Should I be worried?

Old 06-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Should I be worried?

I bought a item on here last tuesday and he got the money order on thursday. He pmed me monday and said he got busy and could not ship it but would ship the next day. He has a paid subscription and has 81 100% feedbacks. I have sent him about 3 pms and he will not reply. Im not worried right now because I understand people get busy sometimes like I do myself. What should I do?

Thanks
Old 06-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

No one? How long should I wait?
Old 06-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default time

Well depending on where it is coming from it could be 2 to 7 days at least. This is my usual time when i get stuff
Old 06-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Yeah but it has been a week and he has not shipped and no communitcation since monday morning?
Old 06-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Default ?

So he mailed it last Tuesday supposedly?
Old 06-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Default ?

From what you said he didnt ship till this past Tuesday so its only Friday early morning so i wouldnt get to worried, but if he is a short distance from you i would.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rock333 View Post
From what you said he didnt ship till this past Tuesday so its only Friday early morning so i wouldnt get to worried, but if he is a short distance from you i would.
my first post is not as descriptive as I thought. He still has not shipped anything and it has been a week. Also I sent him a money order so if it is a scam the chances of me seeing my money again are slim to none!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Tech Master

Well that sucks i dont care how much feedback someone has, i only pay with Pay Pal, that way if something like this happens i get my money back, but with a money order you have his info so you can involve his local police department because i think it is considered mail fraud. So i would look into that.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Was it a postal money order. Then you can involve the cops and it's a major offense.

But yes, I'd be worried with no communication. It's not the busy side to it, it's the lack of communication.

Send him a PM that you're getting worried about the situation.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by bigblockt-maxx View Post
my first post is not as descriptive as I thought. He still has not shipped anything and it has been a week. Also I sent him a money order so if it is a scam the chances of me seeing my money again are slim to none!
might be time to call him out here! when a name is given and link to the forsale thread is posted here, they normally come out of the wood work and explain the situation, if he does not post here sticking up for himself, then its time to get worried, but would definitly give his name.

i found who it is, looks like the last time he was on here was the 7th. and he lives fairly close to you, cant see it takeing longer than 2 days to get to you no matter how its sent.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

So what should I do, I am not going to give his name just yet because I am still on the fence of whether it is a scam or not. If he doesnt reply by tomorrow evening then I will let everyone know. What should I do if he doesnt reply by tomorrow night? How do I involve his local police? I would love to see my money again or what I paid for!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Suspended

So what should I do, I am not going to give his name just yet because I am still on the fence of whether it is a scam or not. If he doesnt reply by tomorrow evening then I will let everyone know. What should I do if he doesnt reply by tomorrow night? How do I involve his local police? I would love to see my money again or what I paid for!!!
i would be mad also, but hang it out untill sunday night to see if he replys, something may have come up, he hasent been on since the 7th, if hes out of town, more than likely he will be back sunday night if he has to work monday.

was it a USPS moneyorder? i can see why you were not worried to send a MO, he has 81 positive feedbacks. if you dont hear anything by then throw me a PM and ill tell you the process, i just sued a guy from ebay a few months ago for a boat he bought, got my money and he was in jail for a few days...LOL guys flame people here for screwing them, i put them in jail...LMAO
Old 06-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hey bud, long time no chat. A guy on here had my batteries for I think a little over month. It was a completely different situation and I was okay with it, but it was definitely longer than I thought.

Things do come up, and sometimes they're out of ones control. I would also give him until next week. One thing I would do is see if he's been logging in and posting. Track these kinds of things. Dates PM'ed, sent, received and all that stuff. Make sure you get as many "facts" as you can.

Involving the police would mean you'd probably have to contact your local police department and his. This is where all the factual evidence will come in to play.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Suspended

dont need to contact police, go to courts and file a form, as long as you have his name and address you are good, it does cost 35.00 to file. atleast in michigan.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Nice. Didn't know that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service