What to do???

Old 11-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default What to do???

I bought a motor from a guy on here(not mentioning names right now). He has been on here for awhile. Had good feedback. I paid for the motor. He said he was gonna ship that day and send a tracking number. I sent payment for the motor at 7:44 on the morning of the 10 of November. Now I know that has just been a couple days. Communication was great with the guy but as soon as payment was sent, Not another word from him. And yes, He has been on RCtech in the last few days. I have sent him a couple PM's asking if he has shipped it and for a tracking number and not a word from him. Now I might be jumping the gun a bit, But I do not want to be scammed. I did NOT pay as a gift. My question is, How much longer do I wait or what would you do in this situation?
Old 11-12-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

wait like 3 more days no shipping info or tracking open paypal claim. 5 days is more than enough time to ship...if you send PM"S no reply back to you. i would file th claim tomorrow to get his Attention.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I think you should just calm down. I mean, you paid for something on a Thursday morning (most people work on week days), and Friday was a holiday so there's no way he could have shipped it. Now it's Saturday morning and the post office hasn't even opened yet and you're looking for a tracking number.

I understand you feeling worried that the guy hasn't responded to you. But given the circumstances I just mentioned, I would probably ignore you too. No offense, but c'mon.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
I think you should just calm down. I mean, you paid for something on a Thursday morning (most people work on week days), and Friday was a holiday so there's no way he could have shipped it. Now it's Saturday morning and the post office hasn't even opened yet and you're looking for a tracking number.

I understand you feeling worried that the guy hasn't responded to you. But given the circumstances I just mentioned, I would probably ignore you too. No offense, but c'mon.
+1

And never pay as a gift. Ever. Pay the extra 3% if the seller won't concede it.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Maybe he had a bad case of diarrhea and couldn't ship thursday.... regardless your prolly overreacting. If he dont reply to your pm then send him an email... maybe he hasnt been online to see your pm.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

One more to not buy from.

If he agreed to ship it the same day it should have gone out. If he couldn't do it then he needs to communicate.

Not sure what it is about this forum but it seems like there is a group of users here who don't think that they need to communicate with their buyers once they receive money. It's simple to do and takes little time to complete. Stay up 4 minutes later at night and email or pm the guy, it's that simple.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by catogtp View Post

If he agreed to ship it the same day it should have gone out. If he couldn't do it then he needs to communicate.

Not sure what it is about this forum but it seems like there is a group of users here who don't think that they need to communicate with their buyers once they receive money. It's simple to do and takes little time to complete. Stay up 4 minutes later at night and email or pm the guy, it's that simple.
I agree with your statements about communication. It is definitely the seller's responsibility to remain in contact until the item is received.

I'm not willing to crucify the seller in this transaction yet. It wasn't great what he did, but if he ships today and communicates the tracking info, it wasn't horrible.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Well, Finally got a message from him today. He sent it out today, sent me a tracking number and reciept.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by catogtp View Post

That's too funny! Do me a favor and don't buy from me if you're gonna PM me from the minute you send me money. Like I said, most people have day jobs. If he sent the money early Thursday morning, I would already be at work and wouldn't know until I got home in the evening that a payment was even sent (after USPS closes). Then the next day the post office is closed, and what do ya know, it got shipped today, when the post office re-opened.

I always ship within 24 hours of receiving payment, you can feel free to ask anyone I've dealt with. Unless of course it's a freakin' holiday. Thanks for doing me a favor and not dealing with me. But make sure you let the people you buy from in the future know that you expect proof of shipment regardless of whether or not the shipping companies are even open for business. Oh and don't forget to mention that you don't care whether or not they have a job because your toy cars are more important..

Last edited by harry697; 11-12-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

That's too funny! Do me a favor and don't buy from me if you're gonna PM me from the minute you send me money. Like I said, most people have day jobs. If he sent the money early Thursday morning, I would already be at work and wouldn't know until I got home in the evening that a payment was even sent (after USPS closes). Then the next day the post office is closed, and what do ya know, it got shipped today, when the post office re-opened.

I always ship within 24 hours of receiving payment, you can feel free to ask anyone I've dealt with. Unless of course it's a freakin' holiday. Thanks for doing me a favor and not dealing with me. But make sure you let the people you buy from in the future know that you expect proof of shipment regardless of whether or not the shipping companies are even open for business. Oh and don't forget to mention that you don't care whether or not they have a job because your toy cars are more important..
Wow Harry, it's only toy cars as you say..Really, it comes down to communication. I have had several sellers basically disappear once they get the payment. It's like their goal has been achieved, and "what now does this guy who bought my stuff want" attitude comes out. Then they procrastinate a few days, saying I'm so busy (spending the $$ I made selling my stuff) that I couldn't get it out..Seriously, if there is no communication, how else is the buyer supposed to think, other than the worst. It's natural to think you'll get the shaft, especially when it happens to others all the time. If you sell something-finish the deal, and send tracking info-boom-done, buyer has the info he needs, and wont have to keep ringing you pm box with questions, and maybe make a friend along the way instead of an enemy..Remember, they are toys, but can be a great escape from real world sometimes...
Old 11-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
Wow Harry, it's only toy cars as you say..Really, it comes down to communication. I have had several sellers basically disappear once they get the payment. It's like their goal has been achieved, and "what now does this guy who bought my stuff want" attitude comes out. Then they procrastinate a few days, saying I'm so busy (spending the $$ I made selling my stuff) that I couldn't get it out..Seriously, if there is no communication, how else is the buyer supposed to think, other than the worst. It's natural to think you'll get the shaft, especially when it happens to others all the time. If you sell something-finish the deal, and send tracking info-boom-done, buyer has the info he needs, and wont have to keep ringing you pm box with questions, and maybe make a friend along the way instead of an enemy..Remember, they are toys, but can be a great escape from real world sometimes...
Harry might be a little harsh, but I think you miss his main point...payment was made on Thursday, shipping services were closed on Friday. That means Saturday was the next possible day to ship--which is when the seller shipped.

Did the seller promise same day shipping? It sounds like it, so its understandable why the OP got a little nervous. But if the seller has a day job, like so many of us do, he got the item out within a very reasonable time period.

I agree he could have done a better job of communicating, but Harry's point is still valid. If you can't ship because its a holiday, you can't send tracking info.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
Harry might be a little harsh, but I think you miss his main point...payment was made on Thursday, shipping services were closed on Friday. That means Saturday was the next possible day to ship--which is when the seller shipped.

Did the seller promise same day shipping? It sounds like it, so its understandable why the OP got a little nervous. But if the seller has a day job, like so many of us do, he got the item out within a very reasonable time period.

I agree he could have done a better job of communicating, but Harry's point is still valid. If you can't ship because its a holiday, you can't send tracking info.
Thank you!

I 100% agree that communication is important and I get a little nervous when I send money and don't hear anything else. But I don't worry within the first day because I realize that the average person has responsibilities other than waiting by the computer for a payment so they can make a mad dash for the post office.

If that makes me a bad seller, then so be it. But apparently nobody has thought that so far.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flame56mx View Post
I also agree with you. But it's not like the guy has been waiting for a week for a response. Unless the seller happens to work at home behind a computer all day or happened to see the payment made just before 8:00 A.M. on a weekday, he shipped as quick as humanly possible IMO. Just a tiny bit of patience would have gone a long way here. Was it right for the seller to ignore the PM's? Maybe not, but I can definitely understand why. That's all.

Yes, my response was a bit harsh, but I got some guy saying he'd never deal with me because I wouldn't appreciate a guy repeatedly requesting shipping info on a holiday. Oh well, probably for the best.

Looks like all is well anyway, so I'm gonna stop beating the dead horse now.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I think the one thing here that is being overlooked is that it was agreed that it would be shipped on Thursday and it was not. The buyer tried to get an answer from the seller and it took him 2 days to reply. That is the whole issue here, not that the seller was busy. He didn't do what he said he would.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Well, Harry is on the block list now, LMFAO. The thing is, Why did you tell me he could send it out thursday if he did have to work? I told me that a couple times that he could send it out thursday. The other thing, Once I paid him, Never heard from him that day, even though he was on rctech numerous times that day. Was I jumping the gun??? Maybe I was, Maybe I wasn't. The point is that I asked him friday if he sent it out on thursday, Like I was told by him, but he never replied back. He could have said no and that would have been fine for me. It is important to me to get a tracking number and a date when it was shipped cause I do travel alot and I need someone to pick up my mail. I live in the country, if I have mail in my mail box for 2 day with out being picked up, they take it back. Is it really that hard to communicate through a message? Maybe for this guy it is and must be for Harry, LOL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.