Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Does this look like "in good condition" >

Does this look like "in good condition"

Does this look like "in good condition"

Old 05-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Does this look like "in good condition"

Just wondering what you guys think..I bought this on this site and I don't think it's what I would call "in good condition"..2 parts of the insulation are broken and I'm not sure if it could cause a short, thought I would ask first..and if you buy a sensored motor new does it come with the sensor wire? And on top of this the motor I bought is worn out also..one bearing was shot and the magnet (center rotor) is weak..The person I got this stuff from has a bunch of great feedback and I'm not real sure just how I should handle this..

Old 05-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Ask for a refund. If he truly has that many good feedback he will give it to you and apologize. That's what I would do if it were me.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

im sure he does not want his feedback ruined for $20 and he will take care of it. also the way i read it is he was saying the other item was in good condition and he also has a 10.5 stator for sale.

but yes that thing is in bad shape and i bet he will take care of you

good luck with your transaction
Old 05-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I wouldn't consider that to be in good condition either and would be unhappy about the deal. Hopefully your seller is going to make this right and refund you.

Good luck, hope it works out that way.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by johnny boy View Post
im sure he does not want his feedback ruined for $20 and he will take care of it. also the way i read it is he was saying the other item was in good condition and he also has a 10.5 stator for sale.

but yes that thing is in bad shape and i bet he will take care of you

good luck with your transaction
The 17.5 did not seem to be in good condition either..I can spin the rotor very easy..like theirs no magnet strength..I don't have any Novak motors so I'm not sure if this is how they are..my Tekin motors are not like that..that's why I'm asking before I start asking for a refund..I'm not happy about the 10.5..because theirs no way you could think it was good..even if you got it from your "buddy"..
Old 05-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

I'm the one that sold the stuff. I don't want anyone to be unhappy with something they bought from me and told him I would give him a refund. After that I found this thread. I can completly understand him calling the stator junk now but when I shipped it it was NOT BROKEN. Not sayin he did it at all but I would have never bothered selling something like that. I wouldn't take the chance of ruining my perfect rating for$20. I will still give a full refund. As for the motor I ran it and it was a very fast motor and was unaware of a bearing issue. Again sorry that your unhappy and I will give a full refund no problem. I in no way intended to sell something that wasn't in good shape. The stator really gets me cause I can see why you called it junk now and agree. Please believe me when I say it was not like that when I mailed it. I am greatful he didn't bash me before hearing my side.
Thanks, Tom Crain
Old 05-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Also as for the novak 17.5 not having a strong magnet feel compared to your tekin. It has to do with tekin motors having a 12.5mm rotor and a novak only having a 12.3mm rotor. The rotor is further away from the stator so spins more freely. I can't explain what the purpose is but it creates more rpm. Hope this helps
Old 05-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well done tcrain
Old 05-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by tcrain View Post
Also as for the novak 17.5 not having a strong magnet feel compared to your tekin. It has to do with tekin motors having a 12.5mm rotor and a novak only having a 12.3mm rotor. The rotor is further away from the stator so spins more freely. I can't explain what the purpose is but it creates more rpm. Hope this helps
+1, the novak's are hard to tell just by the feel of the rotor spin, novak's have less resistance for better performance (so they say) but its normal.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I think Oasis should have contacted the seller and awaited a response before making a public thread about it. Plenty of net trolls about who like nothing more than a bit of bashing.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

I appreciate that but I don't feel he bashed me. It could have been resolved in pm's but then again he didn't mention my name in his post. I know how people can be so wanted to give my side before they looked who he bhas bought from. I understand his question as to the feel of the magnet of the novak compared to a tekin. I asked the same thing the first time I used a novak.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

You just went to the top of my "would be happy to buy from list" so hats off to you Tcrain. THAT'S what makes a good seller. I've sold a few things I thought were in at least ok shape but the buyer was unhappy with. Yet to meet someone who's perfect!
Old 05-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
I think Oasis should have contacted the seller and awaited a response before making a public thread about it. Plenty of net trolls about who like nothing more than a bit of bashing.
WTF..did I ever say anyone's name? So now I get bashed for asking questions..if you read what I had written you would have read me asking a question about the magnet strength being normal for a Novak..I don't have any 540 can Novak's so I was unsure..also I still don't remember trashing anyone or being a "troll" about it..I had a few questions that I was wondering about before I contacted the seller..I honestly would have preferred that the seller not posted in the thread for the reason that I was not trying to trash the guy..and just as I figured I'm now the bad guy because I had asked a "few questions" about a deal with a stand up seller..
Old 05-30-2011, 07:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)

Tom is a good firend/seller/trader, he will make it right.....Oasis is a good guy too.......all is well!

peace and cheers!

TW
Old 05-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Well handled by both parties IMO, very adult like-

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.