Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
perez62682  scammer- PayPal trick learn from this >

perez62682 scammer- PayPal trick learn from this

perez62682 scammer- PayPal trick learn from this

Old 06-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default perez62682 scammer- PayPal trick learn from this

As you can see by my trader rating I have been at this a while and try to work out all of my deals so that it is a win win for both parties. However I was not able to work out my situation with perez62682. I would not want anyone else to be scammed by him.

This is a warning to others not to deal with:
perez62682
randy perez
3435 paseo ancho
carlsbad, CA 92009

After sending me "fresh" barcodes tires for $30.00 that were worn, gouged and one wheel was cracked and one partially stripped he gave me a PayPal refund in form of a payment. Which he disputed after I could no longer file a claim. This whole thing started in March and now is finally completed after I talked to Frank at PayPal who reversed the original ruling in my favor.

I have the pm's in the appendix of the letter I sent to PayPal with all of my information regarding the transaction. The appendix has all of the pm's with dates included so all I am going to just post the summary of the pm's.

The two lessons learned:
1. Do not accept payments instead of refunds on not as described items.
2. Call PayPal for disputes

Old 06-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

what some people will do for $30.00 Wow glad it worked out for ya.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That's ridiculous.... Regardless of the whole PayPal scam, it was a scam from start to finish! I'd have been pissed to receive such beat up wheels/tires described to be "fresh". This is why I won't buy anything sight unseen.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I live in the same area as him!!!!
He lives 5mins away too!!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

WOW and thank you for sharing. I have been with paypal for over 10 years and trading just as long on internet forums and In that time I have had to issue and receive refunds. I always use the issue refund link from the original payment but never thought of the ramifications of a refund being issued back as a payment. I just had a situation with some Lipo cells and the seller "refunded" me by making a payment to me. I never realized in paypals eyes I should be sending that person something for that payment and by not being able to do so he could actually file a claim against me
Old 06-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Not that its really much of my business but from even the messages yeah he lied about the tires conditions etc, still seems he tried to work with you multiple times on fixing the issue and send you money back and kept either asking for more or changing the price with some confusion in the process of when you asked for shipping in return.

Otherwise Glad it worked out I guess for you in the end but from what I see he was trying to work with you best he could without losing too much either other than shipping. I just lost $50 on a bad trade after the guy claimed to want to work with me but never did anything at all he claimed to want to do. So I can understand your frustration. Otherwise I've bought stuff from him in the past and he is a pretty good seller.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Damn, looks like they were "fresh" out of the garbage can........

At least you were able to get your refund, and luckier it wasn't a big ticket item.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:47 PM
MD.
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Boy I'm sorry to hear about that. I know Randy and he's been a straight shooter with local transactions. Honestly, prior to reading your post I would have vouched for him without question.

I read all your information and I do agree that 1. They were not as described and 2. You do deserve a full refund including shipping. It does appear that there was some miscommunication but you are in the right. I hope you are able to get a refund.

Getting ripped off really sucks!
Old 06-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

i dont even think i would keep those if they where donated to me......
Old 06-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Fresh?

man, I wonder who taught him the definition of fresh... cause those give me that "Not-so-fresh" feeling... haha what a bunch of work for 30$, glad to see you got a refund.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

glad PayPal got your money back. if you got your money back send back the tires to him. that's why i always ((ASK FOR PICTURES MORE THAN ONE)) i want side close ups and bottom and top and side. if th buyer says its new or barely used and say no need to provide pictures,you see from the current pic that shot from up in a tree or poor lighting. Time to say Good BYE to that deal. a honest seller will provide many pics to make the deal with the buyer. when i sell something the (BUYER) ask for pics i ask how many do you need/

but its a good ending for you.....
Old 06-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
i dont even think i would keep those if they where donated to me......
Thanks for the support. I may be racing with you this summer. My mother lives up north and I will be able to drop off the kids for her to watch.

I will shoot you a pm when I will be there.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Graphite07 View Post
glad PayPal got your money back. if you got your money back send back the tires to him. that's why i always ((ASK FOR PICTURES MORE THAN ONE)) i want side close ups and bottom and top and side. if th buyer says its new or barely used and say no need to provide pictures,you see from the current pic that shot from up in a tree or poor lighting. Time to say Good BYE to that deal. a honest seller will provide many pics to make the deal with the buyer. when i sell something the (BUYER) ask for pics i ask how many do you need/

I truly just got lazy and didn't ask for pics. I am used to 100% feedback and over 10 transactions being up front.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Graphite07 View Post

Yes it was, but like I said in my thread starter- if you are getting ripped off and have escalated the dispute to a claim- give them a call. That is the only thing that saved me as it was ruled against me until I called.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 100% not there for the moment

It hurts to see my trader rating go to 99%, but one of the mods said that he would take care of it soon.

Last edited by RCengineer; 06-06-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.