Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
When you have a problem on a deal how many chances Do you give? >

When you have a problem on a deal how many chances Do you give?

When you have a problem on a deal how many chances Do you give?

Old 07-15-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default When you have a problem on a deal how many chances Do you give?

I was just wondering how much stuff do you put up with before enough is enough..
I'm in the middle of a deal and things are not going very well, guy ships product gives me a tracking # pull up the # and its been returned to him, I get ahold of seller and he's acting like somehow it's my fault, seller tells me that he'll find out what the problem is and re ship giving me another tracking #. that was 2 days ago and no contact since, the guy has lots of good feedback and don't I wish to call anyone out yet..stuff happens and sometimes people do get delayed, just trying to get a time frame figured out.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Post office probably couldn't figure out which van down by the river to bring it to... Sorry, that was just some humor because I laughed when I read your location...

Anyway, I feel your frustration. Us humans, what a pain in the azz. On one hand if you PM him a dozen times asking what's up you might get the "chill man, why you gotta PM me all the time" or you might get the "sorry, I've been super busy but I'll get it to you asap" Ya never know.

I can only base my opinion on my own dealings. Recently I sold two items on a Thursday. I stated that I would ship items on Friday. There was a death in the family, albiet expected, it still made for some long days. I PM'd both parties explaining situation and stated I would try and get package shipped on Sat. Sat came and I was not able. I PM'd parties again, both replied and thanked me for the update and said all is well. Monday I shipped all and our business concluded.

As simple a story as that is, it should show anyone that communication is the best device to keep either party from the dreaded "wondering" of am I getting screwed?

I think I would send the seller a PM, if you haven't already, and explain your concerns and ask for a response. As you probably know, it's so easy to offend in online "texts" that you always risk making someone upset. The reason it's ok is that you are not asking for anything you are not due. You started a transaction, you agreed on it, you paid.. the other party is required to follow through or should have no business trying to sell on a forum.

See how longwinded I can be, and quite frankly I haven't even answered your question.

What's the timeframe? My .02 cents. You PM'd him for information. It's been two days with no reply. Have you viewed his profile and checked his activity? Has he logged in multiple times yet still not replied to your PM? If this is the case he is fueling your worry. If he hasn't logged in and you can't "prove" he is ignoring you I'd give it another day, 2 max, and then start contacting him more often.

I feel for you, there is still a very good possibility that all things will work out fine so don't get "excited" yet, cautious though for sure.

Good luck!
Old 07-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awesome response, I am looking at it the same way. Sometimes things happen that are out of our control and we have to be understanding. I haven't sent the guy a whole bunch of texts and I did voice my concerns, thanks for a well thought out response, it's one of the best I've read I a while.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eri3f0g View Post
Post office probably couldn't figure out which van down by the river to bring it to... Sorry, that was just some humor because I laughed when I read your location...

Anyway, I feel your frustration. Us humans, what a pain in the azz. On one hand if you PM him a dozen times asking what's up you might get the "chill man, why you gotta PM me all the time" or you might get the "sorry, I've been super busy but I'll get it to you asap" Ya never know.

I can only base my opinion on my own dealings. Recently I sold two items on a Thursday. I stated that I would ship items on Friday. There was a death in the family, albiet expected, it still made for some long days. I PM'd both parties explaining situation and stated I would try and get package shipped on Sat. Sat came and I was not able. I PM'd parties again, both replied and thanked me for the update and said all is well. Monday I shipped all and our business concluded.

As simple a story as that is, it should show anyone that communication is the best device to keep either party from the dreaded "wondering" of am I getting screwed?

I think I would send the seller a PM, if you haven't already, and explain your concerns and ask for a response. As you probably know, it's so easy to offend in online "texts" that you always risk making someone upset. The reason it's ok is that you are not asking for anything you are not due. You started a transaction, you agreed on it, you paid.. the other party is required to follow through or should have no business trying to sell on a forum.

See how longwinded I can be, and quite frankly I haven't even answered your question.

What's the timeframe? My .02 cents. You PM'd him for information. It's been two days with no reply. Have you viewed his profile and checked his activity? Has he logged in multiple times yet still not replied to your PM? If this is the case he is fueling your worry. If he hasn't logged in and you can't "prove" he is ignoring you I'd give it another day, 2 max, and then start contacting him more often.

I feel for you, there is still a very good possibility that all things will work out fine so don't get "excited" yet, cautious though for sure.

Good luck!

I most certaintly agree...When I did IT work for the bank, it wasn't the amount of work I did, it was that I stay in contact with the customer and give them updates even if none about current progress...Thus I never got bad reviews because whether the work was done on time or not I always kept them informed and therefore to them it was always done

As this guy said I'd give it 2 more days, check his activity if he is logging in and just plain ignoring you then it might be time to call him out. Best of luck! I pretty much just stick with ebay, doing deals on a forum is like mixxing business with pleasure when something doesn't work out you can be considered the wrong one and then no one likes you anymore. Sucks but it does happen.

In the mean time we bought 3 buggies and broke them all in 8 minutes of racing, and with no spare parts in Afghan we had to superglue and duct tape em to use em again.

Anyways best of luck man!