CAUTION PAYPAL EMAIL SCAM!

Old 11-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default CAUTION PAYPAL EMAIL SCAM!

i recieved a email which apeared to be from Paypal saying there was an issue with my account. It stated several time I needed to log on imideatly to get it resolved. It posted a Link to sign in fast. What cought my attention is it didnt say exactly was the issue nor did it have the paypal banner there normal emails do.

So i signed into paypal not using the link from the email but to open a seperate browser. And there was no problems. I contact paypal and ask whats up. They asked that i forward them the email so i did. Turns out the link in the email sent you to a copy cat site that looks almost identicle to paypals site, only when you type in your username and password it copies it so the scammer can access your acounts.

So if you have any emails from paypal DO NOT use the link on the page to open your account. Open a seperate browser and contact paypal threw that.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

got one of these also. i never follow a link from a email. i deleted it and went to paypal and signed in. there was no issue.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

i get this email once week. login from www.paypal.com if you click on link you will notice the URL will say something like UK.net or some screwed up weblink. it's a page made to look like paypal,it captures yuor user log in info and the thief see's this and robs your cash. never log in from the link provided. i always email them back and ask them what the problem is? 9 times out of 10 the email is bounced back saying the email is no good.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

This is a pretty basic and common phishing attempt. Paypal is not the only online financial site that is targeted.

It's always good to read emails like that with a skeptical eye.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
got one of these also. i never follow a link from a email. i deleted it and went to paypal and signed in. there was no issue.
This. Right here.

I've been called from my credit card company to verify purchases and I told them I was gonna hang up and give them a call myself. With all the scams going on, I take no chances. I too never follow links sent to me, legit or not.