Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
How long to wait before opening a case? >

How long to wait before opening a case?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long to wait before opening a case?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default How long to wait before opening a case?

I bought a losi 8ight 2.0 race roller from "kelby roberts". Communication was great while we were making the deal, sent him the money on a saturday, he said he'd ship it out first thing that week. After asking on tuesday and thursday if it had been shipped yet I finally got a simple "shipped today" reply. No tracking number. This is an item being shipped to Canada. I asked for a tracking number, as usual no response, that was 5 days ago.

Needless to say i'm feeling like I got ripped off, but I wouldn't be able to know for sure unless the buggy never shows up for something like 4 weeks, that's a long time to sit around thinking you got ripped off.

How long would you wait to open a case with paypal? I did send the money under the "purchasing goods" category at least...

thanks,
Chris
Old 10-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Doesnt it take a bit longer for shipping if you ship internationally having to deal with customs.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Tech Initiate

did you ask for a tracking #...is he replying to your emails?...should only be 7-10 business days even with customs
Old 10-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'd say 10 business days from PM/email of item shipped. If it doesn't arrive by then start PM'ing/email for tracking explaining that you are simply getting worried and proof of shipment/tracking would help set you at ease. Most of us that have sold have also purchased and I feel that's a more than fair way to go about it.

On the other hand I just hate it when communication is top notch and then drops to almost nothing after cash exchanges. That leads to the am I getting ripped feeling.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

The problem is not that I think the item is taking to long to arrive, the problem is that he will not reply to any of my pm's or messages since I sent him the money. I asked for a tracking number and he is just ignoring me, so I have no way to know if he actually sent it or not. If he DID send it, it legitimately could take 3-4 weeks to get here depending on customs, but it could also arrive in under 2 weeks, all depend how fast customs processes it.

To clarify the frustration:
- Said he would ship first thing after i bought it, actually "claims" he shipped it 6 days later, no explanation, no apology, just a 3 word reply.
- only finally said he shipped it after i had sent a couple messages with no reply asking if it shipped, both sent after he said it would have been shipped
- have sent him multiple messages since then asking for a tracking number, then explaining my frustration, then publicly just saying he should reply to my pm's, no reply to any.

I've had people on ebay try to scam me before, and i'm getting the same feeling from this guy I usually get from them.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I've sent and received stuff from canada in about 2 weeks.....Granted I live right next to CANADA ....I always take a pic of the declarations from and send it to the buyer.
I would give it a few days and ask for delivery confirmaation, if the seller is smart he would have gotten one.

it really depends on the communication you get from the seller.

godd luck,
Old 10-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdchris
I bought a losi 8ight 2.0 race roller from "kelby roberts". Communication was great while we were making the deal, sent him the money on a saturday, he said he'd ship it out first thing that week. After asking on tuesday and thursday if it had been shipped yet I finally got a simple "shipped today" reply. No tracking number. This is an item being shipped to Canada. I asked for a tracking number, as usual no response, that was 5 days ago.

Needless to say i'm feeling like I got ripped off, but I wouldn't be able to know for sure unless the buggy never shows up for something like 4 weeks, that's a long time to sit around thinking you got ripped off.

How long would you wait to open a case with paypal? I did send the money under the "purchasing goods" category at least...

thanks,
Chris
how is his feedback?? Sounds like the communication is bad as a seller,some people love to talk untill they get the money then drop off the planet. Make sure you leave the proper feedback so everyone knows what to expect. Hope it works out for ya. Also almost 2 weeks with no reply,I would file a claim now,bet he responds quick then.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)

You might need to put in a pp claim if he hasnt responded to your pm because from what i see in his profile, his Last Activity: 10-16-2011 06:07 PM. Since he was on theres no reason for him not to pm you back.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the input guys. I just opened a paypal dispute with the message stating that all I want is some communication and proof that the item was shipped, and the dispute will be closed if he provides that. I'll give him a week to reply to the dispute and if he doesn't then i'll upgrade it to a "claim" where they can decide to recover the funds.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Thanks for the input guys. I just opened a paypal dispute with the message stating that all I want is some communication and proof that the item was shipped, and the dispute will be closed if he provides that. I'll give him a week to reply to the dispute and if he doesn't then i'll upgrade it to a "claim" where they can decide to recover the funds.

keep in mind if you close that claim you willl not be able to open another claim on the same item....you may want to make sure you get it.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Good call, had forgotten about that. Thanks for the tip.

Really hoping it just all works out and I get my stuff and he keeps the cash.

Chris
Old 10-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Well looks like I got lucky. Wife just called me and said a package arrived that needed a signature, and it was the package from this guy, she opened it and looks like everything is there.

Still haven't heard anything from him, but man am I ever relieved that I didn't get ripped off

Appropriate feedback will be left.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Well looks like I got lucky. Wife just called me and said a package arrived that needed a signature, and it was the package from this guy, she opened it and looks like everything is there.

Still haven't heard anything from him, but man am I ever relieved that I didn't get ripped off

Appropriate feedback will be left.
Great a happy camper.!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)

Glad to hear it showed up! Nothing like feeling you got ripped or wondering of it will show up.. Like knots in your stomach.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

It was a bad move on the sellers part not to provide a TN or confirmation of some sort, but on occasion it does happen(still seller's own fault). Regardless the communication on his part was poor, but if the product was "as described" then I'd cut him a lil slack on the feedback.

Personally Id post him positive feedback detailing the goods were as advertised, but mention in the comments section that communication was spotty at best.

I personally always try and PM actual pics of the product at the shipping office I go to,provide a TN etc to a potential buyer but on occasion things do come up where its not always possible.

Anyway, glad to hear this was a positive outcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.