rcdude236 tries to scam again.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default rcdude236 tries to scam again.

I may be new to this formum and obviously dude236 is not. But he posted a 55" Samsung tv to sale at a price almost too good to believe. But I figured with his 1200 somewhat post on here that he must be somewhat legit. After a couple emails with little info from him and a handful of PM's on this site, again, with no real information from him, it was obvious he was trying to scam me. He basically wanted me to send him almost $700 dollars by paypal as a gift with no phone number, no home address, no contact information. Basically he wanted to do the whole transaction by txt because he said that is the only plan he has on his cell phone??? Not sure if that is even a possibility to have txt only phone, but I have never heard of that.

I am posting the whole communication I had with him posted below. As far as I am concerned, this guy is a punk and may be using his personal hard times to scam others. By looking at his ratings on here he has bought and sold things with no issues, but his last sale was to a guy in France called Doud. He scamed him out of over 300 for a SC10 that Doud never received and never got a refund for. I contacted Doud and this is the information he gave me.

Flame me all you want, but I am putting this out here because it is shit like this that if I were dealing with this guy, I would want to know upfront. I personally believe he is either upon hard times and is tring to scam for money as he has done before. Or if he is a real seller he is an idiot on how he conducts business. I made every opportunity to give him all my contact info and told him I would call him. He never gave me any contact info.

BEWARE!!!!!!

rocdog
I will take it. where are you located to pick up? Or will you deliver to Northern Ca.? Please send pics to [email protected]

Thanks
Dave
916-220+6166

rcdude236pics sent

rocdogGot them, just waiting at this point to hear from you. call me or leave me your number to call you,
Dave
916-220-6166

rcdude236I can only text.

rocdogWhy can you only txt? We need to talk if I am going to send a large amount of money. You have my number, I also emailed you my address. You have not told me where you are located nor provided me any information on contacting you. I am serious buyer but will not just send a stranger that kind of money by txt communication. Makes no sense. Call me to discuss. I was also hoping you can send me a copy of the receipt for the tv from Best Buy also? (can be a picture of it or fax, either way) fax number 916-209-7004. But if you are for real and want to make this happen I am waiting to hear from you. I want this tv but when someone tells me they can only txt that is a concern.

Dave
916-220-6166 (again)

rcdude236Im located in Washington state. Sorry i haven't been on my email today. I will try and look for the receipt today. The reason i can only text is because of my plan. I never use calling so people just text me to get a hold of me.

rocdogDude, are you kidding me? You are selling a 55" tv for a large amount of money and you want me to believe you can not pick up the phone and call me? Or give me a contact number to call you? Sounds and smells like a scam! And what is the deal with Doud who tried to purchase a SC10 from you, he paid, and you never sent him the car? Plus never provided him with tracking or responded to his emails after the fact of him paying you through paypal? Then you sold the car to someone else a week later?

I would only purchase a large ticket items from you after speaking with you, after seeing you ID with an address of your current home location and after going throught the NORMAL steps to buy something third party over the internet. That way if I did not receive what I paid for, you can bet I will pay the extra money for a plane ticket and will be on your door step if I dont receive it. Everything thing about this sounds like a scam and I will be posting this on this web page if I dont hear from you over the phone. You have over 1200 post on this web forum so if you are trying to use that now to scam people I will be positing this to inform others.

Only way you are going to make me believe that you are for real and not trying to scam me is for you to pick up the phone and call me to discuss and provide proper documentation of you owning and purchasing this said TV from Best Buy. If you choose to blow me off at this point, I will be posting this complete converstation on this forum. I dont fuck around with this type of shit, so hopefully arent trying to fuck me!

rcdude236Alright well at this point i dont have a telephone to call you from so let it be. You will be the one being laughed at when someone else writes a positive feedback on me for this tv. That doud guy was later issued a refund which come out of my pocket!! And i never sold it to anyone else a week later. YOu obviously need to re-read the post. I had put on up a month before and that fell to the bottom and then i put up a new ad and doud bought it. I have 50+ ebay transactions that are all 100% positive. Go ahead with thinking what you want. Im just a guy needing some damn money and have a tv i got for $1300 on sale that im trying to resell and you are accusing me of being a scammer.Let it be. I dont need your purchase cause i can go through another person. Thanks for your time

rocdogSo what you are telling me is that you want me to purchase your tv with nothing but a txt back and forth? No proof of anything, no receipt and just paypal you almost 700 dollars all from a txt? Plus you are telling me to txt you but you have never even given me your number? I have given you my number, email, home address and everything you need to contact me and all you have said is lets txt?

I want this tv and was willing to pay you and get it going today, but you have done nothing to make communication with me besides these PM's and email with how much money shipping will cost me. Put yourself in my shoes. If you are legit and truely have a tv to sell and ship me, you have not done much to make this happen. I have done all I can to move forward.

I am still waiting to get a call from you???? Or give me a number and I will call you? Does not cost you anything for me to call you????

rcdude236Alright man. Ive told you that all i can do is text and asked you if that was ok. The proof i was trying to give you was the rcdude236 pic with the paper and tv. If i could call you obviously i would. I have another offer i think im gonna take up. My original plan was to have you pay half before shipping and half after you received but we obviously cant make it that far w/o you accusing me of being a scammer. Thanks for your time.

rocdogI call BS. Who has a phone they can only txt with. Never heard of it. I will be posting this whole conversation. And if I get flamed then I do but you are full of shit! You could have called or gave me a number to call you, or even a number to txt you at this point, which I never got from you. You scamed Doud and you are trying to scam me.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Old 11-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

so from what i can tell you are pissed because he decided not to sell it to you.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stang View Post
so from what i can tell you are pissed because he decided not to sell it to you.
THATS NOT THE POINT REREAD IT AND UNDERSTAND IT.

1. 700$ PAYPAL AS GIFT PAYMENT. IF THE SELLER DOES NOT SHIP THE TV THE BUYER DOES NOT GET A REFUND FROM PAYPAL becuase he paid with gift payment.

2. no home address or contact info only cell number,after seller gets payment cell phone number disconnected seller is gone so is 700$.

3.cell number could be go phone **PAY AS YOU GO** under false info,again seller gets 700$ cell is deactivated BYE BYE 700$

4.seller hasa rep for scamming.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW STANG? nothing to with the seller not wanting to sell to the buyer. the seller would not Provide vaild home address and would not call the buyer directly.only text LMFAO..i never heard a cell plan with **TEXT** only. i do not think they even make or sell text only devices anymore like they used to. now i heard of voice only cell plans for phone calls only with no texting. to have texting only that has to be a lie.,every major wireless carrier requires voice plan text is optional.

good call on not buying the TV....thanks for posting the heads up on him.

and if the seller does not provide a vaild home address the seller has no way of tracking him down to file a small claims suit or police report for legal action. 700$ is a huge amount of money and this is a felony and the seller could be arrested for this. and if he said he will ship USPS this is mail fraud=FELONY...
Old 11-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hi everybody
he scammed me,
i bought him a sc10 and i never received it, he never send me the proof of paiment and he never send me teh money back , i have lost 350 usd.
i have paid as gift so i have maid a mistake but on that forum i have done this a lot of time and i always received the item.
sorry but rcdude230 is a bad guys.
never trust him.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graphite07 View Post

1. 700$ PAYPAL AS GIFT PAYMENT. IF THE SELLER DOES NOT SHIP THE TV THE BUYER DOES NOT GET A REFUND FROM PAYPAL becuase he paid with gift payment.

2. no home address or contact info only cell number,after seller gets payment cell phone number disconnected seller is gone so is 700$.

3.cell number could be go phone **PAY AS YOU GO** under false info,again seller gets 700$ cell is deactivated BYE BYE 700$

DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW STANG? nothing to with the seller not wanting to sell to the buyer. the seller would not Provide vaild home address and would not call the buyer directly.only text LMFAO..i never heard a cell plan with **TEXT** only. i do not think they even make or sell text only devices anymore like they used to. now i heard of voice only cell plans for phone calls only with no texting. to have texting only that has to be a lie.,every major wireless carrier requires voice plan text is optional.

and if the seller does not provide a vaild home address the seller has no way of tracking him down to file a small claims suit or police report for legal action. 700$ is a huge amount of money and this is a felony and the seller could be arrested for this. and if he said he will ship USPS this is mail fraud=FELONY...

++++1!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

have you ever heard of those cheapo companies? also known as boost mobile and a few others. there are a few plans that are txt only.

also whats to stop the buyer from giving out said address even when he has received the item? all you would be getting from me is a p.o. box.

its the buyers fault for being an idiot if he pays by gift and gets scammed. he should have read paypals TOS.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Graphite07 +1, stang -2
Old 11-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Graphite07 +1, stang -2
Old 11-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Graphite07 +1, stang -2
LMFAO... That is awesome.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

sounds like stang is on the scammers side. might be the scammer him self.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The only thing I can agree with stang about is there are text only plans and phones out there, to a point. They have a very basic number of calling minutes per month, no data, internet, etc. Just voice.

Other than that...wth would anyone buy a huge item like a TV off of a forum like this?

I can see if it was a local pickup type thing, a CL local thing. But 2 states away? How the heck were you planning to get it? By the time you're done paying shipping or gas, plus the $700, you could get a great deal on a closeout TV at Best Buy. Why risk your $$ for that amount of money?

Glad you didn't pull the trigger OP. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
The only thing I can agree with stang about is there are text only plans and phones out there, to a point. They have a very basic number of calling minutes per month, no data, internet, etc. Just voice.

Other than that...wth would anyone buy a huge item like a TV off of a forum like this?

I can see if it was a local pickup type thing, a CL local thing. But 2 states away? How the heck were you planning to get it? By the time you're done paying shipping or gas, plus the $700, you could get a great deal on a closeout TV at Best Buy. Why risk your $$ for that amount of money?

Glad you didn't pull the trigger OP. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
from what i could see he was trying to pickup.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

sounds like stang is on the scammers side. might be the scammer him self.
so lets see i live in illinois, the scammer in washington

half the country away if you can tell. now if you would like to send me $700 via gift i have a nice 13" tv i can sell you.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What are you buddies with rcdude236 stang?

I was ok with having it shipped and with rcdude236 (Thomas Barris) 1300 post on this page, my first thoughts were that he is a big user of this page and lots of people probably know him. Usually not a good idea to start scamming people when you are well known in a certain area. But I was wrong.

And the saying is true when things sound too good to be true. It lured me in because I was going to pay $550 plus $116 shipping to buy a 1500 dollar 4 month old tv. I was actually on this site to buy a used 1/8 electric buggy and some how fell upon this guys post for the exact tv I have been looking at buying but at half the price. Of course I wanted to pursue it.

The major point here Stang is that I provided this rcdude all my information and gave him mutlipale options including me calling him to get in touch with each other to proceed with this transaction. He sounded like he needed money and I needed this TV. Win Win. But he was going to scam me just like he did to Doud. If you read my word for word post of my communication with this punk, you would see I did everything to make this transaction happen.

This was only posted to make other aware of scammers like. I do believe the guy owns this TV, I do believe he is going to sell it for $550 to someone local. But I also believe he was out to scam a non local person like myself also. According to Doud, he did the same thing to him. Doud lives in France so it was a perfect person to screw. rcdude236 got a taste for free money from a far away stranger and probably thought he could pull it off again.

The funny thing is that he kept saying txt me, but I asked for hisnumber many times and he never even sent his txt number. So basically I only had PM and email communication with the guy, not one txt message was sent. So really I think he would have tried to get me to pay by PM's alone and i never would have gotten even a txt number. Fing joke!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright İ 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.