Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Question to Mods... Any way to compile a list scammers? >

Question to Mods... Any way to compile a list scammers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question to Mods... Any way to compile a list scammers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Question to Mods... Any way to compile a list scammers?

Many people having their own "ignore" lists of people they will not deal with.
Any way to make these lists public (if member chooses) so we are able to add them to our personal lists?

Basically, I want to ignore all the people I've had trouble with PLUS all the people everyone else has had trouble with.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Wow look at all the responses in here....

Here is my ignore list if it helps. 95% were scammers, 5% might have been involved in some kind of dispute where it was kind of shady on both sides.

PM me if you want it

pretty sad my list is this long

Last edited by Kylar; 10-07-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Good list (unfortunately). I added all the names to mine (I had nothing new to share).

If it were easier for us to consolidate our lists and be proactive, I'm sure it would save at least some people from the grief of dealing with these deadbeats.

Thank you for sharing.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gweedz
Many people having their own "ignore" lists of people they will not deal with.
Any way to make these lists public (if member chooses) so we are able to add them to our personal lists?

Basically, I want to ignore all the people I've had trouble with PLUS all the people everyone else has had trouble with.

The search feature is a wonderful thing, but it doesn't work on it's own.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...ders-list.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...mers-list.html
Old 10-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'd thought about this as well but chose not to put out my ignore list.

Why? Well, sometimes I put someone on my ignore list because I didn't like the way they handled themselves during a dispute with others. It's just my take on them and in all honesty they did hold their end of a deal up, they just seemed to be, uhm, very "opinionated" and seemed to be someone I didn't want to deal with. Now as the years go by I can't remember who is who on my list and I really don't want to post someone's name and then have them back here cussing me out as they "never did a bad deal"

Even with that said, it's a good idea and those that have a "scammers only" ignore list I'm all for it being shared.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by harry697
The search feature is a wonderful thing, but it doesn't work on it's own.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...ders-list.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...mers-list.html
I agree, especially when you don't read the results. Neither of them answer my question.

Maybe I should have been more clear, but I'm asking the mods if there's a way to make each person's list public (if they decide) so people can go to one location on the boards and decide if they want to adopt that list.

Last edited by Gweedz; 10-04-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

I agree, especially when you don't read the results. Neither of them answer my question.

Maybe I should have been more clear, but I'm asking the mods if there's a way to make each person's list public (if they decide) so people can go to one location on the boards and decide if they want to adopt that list.
I sorta understand what you're asking, but that's still basically what the whole feedback forum is. Most people get their ignore list names from reading the negative threads in this forum.

The easiest way I've found to go about it is, search the feedback forum with the person's user name that you are considering doing a deal with. If there is anything to be worried about, most likely it will come up.

You have to keep in mind that some people are just douche bags that will never be satisfied and their list will probably contain people who have done nothing wrong. I can think of a few of those people off-hand.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylar
Wow look at all the responses in here....

Here is my ignore list if it helps. 95% were scammers, 5% might have been involved in some kind of dispute where it was kind of shady on both sides.

379pete
91b20si
aptyk88
badasslash4x4
Blacksheep1
brushless guru
cooptroop123
dakota01
dirtneck
dirtydan
EL BILLU
hotrodder05
HVFracingwilly
iflybyu
illeegal1
InsaneRC
JASON671
jelly_v2
jiks0983
jw112
kbp2448
ken77ford
Latrodectus27
lerryfish
loopedout
losimanforlife1
lowandslowracin
madhatter55
mbx61977
mcdragon2
mist467
mr.hotbodie
mrjoshua
Mustang63
nasty99
nwcorey
perez62682
poboyrevo
PsycoB4
R1raven2
rctrader
rsmugs
S1CK-M1ND3D
Segfault
Skywalker14
slashmaniac
SocLiche
tntpoof
tomcat618
TrailblazerSS81
THROTTLEhappy20
tylerb1193
williey186
yzinger02
440swinger-kid

pretty sad my list is this long
I understand your position but it is pretty sad that my name is on there and the Mods have even checked the deal and taken the other partie's feedback off of me and the other party is banned EVERYWHERE but here. But I guess that makes me shady

Maybe I should put you on my ignore list based off of the fact you posted all of those name's as bad people without stateing why they were scammer's or shady !! Not to mention the biggest and most notorious PROVEN scammer's aren't even on your list !!!
Old 10-05-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

UPDATE PROBLEMS WITH 440SWINGERKID

Posted by Kylar

""Update: Well he finally found the time to log on, and leave me undeserved neutral feedback.

He also had the gall to claim it was my fault as i should have called his cell phone if I had an issue.
Besides the fact that its ridiculous to try and make this my fault, I got his cell# in one of the first transactions we did 3+ months ago and I didn't save it in my phone, so no I couldn't call him.

I encourage anyone that didn't get the items they paid for, to make sure to follow up and leave him feedback. ""

Uh OH you better put yourself on your list !!! Looks like you may be in that 5 % that were involved in a questionable deal !!! See my point now
Old 10-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by williey186
I understand your position but it is pretty sad that my name is on there and the Mods have even checked the deal and taken the other partie's feedback off of me and the other party is banned EVERYWHERE but here. But I guess that makes me shady

Maybe I should put you on my ignore list based off of the fact you posted all of those name's as bad people without stateing why they were scammer's or shady !! Not to mention the biggest and most notorious PROVEN scammer's aren't even on your list !!!
Exactly the point I was trying to make earlier.

Aside from that, having a list of bad user names is pretty much pointless. What's the point of going by a user name when the scammer will just make a new one once they get busted? You need either a person's real name or address if you want to know who not to deal with. That list posted above is probably only a handful of different people, just multiple accounts.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by harry697
Exactly the point I was trying to make earlier.

Aside from that, having a list of bad user names is pretty much pointless. What's the point of going by a user name when the scammer will just make a new one once they get busted?
Your point fails because williey186 is on my ignore list, yet he's still active in this thread and among the boards.
It's nice to know immediately when dealing with someone on your ignore list (the system notifies you whenever the name shows up), instead of having to visit the feedback forums every time I interact with a new person. I didn't say having a universal list is the only way, but for me it would be the best way.

Having said that... it seems like it's not possible so the point is mute. I'll just keep copying questionable people into my ignore list.

Bitten once, twice shy.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Your point fails because williey186 is on my ignore list, yet he's still active in this thread and among the boards.
]
Perhaps that's because he has nothing to hide? I'm sure if he was really worthy of being on a bad trader/scammer list, he would just create a new account like all the others do.

May I ask you one more thing before I give up? Why exactly is williey186 on your ignore list? All I can find about him is a thread started by Dancomer, who has been caught scamming and/or banned from pretty much every forum he has ever been on.

I'm not sticking up for williey186 by any means. I don't know him and have never dealt with him. Just wondering what he has done wrong for you to put him on your ignore list?

Last edited by harry697; 10-05-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

So your asking the mods to create a list of every scammer based off your ignore list and want to also add everyone elses ignores regardless of reasoning of why that person ended up on their ignore list? What are you trying to do, kill the site altogether? I would think if you start the ball rolling on that it wouldn't be long before everyone ended up on everyone elses ignore list and there would be nobody left to talk to. If it were me and I got to that point of distrust with buying, selling, or trading with members on this site, I simply would not conduct business on this site any longer. Either that or don't be lazy and simply do some research on your buyers/sellers. It's not very hard to look at a person posts, and how other transactions played out to make a simple judgement on whether someone is being truthful or not. Seems like anyways most of the cases of people getting scammed resulted from either sending money as a gift through Paypal, buying from someone with no previous feedback and little to no previous post history, or trading with someone else and getting heartburn over thinking something was misrepresented or not equal value. Be smart, and you won't get burned. If you want 100% proof you won't get burned, then go buy it new from the hobby shop.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

All i can say is i never seen so many ripper on one site i am new on here and would never in 100 years think about takeing a member items or money and not shipping my end of the deal that way i will still with e-bay now to all you scammers out there get a life and a job my 2 cents
Old 10-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

And I will second that out of all my hobbies and various forums I regular, I have never seen as many shady people, scammers, and deals gone bad as I do in the R/C hobby and on this site in particular. I sell stuff on here, but I would never, ever buy or trade with someone on this site. If I did and got ripped off, I would have to only myself to blame. I see new posts about someone new scamming someone else everyday on here. I have been on multiple other forums through other various hobbies, etc. and you maybe see one scammer a year on those sites, if even that. Those that do get singled out and dealt with immediately, the other site members get notified of the offenders account removal and who to contact if you were one of the ones who got scammed. The remaining details are kept privately without posts rambling out of control containing personal threats and personal information.

I do keep asking myself, why are there so many scammers in the R/C hobby and this site in particular? It is baffling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.