AE Guy bad buyer

Old 06-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default AE Guy bad buyer

Ok this guy isnt replying what should I do? Is he just going to leave it there and keep using my car? he has his product and hes not replying or anything but I dont have my money because its being held... I constantly send him pms hes not replying to anything.

Last edited by ccuartas; 07-03-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:06 PM

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Well the one thing that I can say that he is right about is that rc you sold him is not an rc18t2 that is the rc18t (older version)....... As far as everything else its going to come down to your word against his......
Old 07-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ccuartas View Post
He expected something else and that is not my fault he got what he payed for and nothing was broken when it left here....

My terms and conditions were no returns.
Was the truck a T2? You clearly described it as such. If it was not a T2 then he DIDN'T get what he "payed" (sic) for. Doesn't matter a whit what your "terms and conditions were"...if you mis-represented the product (intentionally or not) you are in the wrong. Period.

Scottrik
Old 07-01-2011, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Was the truck a T2? You clearly described it as such. If it was not a T2 then he DIDN'T get what he "payed" (sic) for. Doesn't matter a whit what your "terms and conditions were"...if you mis-represented the product (intentionally or not) you are in the wrong. Period.

Scottrik
From the pics in his FS thread it is def. not a t2 but the older version..... I know I've owned both....... Also I can see where the buyer is talking about the battery slipping out, from the pics shown on his FS thread it looks like the chassis was cut or something that holds the battery in place from slipping out........ So if I were the buyer I would file a claim and get a refund especially since its an RC18T and not the T2.........
Old 07-01-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

I have to agree. Honestly, if the buyer is asking for $25 and that will be the end of the issues, refund him $25 and be done with it. He could (and has the right to) send it back and then you're out your shipping to start with, which was probably 11-15 if you sent it priority. Take your $14-$10 "hit" and be happy your buyer is being reasonable in only asking for $20.

I'd be really pissed if I was the buyer between the model and the chassis issue.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Im going to refund him $25 I guess it was my fault for not knowing rc18t and rc18t2 because I got it sold to me as a rc18t2..
Old 07-01-2011, 09:40 AM

I bought the car from a guy here and nver had one he posted it as a rc18t2 so I posted it as a rc18t2 and if you guys can tell by the pics that its not a t2 then he should have been able to tell. Ive never owned one of these I bought and never used it, I payed $135 and sold it to him $120 shipped and gave him free priority mail. I told him I will give $5 thats about it.
You said yourself you didn't know it was the older version, so why state that he should have known????????????????? Honestly if thats all your going to offer him as a refund, then like I stated before the buyer should just file a claim via paypal (hopefully he paid that way), and just get his money back.....
Old 07-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

I bought the car from a guy here and nver had one he posted it as a rc18t2 so I posted it as a rc18t2 and if you guys can tell by the pics that its not a t2 then he should have been able to tell. Ive never owned one of these I bought and never used it, I payed $135 and sold it to him $120 shipped and gave him free priority mail. I told him I will give $5 thats about it.
Not good enough sorry. I couldn't tell by the pics because I don't know much about them. But just because the person you got it from "got" you, doesn't make it right for you to get the next person. Sorry, I'm not a fan of "justification".

Please don't get defensive. You brought the guy out into the court of public opinion and now based on the facts, don't like what is being said. Sorry, but you're in the wrong on this one. It's not his fault that you were sold a misrepresented item. If anything, you should call out the person who sold it to you.

You should AT minimum pay for a new chassis so HIS BATTERIES AT LEAST STAY IN THE VEHICLE!! He paid you good money (yes $120 for that setup is good money) and got taken. At least make part of it right.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Whoa. that was some fast editing.

PS you just earned points as a seller. With only 2 rating, having a sale that shows you stood behind a "rough" deal is a help.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Good job on helping the guy out.

I can really appreciate people knowing what they're talking about on this forum. I've been looking for an RC8 to use as a parts car and it's pretty interesting how many are misrepresented. There is a pretty significant difference between an RC8 and an RC8B.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

still waiting for him to cancel dispute for I can refund him his $25 im at negative balance because he held is $120 so he has to cancel it for I can give him a refund.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

still waiting for him to cancel dispute for I can refund him his $25 im at negative balance because he held is $120 so he has to cancel it for I can give him a refund.
? If he cancells the dispute he has absolutely no chance of paypal helping him get his money back. Pay him the money back through paypal. Should you also be communicating with him and paypal? Maybe explain the situation to him.

You could just buy a new chassis and have it delivered to him... If you can even buy the V1 chassis anymore. That would be a nice gesture to keep good feedback.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by slashracer111 View Post
? If he cancells the dispute he has absolutely no chance of paypal helping him get his money back. Pay him the money back through paypal. Should you also be communicating with him and paypal? Maybe explain the situation to him.

You could just buy a new chassis and have it delivered to him... If you can even buy the V1 chassis anymore. That would be a nice gesture to keep good feedback.
The chassis wasnt broken and nethier is anything else he is saying except the model,I did put it as a rc18t2 and its a rc18t. Also Im going to refund his $25 from the money he gave me. Im posting all here and everything so why would I lie. He wants a $25 refund and ill give it to him. I even put it on paypal dispute, so if I try anything it will be there.

EDIT: he also has terrible communication Ive been trying to reach him since he disputed the payment no response at all and on top of that he says I have bad communications because I didnt reply to a pm until 4 hours after he sent it.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

He isnt replying to any of the pms going to 5 days now.