CON MAN-Skywalker14

Old 06-26-2011, 06:50 AM
  #1  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (373)
 
peter george's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: queens ny
Posts: 9,537
Trader Rating: 373 (100%+)
Default CON MAN-Skywalker14

-this guy from north jersey ,he came to my house (I figured a local guy I could trust) traded me and gave me incomplete roller, took my lipo and now I am noticing that things are missing from the time he and his son came over.He wont call me back and his phone goes right into voice mail. I got screwed but you don't have to.

Last edited by peter george; 06-26-2011 at 06:04 PM.
peter george is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 02:10 PM
  #2  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (373)
 
peter george's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: queens ny
Posts: 9,537
Trader Rating: 373 (100%+)
Default

I went to the place he said he raced and they told me they had him on camera stealing someones stuff when the guy was racing. He is banned from going back. Thanks Critters for the info and the picture.

Last edited by peter george; 06-26-2011 at 06:04 PM.
peter george is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 02:54 PM
  #3  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ma
Posts: 237
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I am misunderstanding the issue.

You made a deal/trade OFF this forum

You seemingly must have had your eyes OPEN during the deal?
So i doubt you are complaining/commenting to the fact the roller you traded your single Lipo for is/was incomplete?

Sounds like you can not find a few items , but you have NO proof he is actually guilty, but you accuse him and his young son anyhow?

You say you went to his local hobby store and????
They just randomly mentioned they have him on camera?
Have you seen the mentioned video?
Repeating such information on mere "here-say" is serious issues of both slander and libel. Both carrying hefty price tags in the end.

If he did or did not do anything at his LHS... What direct bearing does it have to a feedback posted here beyond a vendetta?

I checked your posts a month+ backwards and unless I missed it, I could not find a deal struck on this forum to make your trade. Hence.... Why does it end up here in feedback for deals made on this forum?
Joe_Dirt is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 03:34 PM
  #4  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,330
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Joe, if his post are correct and truthful, which they seem to be to me. I for one would want to hear about it on this forum. If this guy is a thief at his own track and has gotten banned from there would you like to deal with him on this forum??

Obviously the OP talked to the LHS about his situation thus the video and theft was mentioned..

Everybody I know will agree with me that in this hobby if you're caught stealing you can expect to be black balled and have your actions brought to the attention of the rest of us.

Stealing in the R/C is the ultimate sin!!

that's my $.02 anyway
racer1812 is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 03:51 PM
  #5  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ma
Posts: 237
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Joe, if his post are correct and truthful, which they seem to be to me. I for one would want to hear about it on this forum. If this guy is a thief at his own track and has gotten banned from there would you like to deal with him on this forum??
Hear about it on the forum possibly. But if the deal wasn't even from a completed deal posted through here, then does it apply to the feedback section for deals posted and completed on here?

I also think if a person had proof of such serious allegations of being caught on video stealing... They would add a link or direct evidence. Written/typed and posted things like that are Libel and open to direct high priced law suits if not 100% to the letter truthful.

I just don't really understand the bad feedback even if it was a deal posted and completed here.
They met in person an completed the trade. Seems to merit a positive feedback?
There seems to be things missing, but no one was caught stealing anything.
I would think a LARGE number of members here have tainted backgrounds , provable or not, but does all that personal history randomly belong in the feedback section?

I hate a thief as much as anyone else, but I see nothing more then accusations and name calling. He has even gone so far as to post in the other member's for sale thread defaming him, calling him and his young son rude names and posting his complete personal information including his first and last name, his town, his state and his local hobby place/track.

I regress
Joe_Dirt is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 04:40 PM
  #6  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (373)
 
peter george's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: queens ny
Posts: 9,537
Trader Rating: 373 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Joe_Dirt View Post
I am misunderstanding the issue.

You made a deal/trade OFF this forum

You seemingly must have had your eyes OPEN during the deal?
So i doubt you are complaining/commenting to the fact the roller you traded your single Lipo for is/was incomplete?

Sounds like you can not find a few items , but you have NO proof he is actually guilty, but you accuse him and his young son anyhow?

You say you went to his local hobby store and????
They just randomly mentioned they have him on camera?
Have you seen the mentioned video?
Repeating such information on mere "here-say" is serious issues of both slander and libel. Both carrying hefty price tags in the end.

If he did or did not do anything at his LHS... What direct bearing does it have to a feedback posted here beyond a vendetta?

I checked your posts a month+ backwards and unless I missed it, I could not find a deal struck on this forum to make your trade. Hence.... Why does it end up here in feedback for deals made on this forum?
He told me races at a racetrack in North Jersey- I go there and they tell me he was trying to sell my stuff (they described it to me- They have banned him for stealing from a fellow racer-They have security cameras and they looked back when someone complained of missing stuff- What dont you understand.?

Last edited by peter george; 06-26-2011 at 06:05 PM.
peter george is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 04:45 PM
  #7  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (373)
 
peter george's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: queens ny
Posts: 9,537
Trader Rating: 373 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Joe_Dirt View Post
Hear about it on the forum possibly. But if the deal wasn't even from a completed deal posted through here, then does it apply to the feedback section for deals posted and completed on here?

I also think if a person had proof of such serious allegations of being caught on video stealing... They would add a link or direct evidence. Written/typed and posted things like that are Libel and open to direct high priced law suits if not 100% to the letter truthful.

I just don't really understand the bad feedback even if it was a deal posted and completed here.
They met in person an completed the trade. Seems to merit a positive feedback?
There seems to be things missing, but no one was caught stealing anything.
I would think a LARGE number of members here have tainted backgrounds , provable or not, but does all that personal history randomly belong in the feedback section?

I hate a thief as much as anyone else, but I see nothing more then accusations and name calling. He has even gone so far as to post in the other member's for sale thread defaming him, calling him and his young son rude names and posting his complete personal information including his first and last name, his town, his state and his local hobby place/track.

I regress
You obviously are not getting it.I did not post this so you can defend some alleged bad who stole from me. I dont know why u so eager to take the side of a con man , rather than a guy with almost 50 transactions under my name and all positive feedback.I have never had anyone complain about one thing I sold or traded. My reputation is crystal clear and everyone who knows me can tell you.

Last edited by peter george; 06-26-2011 at 06:06 PM.
peter george is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 05:27 PM
  #8  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (373)
 
peter george's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: queens ny
Posts: 9,537
Trader Rating: 373 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Joe_Dirt View Post
Hear about it on the forum possibly. But if the deal wasn't even from a completed deal posted through here, then does it apply to the feedback section for deals posted and completed on here?

I also think if a person had proof of such serious allegations of being caught on video stealing... They would add a link or direct evidence. Written/typed and posted things like that are Libel and open to direct high priced law suits if not 100% to the letter truthful.

I just don't really understand the bad feedback even if it was a deal posted and completed here.
They met in person an completed the trade. Seems to merit a positive feedback?
There seems to be things missing, but no one was caught stealing anything.
I would think a LARGE number of members here have tainted backgrounds , provable or not, but does all that personal history randomly belong in the feedback section?

I hate a thief as much as anyone else, but I see nothing more then accusations and name calling. He has even gone so far as to post in the other member's for sale thread defaming him, calling him and his young son rude names and posting his complete personal information including his first and last name, his town, his state and his local hobby place/track.

I regress
He posted a thread I answered it and figured that if it was a local guy ,it would be safe. So if you wanna see the thread ,just look under his posts. Its the one asking for a SC10 or his kid and wants it soon, he even asks for a local pick up. Yes it is partially my fault but the father and son worked as a team- one was distracting me while the other was picking up things looking at them. I should have thrown them both out when they started to talk to each other in short sentences in their language (even though they both spoke good English) - look dirt, I dont know what you are trying to prove but I got scammed and I am trying to warn others so the same does not happen to them. Its the right thing to do, this guy is bad for the hobby.

Last edited by peter george; 06-26-2011 at 06:07 PM.
peter george is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 05:44 PM
  #9  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ma
Posts: 237
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I guess it was more of a head's up in a legal sue happy world with Libel being one of the most common and easiest to prove cases going through the court system today. Stupid amounts of money being awarded for ridiculous things too.

The way you had it originally posted is a lot of opinions with no facts. If you have facts to prove it...that's even better, but unfortunately... if he is a thief and there just isn't a paper trail that shows it........ you may just be the next monthly payment for his new car or flat screen TV.

If he is a thief like you say.... he sounds like he's been at it for a while and surely knows the game. The Libel end of the game in court is more fruitful then the actual theft.

I have been ripped off before... I consider it usually a cheap price to pay to NEVER bump in to that person in my life again. 9 times out of 10 a thief will never want to show his face again.

Do you know if the Cricket Hobby place pressed formal charges with their video?
Joe_Dirt is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 06:16 PM
  #10  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (373)
 
peter george's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: queens ny
Posts: 9,537
Trader Rating: 373 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Joe_Dirt View Post
I guess it was more of a head's up in a legal sue happy world with Libel being one of the most common and easiest to prove cases going through the court system today. Stupid amounts of money being awarded for ridiculous things too.

The way you had it originally posted is a lot of opinions with no facts. If you have facts to prove it...that's even better, but unfortunately... if he is a thief and there just isn't a paper trail that shows it........ you may just be the next monthly payment for his new car or flat screen TV.

If he is a thief like you say.... he sounds like he's been at it for a while and surely knows the game. The Libel end of the game in court is more fruitful then the actual theft.

I have been ripped off before... I consider it usually a cheap price to pay to NEVER bump in to that person in my life again. 9 times out of 10 a thief will never want to show his face again.

Do you know if the Cricket Hobby place pressed formal charges with their video?
I see your point, it was a cheap price to pay and like I said earlier...I blame my self as well. I just don't want him to take anybody's stuff.Thank you for pointing out the rules that I was breaking.....I just was so mad that I forgot about the site rules. Every body that I have ever bought from, traded or sold something to has been proven to be top notch people. That is almost 50 transactions that I have been involved in that went super smooth. That is a testament to rc tech and its members. He will eventually get his, I am not planning any legal actions but God pays every body back.Thanks again buddy.
peter george is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 07:42 PM
  #11  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (39)
 
ibmenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 868
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Joe_Dirt View Post
Hear about it on the forum possibly. But if the deal wasn't even from a completed deal posted through here, then does it apply to the feedback section for deals posted and completed on here?

I also think if a person had proof of such serious allegations of being caught on video stealing... They would add a link or direct evidence. Written/typed and posted things like that are Libel and open to direct high priced law suits if not 100% to the letter truthful.

I just don't really understand the bad feedback even if it was a deal posted and completed here.
They met in person an completed the trade. Seems to merit a positive feedback?
There seems to be things missing, but no one was caught stealing anything.
I would think a LARGE number of members here have tainted backgrounds , provable or not, but does all that personal history randomly belong in the feedback section?

I hate a thief as much as anyone else, but I see nothing more then accusations and name calling. He has even gone so far as to post in the other member's for sale thread defaming him, calling him and his young son rude names and posting his complete personal information including his first and last name, his town, his state and his local hobby place/track.

I regress
Man something is bad wrong with you! You might want to keep your stupid comments and opinions to yourself for a while. I never post anything negative ever but you my friend have no business making comments on anything if it is similar to this crap.
ibmenace is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 08:49 PM
  #12  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (38)
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,631
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Peter is 100% a stand up guy, he would never just make stuff up..I look at it as a warning from a stand up guy..
Oasis is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 09:04 PM
  #13  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (39)
 
ibmenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 868
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

All the guy is trying to do is make others who may deal with the guy aware of his dealings. I for one appreciate the heads up.
ibmenace is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 09:44 PM
  #14  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (373)
 
peter george's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: queens ny
Posts: 9,537
Trader Rating: 373 (100%+)
Default

Thank you both for the kind words, I have received an infraction and I deserved it.I broke the sites rule. Joe Dirt does not mean any harm,he was just trying to warn me about getting reprimanded. My only intent was to warn others ,I did not intend to break the site rules.I have learned an expensive lesson and I will never forget it or repeat it.I always treated people in our hobby with much respect and trusted the people around me when at the track.Needles to say ,I have been treated with the same courtesy and respect from my fellow racers.I never had anything stolen before in about 20 years in this hobby. I always said to people that the saying : ''you meet the nicest people in our hobby'' is the most honest statement anyone can make. Ironically, I have traded and bought so many things on the rc tech want adds from other states and every single one of them was 100% a stand up person.The only time I deal with a local guy...I get taken. You gotta love the irony right?
peter george is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 10:16 PM
  #15  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (210)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,876
Trader Rating: 210 (100%+)
Default

no deal was made on rctech, if it happened in your area where you live then call the local police and reported.
Marcos.J is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.