R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   What would you do?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/560922-what-would-you-do.html)

choppermech11 10-19-2011 08:03 PM

What would you do?? **update**

I sold and shipped a DX3R radio on Oct3. He received it Oct11. He tells me tonight that the radio does not steer right. He has had it for 8 Days. How am I to know that something hasnt happened on his end? He has asked for a refund threw a Text and threw paypal.
Not sure what I should do. I will call paypal in the morning.
What would you guys do Or has anybody had this happen to them??

**update**
So PayPal sided with him... No clue:confused: He returned the radio. It works perfect, JUST like I sold it to him. BUT NO RX :flaming::flaming:
So i called PayPal and they had to reopen the case. This is just getting stupid. Now I can't resell the radio till this is resolved.....

Mike Marshall 10-19-2011 08:15 PM

I wouldn't refund it myself. I would tell him to call Horizon tech support, most likely he is doing something wrong...Steering trim, end points...something

inferno13 10-19-2011 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by choppermech11 (Post 9804697)
I sold and shipped a DX3R radio on Oct3. He received it Oct11. He tells me tonight that the radio does not steer right. He has had it for 8 Days. How am I to know that something hasnt happened on his end? He has asked for a refund threw a Text and threw paypal.

is he familar with the radio? settings? maybe a user error. thats a tough call after 8 days of having it and useing it, but ill bet it just in the settings in the radio if he is not familar with the features the radio has. i would offer a 1/2 refund and ask him to send radio back to you and see if it works good for you. if it works well for you. he can send the 1/2 refund you sent him back to you and ship radio back and help him with settings and such. just a fair
thought if he is willing to work with you. communacation is everything

choppermech11 10-19-2011 08:54 PM

Yeah that is what I was thinking that there is a setting. I know that if you reset the parameters and don't save it. You lose it. He opened up a dispute with PayPal already. So I wrote in the PayPal box to call spektrum and have them help him out. Might be a setting

inferno13 10-19-2011 09:30 PM

he received what he bought so i am guessing paypal will be against him on his claim, but i would try to help him out with settings as much as you can. i try to be most helpful when dealing with guys that may not know how to work the things they buy. i just kinda went through this last week on a .21 engine i sold, i had a vidio and everything in my ad and he received it and could not get it to run and idle, i helped him out on the phone and got it going for him, (was just a glow plug) now he says it the best running engine he has ever had:nod:, communicate with him, things will work out im sure

aptyk88 10-19-2011 09:36 PM

maybe it needs to be calibrated?

eri3f0g 10-19-2011 10:07 PM

happened to mine and a buddy of mine after it was shipped the potientiometers (sp?) go out of wack. If you do as above stated and reset the radio it should calibrate fine.

When it happened to me I had that "oh bleep" for at least 15 minutes. found the reset and viola' no problem.

Hope that's it, I'd at least make sure he understands what that is and have him confirm he did it before just accepting it back.

mickeymouse93 10-20-2011 01:06 AM

its his deal man, he prob dropped it!

Rock333 10-20-2011 08:05 AM

I would say it is either a setting in the radio or he needs to reset the servo saver if he mounted it without the radio on the servo more than likely wasn't at neutral then when the radio turns on and the wheels are out of whack he trimmed it till they were pointing straight thus causing it to only steer in one direction.

mojoman81 10-20-2011 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by choppermech11 (Post 9804697)

Tell him to race oval with it :lol:

inferno13 10-20-2011 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by mojoman81 (Post 9806544)
Tell him to race oval with it :lol:

not very helpful but kinda funny!:lol:

choppermech11 10-20-2011 09:42 AM

Well he escalated it to a claim. So its up to paypal now....
I have had lots of spektrum radios. I even shipped my sons to them to get fixed. They sent me a New one. So would I risk not getting a New radio from them??

Ill keep you updated.

Meradin 10-20-2011 09:52 AM

He got what he bought. You have no reason to refund his money as He had it for 8 days. A lot can happen in 8 days.

Rock333 10-20-2011 12:30 PM

Yeah alot can happen in 8 days, you cannot warranty the item so it is something he has to fix. Let paypal know that he got what he received. And make sure to give us a name so we can stay away from him cause he obviously does not know what he is doing or does not take care of his stuff and blames others.

badaml 10-20-2011 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rock333 (Post 9807563)
Yeah alot can happen in 8 days, you cannot warranty the item so it is something he has to fix. Let paypal know that he got what he received. And make sure to give us a name so we can stay away from him cause he obviously does not know what he is doing or does not take care of his stuff and blames others.

Agreed. You always hear about bad sellers, but nobody ever mentions the bad buyers.