australia shipping...

Old 06-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 352 (100%+)
Default Lerryfish, where is this truck/shipping information.

Issue resolved. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails australia shipping...-fish3.jpg  

Last edited by flat6; 07-14-2015 at 07:30 AM. Reason: updated info
Old 06-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Earlier this year I made a trade with a member from Costa Rica, I am in Massachusetts. My item got to Costa Rica in 6 days, my tracking showed it and the other party confirmed it.
However... The other members item took about 11 days to make it to Customs in New York. It then sat in New York Customs for 31 days before it was released and then took another 3 days to arrive here.

It was surely a long wait but completely out of control of either party involved.

A few days after original item arrived, another deal was struck for more parts from the same person in Costa Rica..... I had high hopes the last time with Customs delay was a fluke or just misplaced or something.
NOPE... From the day he sent it, to the day it was at my door was 49 days.

Not sure of your location, but if you are anywhere near the East Coast I would guess your package from Australia will be sent to Customs in New York and be stuck there for most likely at least one full month.... Add possibly 5-7 days from Australia and another few days from Customs to your door.

Guessing no matter where you live in the USA your package will have to go through Customs.... Not sure if any other locations are faster, or if there is simply a month wait at all of them for all private transactoons/shipments that are not direct "Business to Business" dealings.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

I just noticed you posted you are in New York, sorry I missed it the first time reading it all. Uggggggh..... I fear you may be looking at the vicinity of 50 days +or-.
Did the other party provide you with any sorts of tracking?
Old 06-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info joe. i figured customs could lengthen the process but was unsure because this is my first international trade.

At this point i am just hoping he can provide some type of tracking info but he hasnt logged on in a week nor has he responded to any emails.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

how long do you guys think I should wait before calling someone out... ??

I have tried to PM the guy multiple times and he quit signing on after I sent the first one... (8 days ago)..

I've sent him 2 emails....

I tried to contact him through facebook and it appears that he blocked me.....

Just looking for a response at this point or possibly some tracking info...
Old 06-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)

Like Joe stated its a waiting thing on time most likely. I bought some parts from a guy in the UK. Im in Oregon, It took 7 days to get to US THEN 35 days to sit in Seattle Wa THEN 3 days to get to me.

The Ignoring you is another thing.. That isn't right at all. I think that it is long enough for you to say or do something with him. At least contact you or something, but to drop you is phishy
Old 06-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

I am guessing you both swap information before or during the trade?
It may be a fair expense to your phone bill but a cheap price for piece of mind..... Give him a call.

Never know.... He may have gone out on Walkabout with a Vegimite Sandwich!

Seriously though... If he has not logged in for 8 days , it may be as simple as that and not ignoring you. Check the frequency of his past posts. Some members use the forum item, incident specific and never log in otherwise. Meaning they will only be on for a time frame to find and buy, or advertise and sell. Now that his item is gone, he may not log in or even care about here for months possibly.

Drop you a ring-ring to the Land Down Under

As for how long?... Yes... Logically he should contact you
But my guess for your package arriving. ..... I think you said you shipped yours on the 9th of June?
Using that day... Chancing the possibly the other party was not as "prompt" for whatever reasons. So.... Add maybe even 3 days for possibly dragging his feet. Assume he shipped by the 12th.... Add aaaaaaa say 5-7 days for it to make it through the outback to get taken off the Kangaroo Island... You now may be at the 19th possibly. Add a day or so for delivery and then I am guessing the minimum wait in and US Customs seems to be 30-35 days..... So now you look at maybe around the 22nd of July... Now tack on another 3-4 days to make it through the normal USPS to your door.....
I think logically.... You could surely be looking at the last week of July to see your item/items.

Last edited by Joe_Dirt; 06-29-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

I hate to say it but trading with someone in a different country isnt the wisest option. Especially for a slash 4x4, its not like they are rare, millions of people have them in the U.S. I'm sure you could have found someone closer to trade with.
I mean if this guy decides to be a jerk and not hold up his end of the bargain, what can you do? Fly to Australia? Contact Interpol? Not likely and he knows that.

I would be very worried about the lack of communication on his end, has he responded to any of your e-mails/pm's since the 9th?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by flat6; 07-14-2015 at 07:31 AM. Reason: in contact with user.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I have found a lot of US traders have this assumption that foreign people have this ungodly control of the postal system, and that we somehow can make an item disappear just to spite you in an anti-american political statement type way. Australia's postal system is slow, VERY slow, it's quicker for me to buy a battery from Hong Kong than have it go from Sydney to Perth. Shipping to the US takes forever and we have to pay a $11 security surcharge on top of a high postage rate as apparantly the US deems everything from Australia a security risk.

If you're method of communicating is starting a thread, making accusations etc without adequate follow up and basically trying to start a witch hunt, I'm sorry but I wouldn't reply to you either.

Has he received your parcel?

Are you communicating politely or are you accusing him of screwing you (somehow I suspect the latter)

Having dealt with sports cards a number of years I can tell you a lot of US buyers (in that hobby) love to pay cheap shipping, receive an item then claim non-arrival and get their Paypal funds back. Hopefully it's not the same in RC but it's hard to say. Typically I find a parcel from Aus to the US takes 8-12 weeks to arrive, and that's sent air mail.

4 days in transit, 45-60 days in customs.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

WHOA.... Ride that Anti-American pony much?
Geeez :-/
All this guy has done is ask others about any experiences and thoughts about it.
He came across fine with his inquiry here, guessing he had at least the same tact with the other person in the deal.
NOT hearing back from the other person is worth worrying. Communication is key in any deal.

None of anything he has said sounds like a "witch hunt" like you mention.
Seems you surely have a sour taste for American trade by jumping to a comment like that or even more the "anti-American political" statement.

Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
I have found a lot of US traders have this assumption that foreign people have this ungodly control of the postal system, and that we somehow can make an item disappear just to spite you in an anti-american political statement type way. Australia's postal system is slow, VERY slow, it's quicker for me to buy a battery from Hong Kong than have it go from Sydney to Perth. Shipping to the US takes forever and we have to pay a $11 security surcharge on top of a high postage rate as apparantly the US deems everything from Australia a security risk.

If you're method of communicating is starting a thread, making accusations etc without adequate follow up and basically trying to start a witch hunt, I'm sorry but I wouldn't reply to you either.

Has he received your parcel?

Are you communicating politely or are you accusing him of screwing you (somehow I suspect the latter)

Having dealt with sports cards a number of years I can tell you a lot of US buyers (in that hobby) love to pay cheap shipping, receive an item then claim non-arrival and get their Paypal funds back. Hopefully it's not the same in RC but it's hard to say. Typically I find a parcel from Aus to the US takes 8-12 weeks to arrive, and that's sent air mail.

4 days in transit, 45-60 days in customs.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:50 PM

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe_Dirt View Post
WHOA.... Ride that Anti-American pony much?
Geeez :-/
All this guy has done is ask others about any experiences and thoughts about it.
He came across fine with his inquiry here, guessing he had at least the same tact with the other person in the deal.
NOT hearing back from the other person is worth worrying. Communication is key in any deal.

None of anything he has said sounds like a "witch hunt" like you mention.
Seems you surely have a sour taste for American trade by jumping to a comment like that or even more the "anti-American political" statement.
I agree completely, the OP and others on this thread never made it out to be about a "witch hunt" and to accuse the OP and others of this thread is just plain stupid and ridiculous....... He was simply just asking if anyone's had experience with doing a trade overseas, etc etc..... I would be worried as well if the trader has not responded in what seems to be several weeks now....... And yes its understandable that people have lives outside this forum and hobby, but if I made a trade deal I would continue to check on the status as well as the forum the deal was made on to see if there were any issue's......... So to say he was trying to blame foreigners and all your other accusations was simply uncalled for and has nothing to do with him questioning the trader or postal service, regardless of what country they are from.....
Old 07-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (80%+)
Default shipping

sounds like u got s----ed
Old 07-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Resolved

Last edited by flat6; 07-14-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

Good to hear you finally got ahold of him, but his "story" seems pretty lame.
Curious... If it's all bogus like he claims... What is his reason for sending you $40 by Pay-Pal?
Contact the USPS with any and all info and copies of what you have and file a "Mail Fraud" case on him.
Let him know ahead of time before you do it. If he has ANY sense at all, he will quickly remember the deal and makes things right.....
Mail Fraud is a FEDERAL OFFENSE and they will prosecute him.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.