Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Please stop paying as gifts and stop asking to "pay as gift" >

Please stop paying as gifts and stop asking to "pay as gift"

Please stop paying as gifts and stop asking to "pay as gift"

Old 11-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Location: second star to the right...straight on til morning!
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Please stop paying as gifts and stop asking to "pay as gift"

I wish people would stop "paying as gifts." This I believe, enables scammers. Not all people who pay as a gift get ripped off. when they do, they feel the need to post in the trader feedback. "this guy ripped me off... beware ....he's a scammer!!!""""

People it's only 3% !!!!!

HOLY CRAP!!! it's .03 cents on the dollar worth of protection. we would have less scammers on here if you just stop "paying a gifts." if they asked for it as a "gift" tell them you'll pay the extra......see if they continue the deal. if they stop communication, they are probably a scammer.

Stop asking people to "pay as gifts" just add it to the total.

SIMPLE!!!

look, paying as gifts enables scammers to continue...it is like giving drugs to lindsay lohan...
Old 11-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I refuse to send payment as a gift. I've had a couple of legit people in the past request it, and I have simply said "no". One person asked me to add the 3%, so I did.

The way I see it, the fee protects both sides of the transaction, so no one should object to it.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default exactly

@Latufu
you and I would be great friends if we lived near each other.......i like the way you think.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

i think when you post a price it should be the out the door price,if you want more than that then ask for it upfront. i personally would never pay as a gift or ask someone to pay as a gift. JUST SAY NO .
Old 11-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default this pretty much sums this thread up

there is other threads like this, why not just bump one for a reminder? or just read rules...............

For Sale or Trade Forums Guidelines
Sellers Suggestions and Requirements.

Rules:
This forum is solely for members' personal sales. New items may be sold, but not by any company, retail or otherwise, or by anybody representing a company. Should you desire commercial advertisements on R/C Tech, please review our Advertising Policies.
Posts linking to Ebay auctions are also not allowed and will be deleted.
All posts must list an item’s price. Auction style posts, and/or posts that do not have an item price listed are not allowed and will be deleted.
Under no circumstances may users post suggesting that a listed item may be found elsewhere at a cheaper price. It is the responsibility of the buy to search for the best deal. This should be a safe, friendly environment for members to sell their items without being undercut within their own threads.
When using Paypal as a payment option, under NO circumstances can a seller request the payment be made as a "Gift", nor shall the buyer Pay as a "Gift"

RESPONSIBILITY
All sales conducted within the RCTech forums are the sole responsibility of the person(s) involved. RCTech, and it’s staff will not be held responsible.
Do not post your personal address on these forums. The forums are viewable by anyone, and information posted here such as your address would be freely available to anyone. Keep that information strictly to Private Message or E-mail.
If a deal seems suspicious, or to good to be true, then it may be. Check the user’s profile and search for that individual’s feedback in the Trader Feedback section. Please report such threads to the moderators.
You are also responsible for posting Trader Feedback after the sale is completed. Please post such information in a prompt manor, as this information may be used by other potential buyers.
COURTESY
Please post listings within the correct forums.
Please include preferred contact information within your listing. This can include your e-mail address or Instant Messenger service handle.
No random comments! Only post if you are interested in buying or selling items on the boards. Random and/or useless posts should be reported to the moderators to be deleted.
One “bump” or “TTT” per day(a day is a 24 hour period starting at 12am and ending at 11:59pm). If you surpass this, the thread may be locked and/or removed.
Seller Suggestions:
Titles should also be clear and concise. The less confusing the title is, the easier it is for a potential buyer to find the item they are looking for.
Pictures are extremely helpful in selling items. The should be actual photos of the item you are selling, and not those from websites or ebay. If they are not your photos, they should not be on your listing.
Image hosting is free through RCTech, by attaching the images to your post. Please utilize this feature, as it is convenient both for buyers and sellers.
If you do not have a digital camera, definitely try to borrow one, or take advantage of film processing with the “Photo CD” option. This extra option generally costs less than $4 per CD and is a simple way to get photos of the item you are selling.
Buyer Suggestions:
Always check a user’s feedback before dealing with them. You can check in the Trader Feedback forum using RCTech’s Search feature. It is also suggested to ask for references. Check the user’s profile for their registration date. You may want to take extra precautions for newly registered users.
Buyers should let sellers know when they’ve made payment. Information such as when PayPal transactions were made, or when Money Orders have been mailed is useful.

I think the next guy that comes on here crying they got scammed after sending gift payment should be banned for not following rules!! Done deal!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default reading?

reading rules is way over-rated!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

some clown on traxxas forums wanted to pay as gift the other day. i said no becuase its aginst PayPal policy. he got mad and told me to paypal fee's, i told him no again your violating the policy. i told hm th seller pays his own paypal fee's. he told me to go blank my self. if i wanted his item **GIFT PAYMENT** or PayPal Fee's. i told him bye bye, i had his paypal so i reported him.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Yeah, I'm gonna pay your selling price plus 3%. That makes sense. How about you pay your own business fees. Thank you.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Forum rules clearly state you can not ask for payment as a gift.

sellers~ simply add the fees to your asking price and be done with it, it's not that hard.

If a thread asks for payment as a gift, report it.

FYI, I never have and never will ask for payment as a gift. I won't even offer to buy from those who do. I will report them though! IIRC it's also against PayPal rules to ask for extra money to cover fees

Last edited by racer1812; 11-16-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: added stuff
Old 11-16-2011, 11:09 AM

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

I had a person recently ask if I wanted him to pay as a gift since my price ws really good. I told him that would be great for me lol, but I don't ask people to do that, nor do I recommend anyone ever do that. He asked if I wanted him to cover fees, again said no it was already factored in. He sent me a few extra dollars to cover the fees! Great guy and everyone was happy.

Paypal offers a service, and yeah, the fees suck sometimes lol. But, there are other ways to pay, but if you prefer paypal, pay the fees.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Forum rules clearly state you can not ask for payment as a gift.

sellers~ simply add the fees to your asking price and be done with it, it's not that hard.

If a thread asks for payment as a gift, report it.

FYI, I never have and never will ask for payment as a gift. I won't even offer to buy from those who do. I will report them though! IIRC it's also against the rules to ask for extra money to cover fees...
This.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:10 PM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

the only time I ask for money as a gift, is if I am giving something away and am looking for money to cover shipping.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
the only time I ask for money as a gift, is if I am giving something away and am looking for money to cover shipping.
Then move your "give it away" price up 3%. If you have your item priced right, the "willing buyer, willing seller" rules of economics will always kick in.

No need to break the rules (or ask someone else to do it) over 3%.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post

I think the next guy that comes on here crying they got scammed after sending gift payment should be banned for not following rules!! Done deal!
+1
Old 11-17-2011, 05:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OUTCAST View Post
I wish people would stop "paying as gifts."
If you will PayPal me $5 as a gift I will.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.