Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
How long to wait before opening a case? >

How long to wait before opening a case?

How long to wait before opening a case?

Old 10-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

So is the feedback you left on the 22nd the feedback for this purchase? If so you said nothing about the sellers lack of communication.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Use this link. The day after I filled out the form the Police dept. in the guys town called me. I gave them all emails and links to all communication on the site the trade and purchase was made from. I'm waiting to hear from the Police now.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cul8tr View Post
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Use this link. The day after I filled out the form the Police dept. in the guys town called me. I gave them all emails and links to all communication on the site the trade and purchase was made from. I'm waiting to hear from the Police now.
I'm pretty sure he already received his buggy.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:15 PM

you feel tracking number would have been good?
wel not if the seller in states and you in canada.
if he shipped us mail once it gets to customs its considered delivered by us mail.
got to ship ups or fed ex or something like that if you want it tracked all the way, most buyer who are outside us dont want to pay extra shipping to have shipped that way.
safer to always sell in states if you a us seller . my opinion.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldmanracer531 View Post
you feel tracking number would have been good?
wel not if the seller in states and you in canada.
if he shipped us mail once it gets to customs its considered delivered by us mail.
got to ship ups or fed ex or something like that if you want it tracked all the way, most buyer who are outside us dont want to pay extra shipping to have shipped that way.
safer to always sell in states if you a us seller . my opinion.
That's actually not true, once the package clears gets to customs you use the exact same tracking number to track the package through www.canadapost.com, if you marked as requiring a signature for delivery you will get the same delivery confirmation as you normally do, just as safe. Also I always expect to pay more for shipping across the border, been doing it for a LONG time.

I left him feedback this morning, was going back and forth on what to do but seeing as the buggy did arrive in a very reasonable time frame for international shipping and was accurately described in the ad I did leave him positive feedback and indicated that communication was spotty in the comments.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdchris View Post
That's actually not true, once the package clears gets to customs you use the exact same tracking number to track the package through www.canadapost.com, if you marked as requiring a signature for delivery you will get the same delivery confirmation as you normally do, just as safe. Also I always expect to pay more for shipping across the border, been doing it for a LONG time.

I left him feedback this morning, was going back and forth on what to do but seeing as the buggy did arrive in a very reasonable time frame for international shipping and was accurately described in the ad I did leave him positive feedback and indicated that communication was spotty in the comments.
I think that was a fair and honest thing to do on your part. Anyway glad to see the outcome was good. Enjoy your new toy.