My how to deal with thread

Old 07-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default My how to deal with thread

I recently made a purchase of an DX3R on here. The seller listed the item was like new condition and the pictures showed a good clean item. After a few pm'd about the purchase I paypal'd the money to him. The next day he sent it out. 2 days later I get the item, seemed super fast for the distance it traveled so I was thrilled.

Later that evening I decided to open it up and take a look; opened the box and pulled it out, it looked descent for a used item but no where near like new as stated. Scratches on the base and front under the screen like it was layed on its face. No big deal..It also had a cheap carbon fiber stickers all over it that were pealing on most of the corners; I decide to pull them off because they looked tacky imo, the first sticker I pull located around the base, then the one at the top where it rests on your hand (between the thumb/index fibers) when I notice there is a crack from one side to the other. Kinda looks like the grip was once replaced and the screws were tightened too much.

Wow this is not acceptable at all. I contact him and explain what is wrong, he then says that he bought it off a friend and will ask him about it. Later he says friend knows nothing about it and is saying its a shipping issue possibly. The radio was delivered in the stock box with stock foam neither show any sort of damage.

I inform him that we can work this out as I'm not a bad guy. I called spektrum and they tell me they sell the halves but as a repair only and would need to send it in. they are $10 each side plus 30 to 45 minutes to repair at $45 an hour. He said total cost would be about $60. I informed seller and he says that's rediculous and would offer $10 for 1 side only and that I could repair it myself, which I could but they won't sell the sides to the public.

Now he isn't responding at all to my messages. I'm still willing to make this right in some way but don't feel I should put more money into a radio that was advertised as like new.

HELP!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If he doesnt offer to help anymore negative feedback him!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

was it the dx3r that had the peeling showing in the pictures? I saw that thread a little back. The pictures made it look rough.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by haganracing77 View Post
If he doesnt offer to help anymore negative feedback him!
I'm hoping not to have to but I did however already leave feedback due to him seemingly being a upfront guy and fast shipping.

Originally Posted by eri3f0g View Post
was it the dx3r that had the peeling showing in the pictures? I saw that thread a little back. The pictures made it look rough.
I think but the ad was recent.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

This is the thread. In the picture of the back side below the hiteq sticker is the carbon sticker, the bottom of the sticker is almost perfectly aligned with the crack its hard to see from this angle.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-shipping.html
Old 07-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Seller lied. Puts it up for sale as nearly new, yet now admits he isn't even the original owner when you find the crack covered up with stickers and attempts to shift the blame to the original owner or claims it happened during shipping?? BS all the way around. Seller has to make it right or suffer neg feedback.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

NOPE.. that's not the one that looked rough. Looks good in fact by the pictures. The other I saw had what looked like peeling sticker all over the grip. That's why I passed on it at the time, yours looks much better.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I understand that I was buying used and that there will be some flaws which I'm willing to overlook but that's not acceptable imo. Had I known I would have not bought it, but I'm willing to get over it if he fixes it. I'm not trying to be unfair or rip anyone off.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

If he seems to blow you off and has no concern for you then leave appropriate and honest feedback is all you can do. Most straight up guys will work with you and at least meet half way or refund and eat shipping. Let the person destroy they're feedback if they wish.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Latest comment:

I told you I would pay for the part only and I think that is going up and beyond. The guy I got this from said there was no crack and when I shipped it it wasn't cracked either so I really don't understand where the crack came from. The radio works perfect, Sorry. I will not do a full refund because the radio got cracked and I have no idea how it got cracked, the best I could do is pay for the part only. You got an awesome deal on the radio.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

OMG,................another "I bought it off a friend" excuse from the seller..............who is the seller?
Old 07-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ntrain42 View Post
OMG,................another "I bought it off a friend" excuse from the seller..............who is the seller?
Trailblazerss81 is his username
Old 07-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You could simply send the entire thing back to him for a full refund of your purchase and be done with it.

Personally, I would just keep it and move on, cracked handle or not, seems like a great deal.

Is it "brand new" condition?.... NO
Is it "as advertised"?.... NO
Does the current condition (cracked handle) affect it's functionality?.... NO
Was it a good deal cracked handle or not?.... YES

I guess the low price and stickers covering a good portion of a "like new" unit would have made expect a little something wrong.

Maybe kind of like buying a "like new" RC and the pictures don't actually show every last part of every last piece. When it arrived it performs excellent and everything appears to be OK.... You then decide to undo some heat shrink that you noticed in the original pictures. You find the wires had at sometime been cut way too short on the ESC and someone solder patched new ones and heat shrinked them.

Still work?... Sure. Like new?... Well it sure didn't come new that way, but is it directly effecting it's performance?
Poor description... But still a very usable good deal.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

Those pics clearly show a radio with some scratches and use....

For the money I would move on as 150 is a nice deal....

If I was selling it I would have left out the like new part..
Old 07-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

I agree it is a good deal and I will keep it I would however like a little refund due to the fact that it is not as described, I'd be willing to take half of total cost to fix but not a measly $10.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.