Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THROTTLEDOWN20 IS A SCAMMER

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Seems like its the same small handful of scammers doing this over and over again on this site......... ........... i think there should be a new implemented requirement/rule before u can post your first for sale thread..........like needing to be a member for a minimum of say 3-6 months or longer even, and needing to have a requirement of having done X amount of "buys" and/or "trades"(in which it is required that you send YOUR item FIRST before the established member with good feedback here sends his item ONLY AFTER the new member's sent product is satisfactory)without any issues.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Seems like its the same small handful of scammers doing this over and over again on this site......... ........... i think there should be a new implemented requirement/rule before u can post your first for sale thread..........like needing to be a member for a minimum of say 3-6 months or longer even, and needing to have a requirement of having done X amount of "buys" and/or "trades"(in which it is required that you send YOUR item FIRST before the established member with good feedback here sends his item ONLY AFTER the new member's sent product is satisfactory)without any issues.
This is a forum.. I don't see any way that a site like this can easily enforce such rules. I'm doubting there are many "paid" mods, there is liability when you start making rules like that about selling. The more rules you put in place the more liability that starts to fall onto rctech.net as the selling establishment.

By stating buy and sell at your own risk and do your homework, they can allow this site to continue.

The more scammers you see, the more you hear about it, and the more aware you are should make you a more cautious buyer. Some will take getting scammed to learn, others will have their good nature taken advantage of. All things come at a price. Do research and get good intel on the person your dealing with.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Excellent to hear. Keep the pressure on! Get this scum eradicated!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eri3f0g
This is a forum.. I don't see any way that a site like this can easily enforce such rules. I'm doubting there are many "paid" mods, there is liability when you start making rules like that about selling. The more rules you put in place the more liability that starts to fall onto rctech.net as the selling establishment.

By stating buy and sell at your own risk and do your homework, they can allow this site to continue.

The more scammers you see, the more you hear about it, and the more aware you are should make you a more cautious buyer. Some will take getting scammed to learn, others will have their good nature taken advantage of. All things come at a price. Do research and get good intel on the person your dealing with.
Just to clarify , there are NO PAID mods on rctech we are all volunteers
Old 10-02-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHINO22
I called him out in his FS thread, because it looked sketchy. I got flamed for it. Then a mod deleted my post. Guess I was right.

My original post..

His FS thread that I thought looked sketchy - http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post9701183
wow thats crazy u called him out and got flammed now look what happened makes me laugh a little if people were only smarter and looked at the obvious especially if its pointed out to u lol
Old 10-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Initiate

im sure i got scammed by this tool too. thought i traded a rolling clod buster for his 2 Rc10gt's. im sure ill recieve an empty envelope as well..

the whole throttlehappy20 ,and throttledown20 threw me off on the scammer thread.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Originally Posted by pattywagon34
im sure i got scammed by this tool too. thought i traded a rolling clod buster for his 2 Rc10gt's. im sure ill recieve an empty envelope as well..

the whole throttlehappy20 ,and throttledown20 threw me off on the scammer thread.
Who did you trade with?
Old 10-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn
Who did you trade with?
throtttle happy20. the scammer thread name was throttledown20.. ,never read over it because it wasnt the user name of the guy i was trading with.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4wd _all_ day
wow thats crazy u called him out and got flammed now look what happened makes me laugh a little if people were only smarter and looked at the obvious especially if its pointed out to u lol

Well, it's easy to say that now when you're riding the coat-tails of hindsight.

But, for those of us that were cautious, I simply asked him to ship first. He was really insistant on me shipping immediately after, but I wasn't going for it, based on his feedback rating, so I was just going to wait for it to arrive. Glad I did. So now I'm doing my best to help get info for those looking to file against him.

.....it's a little more productive than other's here just saying, "neener-neener, I told you so"
Old 10-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Who actually lost items? What did you ship? Im not asking who had deals but did not ship or who got their packages rerouted back. I live kinda local and would like to know what to keep my eyes open for at local pawn shops hobby shops and craigslist.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn
Who actually lost items? What did you ship? Im not asking who had deals but did not ship or who got their packages rerouted back. I live kinda local and would like to know what to keep my eyes open for at local pawn shops hobby shops and craigslist.
Did you get your items from him?
Old 10-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

I did not trade with him my pms did not get responded to. However my brother bought from him last month locally however they did all their talking via email so he does not have his number but he knows what he looks like so we wanna keep our eyes open.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Oh, my bad. Just looked like you had purchased from him and were going back for more. Guess it was a good thing he didn't respond.

Hopefully those who have dealt with him will take the proper steps to have him held responsible for his actions.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

this GUY is a Clown show. why can't people get a job and buy their rc stuff!

back in 2007 a kid/teenager tryed to get me for 235$ for a 2.5 t maxx off ebay,he lived in Oklahoma so i drove 1 hour to his house,after a short talk with the dad and showed him the print out from ebay i had my t maxx. and the dad jumped on his tail right then and now.come to find out the dad was a sheriff for the town i went to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.