R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   HELP.. buyer wants to ship back?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/524799-help-buyer-wants-ship-back.html)

jnelson214 06-19-2011 07:35 AM

HELP.. buyer wants to ship back??

OK, I sold a motor and it works fine and was in my buggy until the day I shipped it to him. He PM'd me and said the holes are stripped out and he cant mount it and wants to ship it back.... I know there was ONE hole that was stripped but that is why there are multiple mounting holes. It worked fine for me so WHAT DO I DO???? thanks

He could have damaged them and I just want to do the right thing...
:(

Graphite07 06-19-2011 07:56 AM

well did you offer money back grantee? or i offer refunds? or did you state sold as is no refunds? maybe offer him a Partial Refund?

i am in the Same Situation with a buyer on ebay. he told me my parts was not new and they was!!

tell him to ship back he pays shipping refund him simple and relist for sale.
or take the chance on a negative feedback and do not refund.did you mention the 1 HOLE was stripped out?

jnelson214 06-19-2011 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Graphite07 (Post 9275607)
well did you offer money back grantee? or i offer refunds? or did you state sold as is no refunds? maybe offer him a Partial Refund?

i am in the Same Situation with a buyer on ebay. he told me my parts was not new and they was!!

tell him to ship back he pays shipping refund him simple and relist for sale.
or take the chance on a negative feedback and do not refund.did you mention the 1 HOLE was stripped out?

I did not specify sold as is or I refund... I didnt think about it cuz it was working fine.. NO i did forget about the stripped hole until he said something about it... I did tell him I knew of the one after the fact.. Opps I suppose I will just refund it.... I am just not sure if he damaged it.

Graphite07 06-19-2011 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by jnelson214 (Post 9275620)
I did not specify sold as is or I refund... I didnt think about it cuz it was working fine.. NO i did forget about the stripped hole until he said something about it... I did tell him I knew of the one after the fact.. Opps I suppose I will just refund it.... I am just not sure if he damaged it.

problem is he might have done damage to the other mount holes now he wants a refund from you,and your stuck with someting you can not resell or use!! hard call on this one...

Good luck to you.

harry697 06-19-2011 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by jnelson214 (Post 9275620)

I would refund the money. Even though there are other mounting holes, I would be mad if someone sold me a motor with a stripped hole and didn't say anything. Depending on the motor and vehicle it's going in, it could possibly be un-usable. You gotta mention those kind of things when selling an item. Even though it worked fine for you damaged doesn't mean it will be fine for everyone else's application.

4wd _all_ day 06-19-2011 11:41 AM

i would have him ship back first inspect it and if their is multpile holes stripped"and u knowing their was only one" i would send them the motor back for all u know he was using the wrong thread screw

ilanstylz 06-19-2011 11:50 AM

I would ask him to take pics of the motor and if your being honest and there was only one stripped hole when you sent it to him, check and see if there is multiple stripped holes.....If there is, then its his fault for doing more damage, and he should of messaged you about the damage to the motor before he tried installing it possibly causing more damage......

harry697 06-19-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by 4wd _all_ day (Post 9276351)
i would have him ship back first inspect it and if their is multpile holes stripped"and u knowing their was only one" i would send them the motor back for all u know he was using the wrong thread screw

Normally I would say the same thing. But the fact that the seller admits knowing that a hole was stripped but didn't mention it makes me say that he should just refund the money no questions asked because he was not up front about his item in the first place. Like I said before, it may have been a non-issue to him but you never know how it's gonna effect the buyer. For example, I have a Tekin 1900kv in my RC8Be and it has four mounting holes. Problem is two of them are one sized thread while the other two are different sized. If one of the ones I needed happened to be stripped, that motor would be pretty much useless. Also, using different motor mount holes will change the location of the motor wires and can cause problems if your esc wires are short enough.

I would just refund the money and do what needed to be done to fix it right if I planned to try to sell it again.

MotoGod 06-19-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by harry697 (Post 9276479)
Normally I would say the same thing. But the fact that the seller admits knowing that a hole was stripped but didn't mention it makes me say that he should just refund the money no questions asked because he was not up front about his item in the first place. Like I said before, it may have been a non-issue to him but you never know how it's gonna effect the buyer. For example, I have a Tekin 1900kv in my RC8Be and it has four mounting holes. Problem is two of them are one sized thread while the other two are different sized. If one of the ones I needed happened to be stripped, that motor would be pretty much useless. Also, using different motor mount holes will change the location of the motor wires and can cause problems if your esc wires are short enough.

I would just refund the money and do what needed to be done to fix it right if I planned to try to sell it again.

I'm with Harry on this one....or in the very least offer him a partial refund for the oversight. Either way...I would make sure he's happy at the end of the day ;-) No harm, no foul really....just don't tell him "Too bad" and stick him with it and you should be fine.

ntrain42 06-20-2011 07:42 AM

Even if the motor runs perfectly, if you failed to mention one of the mounting threads was stripped, I believe he is due for a refund or at least something worked out. If your selling something used, you need to describe up front any/all imperfections or "issues" and you need to assume ALL BUYERS are anal and sticklers for the item description. So if you failed to mention one of the mounting holes were stripped originally, then the buyer has a valid case for wanting to return it. This is pretty much common sense.

The last used Item I sold here was an AE B44. I mentioned up front with multiple details that it came with 2 wings that were in rough shape with multiple cracks, and that the poly underbody was also in very rough shape from use, but still useable and provided MANY up close highly detailed pics of the item for sale so there would be no confusion or room for debate as to the items condition. As a seller selling something used you do have an obligation to do this to the best of your ability if you want to keep potential issues like the one your having now to a minimum.

fodonnel87 06-20-2011 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by harry697 (Post 9276479)

+1

marooko 06-20-2011 11:07 AM

I read as far as you not mentioning the one stripped hole.

Personally, I would ask for it to be shipped back at the buyers expense, then refund the money paid in full. This is based on not mentioning the one hole being stripped.