Community
Wiki Posts
Search

possibly getting ripped on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Default possibly getting ripped on ebay

i found a Rc10gt on ebay that i wanted. it was $75 buy it now & $35 for shipping. so i gave my friend $120... he bought it ..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEAM-ASOCIAT...item27bdda1520

^^^ the first one.. my friend paid for it and it came out to $110 total.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEAM-ASOCIAT...item27bdfa763c
here it is RElisted under an auction.

what the heck is going on ???
Old 09-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

If your friend paid for it, have him contact paypal (hopefully it was paid with by paypal) immediately....... Paypal and ebay are the same company so it'll be easier to contact them. Have him open a dispute/claim immediately as well showing the links to both auctions, its a no brainer for paypal to see this guy is a scammer....
Old 09-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Initiate

it was through paypal.

my friend said he filed a complaint because it wasnt shipped.

im not sure how it all works ,but my friend bought it, but he said the seller didnt "take " the money .... not sure what that exactly means..

my friend emailed him a few times, still no reply.

only good thing is my friend did win me a Rc10gt tub roller for parts , $22 shipped . im happy but i was realy looking forward to getting the blue one that was "bought" .

this sucks
Old 09-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pattywagon34
it was through paypal.

my friend said he filed a complaint because it wasnt shipped.

im not sure how it all works ,but my friend bought it, but he said the seller didnt "take " the money .... not sure what that exactly means..

my friend emailed him a few times, still no reply.

only good thing is my friend did win me a Rc10gt tub roller for parts , $22 shipped . im happy but i was realy looking forward to getting the blue one that was "bought" .

this sucks
According to your avatar you are in Hawaii correct? If your friend is as well the seller might have decided it was to expensive to ship there, and what it means by the seller not taking the money is that they did not deposit it to their bank account etc., but the seller should have issued a refund asap before relisting it on ebay. Basically the seller most likely backed out because of shipping costs and never completed the transaction, but should have stated on his/her listing on restrictions of where they will ship or will charge extra if shipped to certain locations....
Old 09-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)

Your friend probably doesn't have a "confirmed address" on his paypal account. When he made the payment to the seller, the seller has to choose to accept or deny the payment because the buyer doesn't have a "confirmed address". If the seller accepts the payment and ships to an "unconfirmed address" he gives up some paypal protection on that transaction. He probably didn't want the hassle or potential loss so he chose to deny the payment and relisted the auction. The solution is to get your friend to provide a "confirmed address" to paypal and re-purchase the truck thru the new listing.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

well I see the seller got some neg feedback
Old 09-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
According to your avatar you are in Hawaii correct? If your friend is as well the seller might have decided it was to expensive to ship there, and what it means by the seller not taking the money is that they did not deposit it to their bank account etc., but the seller should have issued a refund asap before relisting it on ebay. Basically the seller most likely backed out because of shipping costs and never completed the transaction, but should have stated on his/her listing on restrictions of where they will ship or will charge extra if shipped to certain locations....
yes thats what my friend suggested also. he said that if some one on the mainland would have bought it ,they woulda still paid $35 for shipping , if sold on the mainland it would have cost around $10-$15 to ship it ,meaning the seller pockets the rest. when the seller saw that he had to ship to hawaii,he figured he wouldnt pocket any extra money, and decided to back out.

well he should have posted "no shipping to hawaii" he hasnt responded to one email reguarding whats going on.

i bet the seller wont get $75 for it in the auction, lucky to get even $40..
im willing to pay big $ for these things cuz im a idiot retard and i like them.
he'll be wishing he hadnt relisted it

$75 in pocket is better than $30-$40

oh well, no money lost, just time and plans.. search for another one goes on.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Pretty sad that when you look at the sellers feedback he has 11 positives, all from buying. Then you go to the feedback as a seller tab and he has 1, the negative you left.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

yes thats what my friend suggested also. he said that if some one on the mainland would have bought it ,they woulda still paid $35 for shipping , if sold on the mainland it would have cost around $10-$15 to ship it ,meaning the seller pockets the rest. when the seller saw that he had to ship to hawaii,he figured he wouldnt pocket any extra money, and decided to back out.

well he should have posted "no shipping to hawaii" he hasnt responded to one email reguarding whats going on.

i bet the seller wont get $75 for it in the auction, lucky to get even $40..
im willing to pay big $ for these things cuz im a idiot retard and i like them.
he'll be wishing he hadnt relisted it

$75 in pocket is better than $30-$40

oh well, no money lost, just time and plans.. search for another one goes on.
Hey I have one I'd be willing to sell ;-) pm me if interested lol..........

Yeah I did notice his shipping was high even with the mainland, so that was my guess for why he didn't want to send to Hawaii since he was trying to makeup some difference and pocket a little from charging a high shipping rate........
Old 09-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Shipping has become an issue with Ebay.

I can't open the ads at work (ebay is blocked) but did he set up shipping to be autocalculated or is it a set amount by the seller. If it's autocalculated, the $35 reflects shipping to Hawaii.

As a side note, you're going to see shipping prices increase because of how Ebay is now charging a percentage on your shipping money. They did this to alleviate the $1 item with the $195 shipping charge auctions. But it screws the legitimate sellers who didn't gouge shipping costs.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Initiate

this ebay seller is clearly a scammer. he's telling my friend to send the money again through paypal, then he'll cancle the aution and ship it.
for the same price $75 for the truck, $35 to ship.

cant trust this seller, he's fishy , and no good .
Old 09-08-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

this ebay seller is clearly a scammer. he's telling my friend to send the money again through paypal, then he'll cancle the aution and ship it.
for the same price $75 for the truck, $35 to ship.

cant trust this seller, he's fishy , and no good .
Sounds fishy to me as well. I bet he filed a non paying bidder on the last one and is offering to ship it again to skate around the end of auction fees.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I have one for the same price. Not only does it come with a motor but I wouldn't have pulled any shady crap.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...am-rc10gt.html
Old 09-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Tech Initiate

umm , the guy ended up selling the Rc10gt for $40 i think. what a idiot, he coulda had $75 !!!

no worries though, im buying one from another member here for $100 shipped..

only thing is, idk where it came from , i got a pm from a guy saying he had a rc10 forsale !! i thought it was the member who posted that he had one for sale on this thread. ughh....

so this means theres 2 gt's im gonna be scouting