Seller honoring sales price

Old 07-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default Seller honoring sales price

I bought some items recently and had the buyer refund money only for one of the items because the shipping charges were going to be pretty high for that particular item ( 60% of selling price). I bought both because I need both items.

Should the seller honor their sales price or is it acceptable for the seller to do research after they receive payment?

Iv'e sold plenty of stuff on here and have bitten the bullet quite a few times on shipping charges.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Originally Posted by K.Copeland View Post
I bought some items recently and had the buyer refund money only for one of the items because the shipping charges were going to be pretty high for that particular item ( 60% of selling price). I bought both because I need both items.

Should the seller honor their sales price or is it acceptable for the seller to do research after they receive payment?

Iv'e sold plenty of stuff on here and have bitten the bullet quite a few times on shipping charges.
I personally think once the payment is received it is a done deal. The seller is responsible for figuring out shipping costs ect before making the deal and accepting payment. I have also bitten the bullet on shipping costs on a few items and walked away with basically nothing.... lessons learned as a seller but I always shipped the product even if shipping was more then I thought.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid View Post
I personally think once the payment is received it is a done deal. The seller is responsible for figuring out shipping costs ect before making the deal and accepting payment. I have also bitten the bullet on shipping costs on a few items and walked away with basically nothing.... lessons learned as a seller but I always shipped the product even if shipping was more then I thought.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I agree, once a price is given and a buyer pays it's a sold item at that point. If the shipping was a issue at all the seller should have contacted the buyer to possibly work something out although the buyer would have had no obligation to assist with the shipping at all. I think in most cases a buyer would most likely been open to helping out a little to receive the item that they wanted bad enough to pay for. Communication goes a long way.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Once a price is agreed upon, and then said price is paid, the deal is done. It's now up to the seller to complete the transaction by shipping the product and leaving positive feedback.

I've "given away" things before by not paying attention to shipping. I never felt bad in any way or thought the buyer should incur extra charges. Heck, I even felt pretty darned good about giving a fellow RC'r a great deal. I also leave feedback for quick payment and a smooth deal even before they receive their product.

Basically, what happened to you if I understand it right, is the seller set a price, you paid it, then the seller said you need to spend more money to cover expense. If that's the case, simply put, the seller backed out of a deal. He shook hands on the deal and then backed out. He said "here you go, what a great deal! CYKE!"

That's a negative in my book.

I'll also give a plus one on the communication. Even an offering to meet in the middle or try and come up with a solution that is evidently the sellers lack of foresight.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I've sold an item for $10 shipped before and had postage cost $10.30, you say shipped, you wear the cost.

Seller's in the wrong here.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

wow that is pretty shady, if i were you i would leave the appropriate feedback
Old 07-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the replies guys. I completely understand in that the seller doesn't want to lose any more money with shipping costs than he has to, but as you've all said, it's a done deal. Getting the seller to agree with this is going to be tough.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Full refund, or he takes the hit and learns from it. If a full refund is not given, you know what you have to do. If he wants to change his price, he should also be willing to offer a full refund, it shouldn't be to his discretion if you've already paid.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I do know who this is about... and i do know how much shipping a hauler bag costs if its not broken down like it is when brand new.....

He would have made $4 on the deal... I would have backed out too....Lol.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

But he apparently didn't "back out" completely, just enough to make himself happy. Not too cool.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

He is making more than $4. Parcel Post is the option he should use and it is less than $20 based on Amain's dimensions rounded up for putting cardboard around it. Priority is $52 and Express is $76. This is based on a zipcode from Charlotte to Boston.

The seller did wrong when he decided that you get the tools but not the bag and just shipped the tools. Give him a chance to make it right and then if he refuses light him up. Way to rep Premiere Hobbies bro!
Old 07-08-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I have bitten the bullet myself. Shipping can get expensive, but I see it as a done deal aswell. Once he has the cash and you did your share of the deal. The seller should have recearched the shipping prrice more I guess. But either way..I hope everyone leaves happy
Old 07-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

he only refunded you 60% ? is that what I'm reading here?
Old 07-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

I bought 2 items at a discounted price and was charged full price for the item that I was not refunded for. Not a big deal at this point.

If the hauler was delivered to him, and he assembled it, why not break it down again when he sells it? Easy enough isn't it? Iv'e broken down cars before whether it be because I dont' have a box big enough or because of the silly oversized surcharge most shipping companies apply to packages.

The option to either pay for shipping, split shipping costs, or accept ( if he had chosen) a hauler that needed assembly was never given to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.