous times where guys have been banned because of posting one thing and the person getting something else. Not they try and do the 3 strikes your out and they start threads about the person to see if people want him banned for a week, month, months, and so on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.