Wiki Posts
Search

Beware [email protected], jamie wimer, strz4dayz.....etc

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Angry Beware [email protected], jamie wimer, strz4dayz.....etc

Beware this person (from EBAY, not from here rctech or Rczone) [email protected], jamie wimer, strz4dayz, [email protected].....etc

After winning this auction.....see below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

...he cashed my money thru paypal immediately, then 2 days later, he emailed me and said my final price does not met his reserve...........but he has NO RESERVE ON THIS AUTCION

This is what he wrote on his email......

"...............ive been trying to clear this up with ebay,, your bid was below my reserve.
ill contact you after i hear from them..............."

I would like to know what kind of steps that I can do to get my money back now...(it is $305 total)......I am not very worry about that cause I used my credit card for this transection, and I just cannot rely on paypal cause they are not going to DO anything....but I think I have to do something now.

I gave this guy 24 hours to respond, but most likely I will have to file a claim and cancel this transection thru my credit card company........

My advise to you guys all....beware of (0) newbie EBAYER...

Any lawyer or person who worked with credit card company here can help or offer some advise..? Thanks

P.S....I paid this guy thru paypal via my credit card, should i contact PAYPAL first or my credit card company first...? THanks

Last edited by Rookie Solara; 12-06-2004 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Whatever you do, do it within 30 days. Contact ebay/paypal and let them know whats going on. Try and find a phone nuber. Its better to talk to someone. Then if all else fails contact your credit card company.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by roaddog
Whatever you do, do it within 30 days. Contact ebay/paypal and let them know whats going on. Try and find a phone nuber. Its better to talk to someone. Then if all else fails contact your credit card company.
Already filed a claim thru paypal........you mentioned talking to a PERSON....how to get a person from Paypal...any phone number from them?
Yes....my CC will be my last line of defense.......
Old 12-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Try:

402-935-7733
(888) 221-1161
Old 12-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks........that will help. I appreicated....
Old 12-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Definately file a claim thru PayPal immediately. Then contact your credit card company as well. Also make sure that you follow this through with eBay as this is a breach of their terms of usage, make sure this guy gets NEGATIVE feedback and hopefully banned. Ths guy should REFUND the money while he "works it out" with eBay.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Definately file a claim thru PayPal immediately. Then contact your credit card company as well. Also make sure that you follow this through with eBay as this is a breach of their terms of usage, make sure this guy gets NEGATIVE feedback and hopefully banned. Ths guy should REFUND the money while he "works it out" with eBay.
AMG...you are absolutely CORRECT....there are several Rctech ppl PM'ed me and gave me all the info....really really appreciated.
1st thing....I must file a claim as a fraud...and contact PAYPAL (by phone...not email)....
I've contacted PAYPAL and their rep is really helpfull, already HOLD the money (even though it shown on my CC statment as a charged)....but PAYPAL will contact the seller and have him to provide the shipping information....paypal said, most likley, he will IGNORE that....and then after certain days, paypal will release the whole (100%) refund to me...
Old 12-06-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Of course, paypal stated....he can also choose to SHIP the exact items as described on his ad...in that case, I do really have a bargain....
But he can also choose to SEND me a box or a 1/10 scale Tamiya Grasshopper with his personal spit into it.........
If that happened, that will forms a internet fraud case.....I too can file complaint to paypal and untill I am satisfried with the items, he will not get the money.

Overall, I am very satisfried about PAYPAL......I just have to wait to see what he will do........
Old 12-06-2004, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

After sending him mulitple email after the end of auction on SAT 12-04-2004, he finally decided to send me a email stating that I do not meet his RESERVE.....WHAT RESERVE..? His auction does not have RESERVE...

Another typical case of "I was hopping this guy will pay me $1000 instead of $285......" and want to BACK OUT case and blaim EBAY made a mistake.....

As we all know...RESERVE price is a BIG ITEM on the ebay AD listing....that is IMPOSSIBLE to miss that...you can mistype the reserve price, but you cannot MISS to check the whole reserve option.....he is a TOTAL SCAM.

These are his email reply....and very 'NICE" attitude.

#1 email...."....ive been trying to clear this up with ebay,, your bid was below my reserve.
ill contact you after i hear from them...."

There is nothing EBAY can do....it was all his mistake, and he think I am a ROOKIE....LOL

Now, this is a good one....

#2 email....."...go to hell,, i didnt cash it through paypal, your bid was below my reserve, your e mails are very rude... i made no mistakes, why would i sell a $400 car wwith a $260 motor, and $400 worth of parts for $285,,,, that offer is well below my reserve, ebay screwed up and i never accepted your payment. as far as your 2.9% and whatever you can eat that yourself...."

Tell me to go to hell....and eat HIS MISTAKE myself....Nice. very professional.....and email to him is PROFESSIONAL and FIRM, did not use any BAD LAUGUAGE (like him) the entire way...now, he is telling me "TOUGH LUCK"...........he want to play games, the games is ON.

#3 email...."........ i didnt cash in your paypal payment,, i have 3 "business" days from auction close,,,, what do you want me to get done over the weekend??.........."

A simple email take less then 5 minutes.....he has 48 hours to use and he cannot spare 1 single email to tell his buyer there is a problem.....if he knew he is not going to sell, simply reject my payment and I will know there must be something is UP....
Losing this auction is really the LAST thing I want to happen, I care the less about his garbage....but taking my money and trying to SCAM ppl.....that is so lame.

Last edited by Rookie Solara; 12-06-2004 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Beside calling PAYPAL......if you are using your credit card, contact your credit card company immediately.

I have just contacted my CC and they immediately credit back my $305....and they will do the investigation on this person by requesting information from PAYPAL.

Since he did not actually TOOK my money, I don't think there is much CC or PAYPAL can do.....
But EBAY might be able to ban him....so does PAYPAL.

Now...I need to draft a good "NEGATIVE" feedback onto his (0) feedback account..........never did one before (I was lucky all the time on ebay)....but I think I have to start my first one.

I hope this thread can help those who has similar case...make sure use CREDIT CARD via paypal for payment...and learn my lesson, give extra caustion on ppl with (0) or little to nothing feedback...

Again, there is no FREE LUNCH, but there is always a bargain.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Glad you got it straightened out.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Great news man. Also If you buy from a PayPal guaranteed seller you will also have even more protection from PayPal.

This jerkoff actually has a legally binding contract with you once he has placed the item on eBay. You could enforce the contact with any normal legal action (small claims court in this case).
Old 12-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Great news man. Also If you buy from a PayPal guaranteed seller you will also have even more protection from PayPal.

This jerkoff actually has a legally binding contract with you once he has placed the item on eBay. You could enforce the contact with any normal legal action (small claims court in this case).
Jerkoff like this does not worth my time to play games with him, there is another reason why I must use my Credit Card for my ebay payment....to prevent SCAMMER like this...
I've got my money back 2 hours after I contacted my Credit Card company....I emailed them all 3 emails from this guy, and CC immediately refund my money.....THAT, is called SERIVCE.

And Paypal. Patrict, also did a very good job....stating that if this guy cannot provide any PROOF of shipping or tracking information, I will get my money back 100% within the next 4 days....that really give me a total different story about PAYPAL from what I heard all year long, they are NOT SO BAD afterall.

However, I am still not sure I want to NEGATIVE this A-Ho.....cause once I negative him, he can negative me back immediately by NOT paying him $1000 instead of $285....again, he can keep BLAIMING ebay all year long, but 1 negative on my 100% perfect positive feedback record on ebay is just not worth it...

I've learn my lesson and lucky enough I've got all my money back...

P.S....anyway I can negative him without him negative me for any reason...? In this case...I am 110% in no fault at all, he made the mistake and he tried to back out his deal.....
Old 12-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just wait till the last minute you can leave feedback then bang him.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by roaddog
Just wait till the last minute you can leave feedback then bang him.
Yeah, I heard the same thing....the last minutes does that mean the 90th days from last sat 12-04-2004...? Thanks