How to deal with this seller?

Old 07-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default How to deal with this seller?

I purchased an item from a seller on this website that when received was not complete. I made the mistake of paying as a Paypal gift. He currently has a 100% rating.

I don't want to call him out on it in the open until I can fully decide what to do.

When I PM'd him stating that an item was missing, he used his 100% seller/buyer rating and implied that he wouldn't cheat buyers on this site and that I was in the wrong.

We PM'd back and forth for a bit and finally come to the conclusion that he would pay for half of what the missing item was worth. (sucks to be me). I agreed to this due to him having a high seller rating and being sick of dealing with the situation.

The Paypal never arrived. I messaged him two more times after this. (over a week later and nearly three weeks later). So far my PM's have been ignored. He has logged into this website several times since I've sent those PM's.

I have the complete conversation in PM's.

What should I do?
Old 07-06-2011, 03:47 PM

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

What did you buy, and what is the value of the piece missing? Seeing as its been 3weeks or so I would go ahead and leave the seller a negative feedback and explain the situation on the comment part........ I have a rule I never pay as a gift unless I've done several transactions with the seller before or I know them personally....... It sucks that this has happened from someone with a perfect rating, and even sucks that he threw that at you in his defense...... Therefore, I would go ahead and call him out on it if you feel like it may be the only way for him to resolve the situation, but thats completely up to you.......G'luck, hope everything works out in the end....
Old 07-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Call him out and lets see the ad. Also what is missing. I know it will be hard on you because you don't have much feed back.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Originally Posted by skipnay View Post
Call him out and lets see the ad. Also what is missing. I know it will be hard on you because you don't have much feed back.
What he said. Post a link to the for sale ad. Just because you are a newer member does not mean a guy with more feedback then you can screw you around.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

call him out that probably the only way he will respond to you
Old 07-07-2011, 08:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4wd _all_ day View Post
call him out that probably the only way he will respond to you
Sadly, he is right. If the seller has already dropped the feedback card then he is not really interested in working with you it seems.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I would NOT agree to pay for half of an item that you did not receive. I would NEVER use the gift option on pay pal either..it gives you zero recourse when it comes to problems..if you have talked to the seller and basically he's refusing to deal with you give him bad feedback and explain why..if he retaliates with bad feedback for you contact the mods and you can have it removed.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
I would NOT agree to pay for half of an item that you did not receive. I would NEVER use the gift option on pay pal either..it gives you zero recourse when it comes to problems..if you have talked to the seller and basically he's refusing to deal with you give him bad feedback and explain why..if he retaliates with bad feedback for you contact the mods and you can have it removed.
Some more info: (more drama)

I know the UPS guys in my town (I worked seasonal for two years) so the package was delivered without me signing for it. So basically it is his word against mine on if the missing item was packaged in the box or I pulled it.

I actually posted bad feedback. He contacted me and said he would Paypal me (50% of the item value, meeting me in the middle) if I removed the bad feedback. I had the mods remove the bad feedback, and since acknowledging the feedback was removed, he hasn't contacted me since.

I wasn't very intelligent when handling the initial gift payment. I even sent him an extra Paypal due to him claiming that shipping was expensive. I've learned my lesson here.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:51 AM

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Who was it? Put the bad feedback back and pm the mods and explain to them what happened after they removed it.........Sorry to say but it seems like he really screwed you now.......
Old 07-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ilanstylz View Post
Who was it? Put the bad feedback back and pm the mods and explain to them what happened after they removed it.........Sorry to say but it seems like he really screwed you now.......
Yeah no doubt..as a seller if you told me I forgot to include something I would make it 100% right and then some, plus as a seller I would NEVER ask for anyone to pay pal money as a gift..and if I guess wrong on the price of shipping it's MY bad and I "eat" the shipping costs..This is how I do business and I EXPECT people whom I do business with to do the same..Inevitably, you will come across people who will try to take advantage of you and push your boundaries, and inevitably, there will be times when you try and try (and try again) to work with these people, Knowing where to draw the line is the most important thing in these situations, You must establish your limitations..I also have a 3 strike rule..ask me to send pay pal as a gift..strike one..quote me shipping costs and then try to raise the shipping costs..strike two..anything out of the ordinary..(like..zero contact after i pay..etc..) I walk away from the
"deal"..
Old 07-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Oasis pretty much hit it on the head.

That whole pay as a gift thing, it's one of those trends that started when sellers found out they could avoid the fees, I wont deal with it anymore myself. If it's just a few bucks and I really want it, I will cover the fee myself but never should a seller "expect" for a buyer to pay as a gift.

As for %100 fb and being on here for a long time or whatever, F-that man! There are people that think just because they have a ton of posts, or FB, or they are some sponsored hot-shot (not trying to be stereotypical, just making a point) that they can sort of bully others or be unreasonable. I say give it another day then drop the hammer....
Old 07-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Take the 2 post above me and listen to them!!! Well worth it but you need to get this out in the open a little more!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

To answer your question; I would leave the appropriate feedback, which in this case I believe should be negative, with a description of the situation. I would not remove it for any reason whatsoever, and I would never make a purchase with a gift payment.

Or you could always go the drama route and make it personal, as others are suggesting.

"We all know that crap is king, give us dirty laundry"
-Don Henley.

Last edited by marooko; 07-07-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by marooko View Post
To answer your question; I would leave the appropriate feedback, which in this case I believe should be negative, with a description of the situation. I would not remove it for any reason whatsoever, and I would never make a purchase with a gift payment.

Or you could always go the drama route and make it personal, as others are suggesting.

"We all know that crap is king, give us dirty laundry"
-Don Henley.
+1
Old 07-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gift = Free

I simply do not understand how paying 3% is really that big of a deal.

Seller wants it sent as "gift" ... That's great... He then gets the amount
he asked for plus 3% sent to him as "goods".

I have yet to have anyone cancel a sale, return my funds or even mention it
after they receive my payment after they asked for pay-pal as a gift and I sent
funds as goods plus Additional 3% without asking if it was OK first.

The very second you send money as "Gift"... Seriously.... ANYTHING ... If anything you receive after that is a bonus and consider yourself lucky!

$9 on a $300.00 deal would be (to me anyhow) a seemingly very cheap price
to pay for security on the deal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.