Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Anyone have problems? Lazy Mail People? >

Anyone have problems? Lazy Mail People?

Anyone have problems? Lazy Mail People?

Old 08-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Angry Anyone have problems? Lazy Mail People?

OK I ordered parts off towerhobbies.com they where suppose be delivered today. So I took my basher out for a while. I come back to find the mail lady has come and gone. I am like great get my parts now. Open mail box nothing. So i check the tracking number. was still saying out for delivery so I was ok I will wait. Waited.........nothing check tracking number and I get they left a notice. So i checked threw the mail and found no notice double checked the mail box double checked the front door nothing.

So I ask fellow rctech people if they ever have problems with lazy mail people (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.)

Me and my family are sick of it. They are lazier than state workers......

if I didn't post this in the right form mod please move it.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I got no idea where this thread belongs.

I've experience exactly what you have just last week. I didn't consider it lazy as I know my mailman works a tough route. Quite often if it's bigger than the smallest priority box he will leave it in the truck. Last weeks incident happened and the odd thing was I received 2 priority boxes and the 3rd stated delivered on the tracking. My thought was "crap".... Anyway, I waited until the next days mail came and I didn't get it. I called 800 whatever and the lady said that the delivery was "resorted" and is still out for delivery. Later that day when the mailman came around with the truck he dropped the package. I was outside and he simply said "sorry for that, one of the packages moved and I missed it"

It's all good to me, the guy didn't go all lazy on me, just made an error.

Now, I have to admit what we all experience when that "RC PARTS PACKAGE" doesn't come... dread, concern, will I have it fixed before the next practice/race.... lol
Old 08-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 222 (100%+)

For us its always USPS that does this, there tracking system is so outdated and off sometimes it takes 48 hours to see a change.

Maybe UPS and FedEx just have raised the bar so much where USPS is lacking.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

for me its ups being lazy, throwing packages up onto my proch fron the street or it coming up as delivered whe it hadnt been and no notice left. then lets not forget fedex, waiting until midnight or later to deliver a freaking package
Old 08-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

I've had that happen quite a few times with USPS, usually if it says it will be delivered on a date, i dont get it until the next day or two. Thats correct about their tracking system, definitely much slower to update then UPS and Fedex.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default yes

Originally Posted by InsaneRC View Post
OK I ordered parts off towerhobbies.com they where suppose be delivered today. So I took my basher out for a while. I come back to find the mail lady has come and gone. I am like great get my parts now. Open mail box nothing. So i check the tracking number. was still saying out for delivery so I was ok I will wait. Waited.........nothing check tracking number and I get they left a notice. So i checked threw the mail and found no notice double checked the mail box double checked the front door nothing.

So I ask fellow rctech people if they ever have problems with lazy mail people (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.)

ive had the same deal with my mail man.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

seems I will get it tomorrow hope he/she is lazy and get out of the truck to leave the package at door step or ring our doorbell. even though the button sticks. My mom filed a complainant to USPS. UPS is also lazy I know my LHS has problems with ordering things for customs and the boxes are squished and the R/C is damaged and he has to go threw the hassle of sending it back or ordering a new one fro the customer.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Can you actually give mailmen trader feedback here on this forum? LOL!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ntrain42 View Post
Can you actually give mailmen trader feedback here on this forum? LOL!
i wish lmao someone make an account so we can neg feedback it when a mail person messes up oh wait against the rules abusing trader feedback darn....
Old 08-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Yea!......
I had a lazy trader that after the deal was complete and they insisted I mail first and recieved my end of the deal they really took there time on shipping. Days and days and excuse after excuse. I think it was 5-6 days later it shipped
Old 08-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Default mail people

Yes I order alot of rc parts and supplies , and the mail carrier changes like the seasons here. the USPS carrier recently drove up to my mail box stuck a sticker in the box and drove away. I had to go to the post office to get my box, I asked if this is how its done. They said no and I was asked to talk with the supervisor so of course I said yes, well seems they are to get out and knock on the door not just pass you over because they are to lazy to get out of the jeep, you can file a complaint as I did and guess what?? I have a new mail carrier and they are awesome she comes to the door knocks and I have my boxes on time. So bottom line is you can file a complaint and the USPS will act quick to correct it, and the lazy guy can go work for 7/11.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I order so many things my mail women knows me by name, she just honks 3 times, then sets there. I meet her every morning.

So, my USPS lady is awesome. I guess it's just the person working.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

And it's only going to get worse. They just reported a 3.1 billion dollar loss in the third quarter.

Luckily for me I've had a pretty good mail carrier.

The biggest problem I have is how they dress, most of them in my town don't even wear a uniform anymore, they just wear whatever.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by InsaneRC View Post

Yep........3 times in the last 3 weeks, if its raining out or to hot the mail man will not leave anything that wont fit in mail box. (lazy) they normally leave it on coverd porch but getting worse every week. i call the post office after seeing somthing is out for delivey and not recieving it, and the worker i talk to brings it to me after his/her shift in their personal car.

Just think...............might be a new opening for local hobby shops to stay in business. all because lasy a$$ USPS WORKERS!!
Old 08-07-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Perhaps wth the way the mail system is going (less letters, more packages) it's time for a protocol change?

Think of the time wasted by delivery drivers getting out at every house but only being able to deliver to say 1 in 10? Perhaps they should create a shipping class where they don't try to deliver the package but the mailman leaves a pickup notice for you to collect that afternoon?

In Australia we have the exact same problem and I feel that if the driver didn't waste so much time trying to deliver to people who aren't home the people/businesses who can recieve on the day will get better service. Time is money and a lot will be getting wasted every day.

Just a thought. Times are changing and so must the postal system.