Buggy Purchase From Australia?

Old 10-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default Buggy Purchase From Australia?

Need opinions on a purchase I made from Australia. I bought a MP9 TKI2 from another member who has awesome/perfect feedback and is a 6 year member/veteran. I just found out that the same guy sold another MP9 Tki2 to possibly two other members. One of which has been waiting for 28 days for his buggy to arrive in the states but nothing yet. I don't have the third persons info as of yet.

Emails were good in the beginning but now that I've paid in full they are not as responsive. I wasn't terribly worried until I found another member who has been waiting 28 days and still no car. Me and the other member have tracking numbers but nothing seems to track.

How long should it take to ship a new buggy from Australia to California (USA)? 28 days seems way to long which makes me worried about my purchase.

Thought?
Old 10-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by holechit View Post
Need opinions on a purchase I made from Australia. I bought a MP9 TKI2 from another member who has awesome/perfect feedback and is a 6 year member/veteran. I just found out that the same guy sold another MP9 Tki2 to possibly two other members. One of which has been waiting for 28 days for his buggy to arrive in the states but nothing yet. I don't have the third persons info as of yet.

Emails were good in the beginning but now that I've paid in full they are not as responsive. I wasn't terribly worried until I found another member who has been waiting 28 days and still no car. Me and the other member have tracking numbers but nothing seems to track.

How long should it take to ship a new buggy from Australia to California (USA)? 28 days seems way to long which makes me worried about my purchase.

Thought?
it normally takes about 12 days, does your tracking info atleast say it was excepted?? or does it say there is no record of item? if it says excepted it will not update untill it hits the states, if it says no record of item, the item was not shipped.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

I sent my payment on 10/18 so the tracking number may not yet be active. The current Australian Post status is: "Product Not Trackable".

My concerns are not necessarily for my purchase at this time but for another member who has been waiting 28 days and no package. He purchased the same car as I did but three weeks before my transaction. I just don't want my transaction/shipment to take this long as well.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Suspended

I sent my payment on 10/18 so the tracking number may not yet be active. The current Australian Post status is: "Product Not Trackable".

My concerns are not necessarily for my purchase at this time but for another member who has been waiting 28 days and no package. He purchased the same car as I did but three weeks before my transaction. I just don't want my transaction/shipment to take this long as well.
so you guys bought the same buggy??
Old 10-25-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

I know, I know....... That's why I'm concerned. I don't want anyone to jump to conclusions or start bashing because the selling member has outstanding oustanding feedback but it worries me that another member still doesn't have his buggy after 28 days. It could just be a shipping issue and not a seller issue at this point. I just don't know. That's why the questions...
Old 10-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Suspended

I know, I know....... That's why I'm concerned. I don't want anyone to jump to conclusions or start bashing because the selling member has outstanding oustanding feedback but it worries me that another member still doesn't have his buggy after 28 days. It could just be a shipping issue and not a seller issue at this point. I just don't know. That's why the questions...
well if you both bought the same buggy, that means one of you guys is going to get screwed, or both
Old 10-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

Definitely sounds fishy to me. Also why buy something from someone on the other side of the world?... I stick to Canada at most, but for used i generally stick to in the U.S. Unless its from a legit business its not worth the risk. Did you use paypal? Just make sure to file a claim before the 45 days are up, maybe give it another week and file a claim.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Yep, Paypal was used in both cases.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
well if you both bought the same buggy, that means one of you guys is going to get screwed, or both
I also bought the same buggy back in Mid September and a second one 2 weeks after and I Just got the my 1st one. Shipping from Australia to Canada/US Zone C usually takes 3 weeks on average.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by joech View Post
I also bought the same buggy back in Mid September and a second one 2 weeks after and I Just got the my 1st one. Shipping from Australia to Canada/US Zone C usually takes 3 weeks on average.
How many days did it take for you to get buggy #1 and how many days has it been so far for buggy #2? Thanks for the info...
Old 10-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I ordered a set of 20 bearings from Australia, I got them in a week, I still have stuff coming from the states and it's been almost 3 weeks. Don't get how that works but it shipped really quick from AUS.

Hope it works out for you.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by joech View Post
I'm glad to hear that you have now received both your new buggy's. I can just hope that mine will arrive in the same time frame. Thanks for the PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Australia Post makes USPS look super efficient. I have had a parcel from the US arrive in a week but a parcel I sent from Perth AU to Sydney AU took 2 weeks to get there. At the moment anything from AUS to USA should allow 4-6 weeks as a minimum.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

I'm now at 37 days and no MP9. Getting ready to file a claim.