Help with feedback

Old 05-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)
Default Help with feedback

Hey guys, had a trade go sour with someone. before he comes on here and talks I would like to say I TAKE 100% OF THE BLAME. I didn't go over the car before i shipped like I normally do and there were a few screws missing here and there, about half of the tires I shipped to him were less than 30% tread (the other half is semi ok) I am done with the actual trade. The thing I am worried about is that he offered to keep the car and knock 50 bucks off the asking price of his car. I said no thanks I would rather get the car back, fix it up and give it to a really nice kid I met at the track. Here are our last few pms:

Him:
I'll tell you what, the only deal I'd consider right now is the following only and I won't really bargain after this:
I'll give you $50 for the roller as is with a pair of tires on it with foams front and rear and the bodies. I'll return the rest of your package, All the extra tires and motor that I can't/will not use. Estimated to get the buggy up and running is about $50 bucks easily and that's saying if the diff can use a rebuild kit and all fine and dandy but if it doesn't and it has to be replaced then it would be around the $70 range with new gaskets, o-rings, shock O-rings/rebuilds etc, idle gear, spur gear, diff gear since I haven't opened it to see what it really needs yet.

You buy the Blitz minus the $50 at $150 and pay full shipping for the Blitz + your extras or pick it up yourself in person with cash, I will ship them all in the same box but more weight equals more shipping costs. If Items paid for via paypal will be gifted only.

Let me know if this would work for you. Thanks!

If not I'll ship your buggy back out today or tomorrow.

Me: Honestly. I would rather redo the diffs and replace the screws and shock tower and give it to the little kid that always comes to my track and watches.

Him:

It wasn't honestly that bad of a deal at all considering you delivered a broken down buggy to me with worst than hand me down tires. I'd give you back the tires you said were worth $200 bucks and plus the motor, i'd just keep the chassis with the pair of tires on it that were decent.

Or is that you affirming your belief you knew you were delivering me a beatdown product? After I was delivering you a race quality truck? You offered to give for $180 last night and I mentioned $200 because of the intercept fee+original shipping. and I offer $50 for the roller considering its shape and money required to repair it and get it back to where it should be as far as just the diff and gaskets and fluids go. Like I said I don't think its a terrible offer plus you don't have to do the work and you get the Blitz you've been asking me for in the last 2 weeks almost.

Let me know. Thanks!

Me: Oh, your blitz sounds great. but like I said, I really only drove it about 5 times at the track and twice on the track at my friends house. I bought the car used as a b4 ft and put the b4.1 parts on it. I never bashed it, but it was my back up-back up (It was the car I used if both of my main cars broke) so I never really went through it. I definetly admit that yours is in much better condition that mine. But that is what you should expect from a car with 1-2 packs through it. I think you are right on the dot with everything price wise, but I think I would rather give it to this really nice kid at the track.

Him: I figured since you really didn't want I'd offer something for your "back up back up" with definitely more than 2 packs on it, more like 30-40 with no TLC but sure. Thanks for a lot of hassle and money spent for nothing! More so on your part since you failed to describe the item you were trading accurately and fairly that could of avoided this whole debacle in the first place! I'll be sending it back soon. Thanks!

As I said, It is completely my fault the trade went bad so i take the blame for that. BUT, I also offered to pay for the shipping and or send him the extra chassis and wings I forgot to send. As I told him, I would've happily compensated him for his lost time and money, but he left a negative. (I left a positive)
What do you guys think?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

sounds like retaliation to me. you realized your car wasn't up to par after he got it and you never 100% checked things out or cleaned before it was sent. you didn't say that in the sale but did when you pm'd the guy. you want to car back and such being you know u are wrong. right thing to do. from what i see, he is wanting money to fix a used car. not the thing to do in this case. u have good intentions. he is getting pissed becaused he is trying to scam u into a deal to guilt u because of your car isn't any good. right thing to do is get the car back with everything and him his back. make sure everything is accounted for with both cars. let this be a big lesson before you have this happen again. from what i read, i don't fell you were "scamming" him, u just screwed up and did really see what you had.....always know what u have!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

it has been 4 days since he said he would ship it back to me and still no mention at all of a tracking number and no contact at all. the guys username is lifeshifterX

Last edited by rcpro31; 05-30-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default I don't buy it.

Originally Posted by rcpro31 View Post
I didn't go over the car before i shipped like I normally do and there were a few screws missing here and there, about half of the tires I shipped to him were less than 30% tread (the other half is semi ok)
How can people live with themselves sending their ghetto crap to people. Ok, I can see you didn't go through it( I dont believe it, but can see it could be possible), but to not know the tires were less than 30%? Saying they were worth $200?

If you dont take care of your gear, dont try to pawn your problem off on someone else, it will go bad every time.

Flame me if you want to, but there is something to be said for people who can stand behind the fact that they dont sell junk.

OP, good luck with getting the issue worked out
Old 06-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by rcpro31 View Post
it has been 4 days since he said he would ship it back to me and still no mention at all of a tracking number and no contact at all. the guys username is lifeshifterX
<<Day you posted was memorial day. No UPS or USPS open that day

Yup and again as you failed to mention you would pay shipping in return for all the "hassle and trouble" and Still have not seen a paypal payment yet so here it waits and its your own fault.

Be cautious if your going to start flaming me in your post. When the real story gets out of your trying to trade me a complete bullshit broken down car and all the in between comes out your really not going to do business again here on RC Tech in all honesty I hope you never do with the complete BS you've posted here so far.

As I mentioned in his I-trader feedback he knew the buggy coming to me was broken down as he notified me the day it was to arrive that the diff was blown and needed to be rebuilt as it was NOT in functional order and did not send me the shock tower that he claimed he was going to instead he offers to pay for it after the fact I got it and realized there was no spare in the package and not to mention the tires again all of them but maybe 1 complete pair out of the 14 sets total were above 60% tread along with that he was missing 8 more pairs of tires that were originally included in the deal.

Simple said I sold my blitz locally and the day after I got it back ran it and had fun because my gf wanted to take the RC Learners class, a guy came to the track to check it out. My pinion got loose and stripped the spur gear when I put the electronics back in and ran it so I replaced the spur gear in the truck and put an extra just for good measure when he bought it and cleaned it all up for him before he took it. That's how you do business in my opinion so people can trust what you do. The guy that bought it from me was more than happy with my honesty on the truck and how I cleaned everything up down to the tires and body that got dirty that day I ran it.

Last edited by LifeshifterX; 06-01-2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: edit for making sure he knew monday was memorial day
Old 06-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Oh wait!!! I forgot the Best part of the whole thing!!

I offered to drive up to meet him twice either in between or I'd make time to come all the way up since considering he lives only about 2 hours away give or take for traffic and he declined both times with no offer to make any other time to meet and show each other the stuff instead of dealing with all the messages and shipping and all that bullshit. Instead he'd rather be an internet gangster and claim he was the victim in it all by this post. Sorry no juice on that one buddy. I don't feel sorry for you in the least bit and yes as the first guy mentioned retaliation but I was also trying to avoid spending anymore money on this guy since he screwed me from the get go and he knew it.

Sound suspicious to anyone?
Old 06-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Initiate

This lifeshifter guy sounds like a complete idiot by his posts, he has 2 trader rating, one from rcpro, he is inexpirenced and does not know a good trade when he sees one, a b4.1 for a blitz rtr? Wow
Old 06-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scpro69 View Post
This lifeshifter guy sounds like a complete idiot by his posts, he has 2 trader rating, one from rcpro, he is inexpirenced and does not know a good trade when he sees one, a b4.1 for a blitz rtr? Wow
It was not a b4.1 in the first place it was a stock rtr b4 not a 4.1, Blitz had over $200 in upgrades with RPM all around, Proline Shocks and a bunch of parts and tires that were all near NEW condition. Please feel free to pay attention k thx
Old 06-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scpro69 View Post

Btw anyone see a similarity to the screen names and when this guys account was created? hmm......seems awful suspicious
Old 06-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

why would i make a new account to make one post to bash you? also, we can have a mod check the IP address to show it is completely different.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

whats done is done, let this be a lesson to both parties and lets get on with our lives.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shinjari View Post
whats done is done, let this be a lesson to both parties and lets get on with our lives.
Hallehuah brother
Old 06-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

each party needs to pay to send what they have back. if either is waiting for the other to pay, well then so be it. then your stuck with what u have.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LifeshifterX View Post
Btw anyone see a similarity to the screen names and when this guys account was created? hmm......seems awful suspicious
Yup. Definitely the same guy. And not too bright either. Sorry to hear you had to deal with this J.O.

If you doubt they're the same person, just check a few of their posts. Both guys run the same car, esc, motor, etc. Plus, he's not very creative with his user names.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Sent back the buggy anyways and he still never paid for shipping. Sadly enough this left a sour taste in my mouth. Would never suggest anyone dealing with again unless possibly under the protection of Paypal or in Person. even then thats a stretch

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service