An Important TIP!!

Old 08-22-2011, 06:14 PM

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default An Important TIP!!

Just a heads up to those sellers out there that sell alot on here or any other online site, and use paypal........ Whenever you sell something make sure there is a clear understanding of what is being sold between you and the buyer, even if you list it in detail on your FS thread with pics........ In my case I had my PS3 Move with games and accessories FS on here and a buyer (won't disclose username unless they want to chime in) offered me a price (now I had the xbox kinect being sold as well with the ps3 move items for 250, but I listed that I did not want to separate) which was very close to my asking price for both items....... However I felt that the buyer really wanted the PS3 move items since I wasn't looking to separate them so I didn't think much of it....... Item's were sold and then shipped, I then get a pm from buyer stating that the PS3 move and accessories was there but no PS3 gaming console..... WTF!!!!!!!!! Now if I need to post my FS thread I will but there was never a PS3 console offered or even listed on the thread....... So after a few pm's I told the buyer I would refund the whole amount minus what I paid in shipping, but only after I received the items and they were in the same condition as when I sold them..... Which we both agreed on.

Right after I check my paypal account and noticed that the buyer had filed a dispute and didn't tell me (well he says he mentioned he notified paypal, I'll give him that but nothing was mentioned about a dispute, so I guess it was kind of my fault for not reading inbetween the lines about him notifying paypal, but to my credit I had just come off a 10+hr graveyard shift and was dead tired)........ I asked him about it via pm and then told him that I would not refund the money unless he closed the dispute, this was only because I had other items I was selling and now anything sold paypal was going to hold because my account was frozen because of his dispute..... Well low and behold I finally get some sleep and wake up to find the buyer escalates it to a full claim...... WTF again, I can understand if I refused to refund him the money but I told him I would right away once items were received back.

To make a long story short since its already a long rant, paypal ended up deciding in his favor since he claims the items were not as described, even though I clearly showed them I never stated a PS3 console was included and that there were pictures shown of what was........ In the end I don't care that the buyer got his money back, I was going to refund it in the first place. But now I'm screwed with paypal because of a claim that wasn't even my fault, from now on all money I receive via paypal will be held for 21 days or until I show proof of tracking that it was delivered, and then its on hold for at least another three days after that............ Not only did I lose out on the money spent to ship the items (which he said he would refund but never did), I also lost money since I had it listed on ebay and had alot of messages asking me to separate, so I lost out on those potential sells as well since I ended the auction early.....

Basically I got screwed in this deal and I did nothing wrong and I'm paying the price for it, so from now as a tip and lesson learned I will make it perfectly clear between me and the buyer of what is being sold, and will save all pm's until the 45 day grace period is up via paypal........ END RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Not listing who the buyer is here isn't doing us any favors. Sounds like an impatient buyer to whom I would never want to deal with.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ahh, he's being respectful about the deal. Sometimes you have to eat the "sit" sandwich and the most you can ask for is a little mustard, so to speak.

A good point to make.

I'm not sure that it covers me but in the "you've got money" email that's created during sending someone payment I write exact descriptions.

example.

Payment for Tekin RS and redline 13.5 motor in good working order purchased through RCtech online forum.

example 2

Payment for 2 Savox 1258TG servo's NIB shipped to my address purchased through RCtech.

Also in agreeing on a price (when I'm selling) I always state:
"Why yes, I will take $100 shipped for my "complete description of item""

I've not had an issue as of yet, but that doesn't mean I haven't had other issues that weren't on the money/paypal side of things.

I think forum buying is a gamble and there is inherit risks that you take by trusting anonymous people to be as fair, compassionate, or as understanding as you might be.

Be cautious. Take ALL your PM's and save them to your hard drive for clarification if it's needed. Describe purchases like you were explaining it to a 4 year old.

Note to the deal you have ilan... It almost sounds like one of those "I can't believe the deal I got, it's to good to be true!" ; "uh, uh, what do you mean no ps3 for that price"
I think people out there still feel that you can just "get the deal of a lifetime" on the internet. There should be some responsibility to be an educated buyer, but alas, that is not the case.

Thanks for the tip and I best be getting back to work.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by catogtp View Post
Not listing who the buyer is here isn't doing us any favors. Sounds like an impatient buyer to whom I would never want to deal with.
I didn't disclose the buyers name on here because people are human and mistakes can be made......But if you would like the username pm me and I'll give it to you on there......

And yes I do the same thing eri3fog whenever I buy something I put a full description of what it is... In this case buyer only put PS3 lot, which still never mentions anything about the gaming console........And yeah the buyer must have thought it was a great deal when I excepted his offer, I mean I would have as well if in fact it did come with a gaming console.........
Old 08-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (93%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz View Post
I didn't disclose the buyers name on here because people are human and mistakes can be made......But if you would like the username pm me and I'll give it to you on there......

And yes I do the same thing eri3fog whenever I buy something I put a full description of what it is... In this case buyer only put PS3 lot, which still never mentions anything about the gaming console........And yeah the buyer must have thought it was a great deal when I excepted his offer, I mean I would have as well if in fact it did come with a gaming console.........
Did he Send your Stuff Back?
Old 08-23-2011, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by tcb22185 View Post
Did he Send your Stuff Back?
Yes the items got sent back, took him almost a week though before it was even sent.......
Old 08-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I suppose it's respectful but I think it's well past "honest mistake" on the buyers part. Sounds more like buyers remorse to me. The fact that the paypal claim was escalated so quick and it took him/her a week to send it back deserves little to no respect from me. The repercussions from the buyer not letting the seller make things right and escalating the claim would be enough for me to post the guys name.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

One important thing to learn here: PayPal is a JOKE. It doesn't surprise me one bit how PayPal handled that. I had someone try to screw me on eBay by saying something (non-rc item) didn't work (after leaving positive feedback saying it was good). Immediately, PayPal refunded him the money from my account and it took over two months of issues with having claims notarized and documents faxed etc to finally get my money back. They're so buyer oriented it's not even worth dealing with them, except for the fact that they have such a big monopoly.

/rant
Old 08-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

So do you still have the move stuff if so pm me with a price for pick up cash is king!
Old 08-24-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by S1CK-M1ND3D View Post
So do you still have the move stuff if so pm me with a price for pick up cash is king!
PM'd you as well as sent you a text....
Old 08-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

A little off topic here. But when someone issues you a refund does it show in pay pal under your transactions/history? I know the money can take a few days to come through but should it not show that the refund has been issued with explanation saying this should take so and so days and the amount? Someone said they refunded me and all it says so far is the same thing it said when I sent money. You have sent so and so this amount of money and completed. He said something about waiting for the money to clear pay pal or something then he will refund? Not sure what he's talking about everytime I get someone send me money from a sale the $ is available right away and I can turn around and spend it like 2 seconds later. I sent it to him through my pay pal account balance and it's instant transfer. Shouldn't the refund me instant as well. Thanks and appreciate the response/help in advance. I am being patient, but getting anxious, I hate having my money float around on the net with some random person and little to no communication.

Thanks,

Stephan
Old 08-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtraman122 View Post
One important thing to learn here: PayPal is a JOKE. It doesn't surprise me one bit how PayPal handled that. I had someone try to screw me on eBay by saying something (non-rc item) didn't work (after leaving positive feedback saying it was good). Immediately, PayPal refunded him the money from my account and it took over two months of issues with having claims notarized and documents faxed etc to finally get my money back. They're so buyer oriented it's not even worth dealing with them, except for the fact that they have such a big monopoly.

/rant
Agreed. I recently stopped selling items altogether because of Paypal's BS. I have sold multiple items through RC Tech, Ebay, and other forum sites. All positive feedback, never once a problem with any item sold. Then I get an email from Paypal stating that my account is considered "at risk" because of the number of items sold and that funds from all future transactions will be held for 21 days to allow my buyers a chance to dispute or get refunds on their purchases. F*** you paypal! I will only sell items locally now or not at all.