Wiki Posts
Search

Watch out for dlantzy

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)
Default Watch out for dlantzy

He posted on my brothers thread about trading a Tekin motor for my brothers (tq_racing) transponder, he had no need for a motor so I pm'd the guy and told him I would take the deal. He only had 4 posts and no trader rating so I asked him to ship first, which he did, I got the motor and it looks good have not had a chance to test it yet.

However I get a text this morning saying he got the package and the corner was ripped off and nothing in it, and is now demanding I send him another transponder or his motor back. (tq_racing will be posting the picture up soon as I am at work). I told him to take the package to his post office and file for a lost item. I have never had any issue shipping nor have I EVER had anything delivered by any carrier with an edge just torn off.

To me it looks like he opened it in a way to get out the transponder and try and get me to send his motor back.

Just wanted to let everyone know.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (97%+)

here is the pic of how it "showed up" at his how. i have never seen the post office let an envolope show up like this as a package. it was sent parcel so it would of been hand sorted and everything so pretty much no way that this could happen. so just watch out for this guy.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If the box was truly delivered like that by the post office they would have put a big sticker on it saying that the box was damaged and empty. I should know this happened to me twice with ebay orders in the past.

Just my .02 cents
Old 10-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phoebus28
If the box was truly delivered like that by the post office they would have put a big sticker on it saying that the box was damaged and empty. I should know this happened to me twice with ebay orders in the past.

Just my .02 cents
+1. Also, If anything happens to a letter or a package, they will usually put it in another padded envelope if the letter or package has any damage done to it. I think the guy is trying to take you for a ride and trying to get his motor back or another transponder.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Yup thats my take as well. I am not to worried I am sure the mods will remove what ever negative feedback he leaves for me, if he even shows back up on this site, his 4 posts have not changes in over a week and a half when we started this deal.

The sad thing is the guy called me (while I was at work and was unable to answer) and left me a voice mail and he sounds like a grown man .... I tell ya the things people will do.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Yep. X3 to everyone else. If a package or envelope is damaged by USPS, they will put all the contents into a plastic envelope with a big "oops, we're sorry we messed up your stuff" note on it.

Ask him for a picture of that, if he can't produce it, then he should have asked you to send it insured. Not your responsibility (unless that's what you offered to do in the deal).

For future deals, however, I would highly recommend not using standard envelopes to ship items. Pay the extra $2 for a padded envelope and/or bubble wrap. Your buyers/traders will appreciate the additional care taken. So will the items. It is possible that if you sent it in a regular envelope, it was handled like a regular letter, and the unit got snagged in a mail sorter (possibly causing it to rip open the envelope in the corner) if that is all that happened, if the postal employee on the end of the line didn't see it in the stack, your letter carrier delivers it "as is" because they don't have anything else but the envelope to give to you.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

It went pacel and the post office on my end said it was good to go, it was protected inside the envelope as well. I have never had any package I have sent show up damaged.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn
He posted on my brothers thread about trading a Tekin motor for my brothers (tq_racing) transponder, he had no need for a motor so I pm'd the guy and told him I would take the deal. He only had 4 posts and no trader rating so I asked him to ship first, which he did, I got the motor and it looks good have not had a chance to test it yet.

However I get a text this morning saying he got the package and the corner was ripped off and nothing in it, and is now demanding I send him another transponder or his motor back. (tq_racing will be posting the picture up soon as I am at work). I told him to take the package to his post office and file for a lost item. I have never had any issue shipping nor have I EVER had anything delivered by any carrier with an edge just torn off.

To me it looks like he opened it in a way to get out the transponder and try and get me to send his motor back.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

i would not send anything back to him!!! until he has soild proof of this.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speedy S
+1. Also, If anything happens to a letter or a package, they will usually put it in another padded envelope if the letter or package has any damage done to it. I think the guy is trying to take you for a ride and trying to get his motor back or another transponder.
yep i agree with that. this has happen to me won auction from ebay. package was damaged in transit USPS they put a sticker on it saying the package was damaged and the contents was lost.

i say he is trying to scam you.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default in an envelope?

Did you seriously send a transponder in an envelope??
Old 10-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Protected yes I did, I have received a few of them that same way over the last two years.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Sucks

Lil, I seen you around and I am on your side as far as I think he is f'ing with you and trying to scam ya. Having said that, I'd be pissed if you sent me a transponder in an envelope, with the way packages are tossed around and look like they have been through war.
Sure as hell doesnt give him the right to rip you off, hope it goes well for ya mate!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (97%+)

the transponder was bubble wrapped in the envelope. if it wasnt it could of shipped out with just a stamp but since there was a hump in it then it had to go parcel.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

did he email that pic to you of the envlope? if so ask him where the other plastic envlope is? USPS places it in when the envlope is damaged in transit. where is the OP that got the transponder i see he has not posted yet.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

He said that's how it arrived lol like the postman would deliver that without covering his butt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.