Wiki Posts
Search

Master XXX-S / Troy Speers???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default Master XXX-S / Troy Speers???

Has everyone cleared up the Troy Speers issue form the RC Touring site. I remember this name being plastered all over the site for bad trades etc...... He now has the name Master XXX-S and I am reluctant to trade or send him cash for any of his stuff. Any feed back is a plus!!!
Old 09-14-2001, 11:52 PM
Tech Regular

Troy Speer STILL OWES ME $275 from over a YEAR AGO........he has NEVER made good on it.....

Yes, he FINALLY emailed me........but has NEVER made good on the 275.

Troy.......are you EVER going to stand up to the deal that you made and send my back the cash?

On another note, why do the MODERATORS of this site CONTINUE to let people like this operate on this board?
Old 09-15-2001, 09:19 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

acloco - If you wish to submit a compliant, talk to futureal.

I don't know what happened, due to the fact that this happened approx. the same time i joined RCTouring, but i hope you two can resolve it.
Old 09-16-2001, 02:00 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by acloco
On another note, why do the MODERATORS of this site CONTINUE to let people like this operate on this board?
Well, I guess we let them operate because this site has only existed for about 3 weeks, and I have never had anybody submit a "bad trader" complaint before. All I have seen from Master XXX-S are a few "For Sale" posts and a bunch of bashing on him.

I vaguely remember the Troy Speers debacle from the old site though I don't know the particulars. Can it be proven that this is the same guy? If so, has he ever promised to make up his past mistakes to anybody?

I certainly don't want to see people get ripped off on here.
Old 09-16-2001, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

I complained on the last incarnation of this site and he continued to show up there.........

I have the paypal transaction and ALL of his emails, including his latest.

....and to date.......no cash has been returned.

I contacted the detective in Nebraska and never heard back from them.

Next time he surfaces, he is living in Texas.
Old 09-16-2001, 12:08 PM
R/C Tech Founder

As I have posted many, many times, I was not involved in the administration of RCtouring. Any complaints that may have been filed or any problems that may have existed with that site did not carry over here, simply because I am not aware of them.

This is a different site than RCtouring, owned and operated by different people, with no records or anything else remaining from RCtouring. Everything that was RCtouring vanished into digital oblivion (as far as we can tell).

How did you guys find out that this Master XXX-S person is the same one?
Old 09-16-2001, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

He has the same handle on here is the first pointer.......and.....somebody else asked in the trader thread about him.
Old 09-17-2001, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

I received a e-mail from him and know for a fact that Troy Speers is Master-XXXS or whatever... Glad I have not done a deal with him and I will not until I see that "acloco" gets paid.... Thanks for the info on this character!

Dan

BTW,

His Address is :

Troy Speer
22705 Rifle Ridge Terrace
Elkhorn,NE 68022

Maybe the authorities can now be involved!!

Last edited by dan-o; 09-17-2001 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-17-2001, 11:06 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I have since received a threatening email from this guy regarding his address being posted here. I don't normally want to see peoples' addresses posted, but given the fact that there is (in my opinion) a considerable amount of money lost to this guy, I'd rather see acloco and others get their money returned to them.

Hopefully everything can get resolved.

Note to Master XXX-S if you're reading this: I find it interesting that you are silently watching these guys talk about how you ripped them off, and yet the minute your address is posted here you threaten ME with legal action.
Old 09-17-2001, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Hopefully these folks can get their money back!!!

Troy, your comments are welcome!!! I am glad you did not get a chance to rip me off!!!
Old 09-18-2001, 03:41 PM

I wonder how many times he has sold that Mellienium Charger.
I know I bought it once last year... never got it
There are others out there besides Acloco and myself that he
has burned. Looks like Troy was in Texas for awhile. And has since moved to Nebraska.
Old 09-21-2001, 02:35 AM
Tech Rookie

It's a shame the R/C community has to deal with people like this.
Old 10-02-2001, 09:55 AM
Tech Rookie

I was in the process of doing a deal w/ Troy when I found this thread. I asked him about it with no real answer. I offered to complete the deal if he shipped his car COD and never heard from him. Thanks for saving me $150!

For those of you who he owes money to, I do know that he was moving from the address below, but I don't know the new one.

Matt
Old 03-07-2002, 09:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Looks like this guy is up to no good on the radiocontrolzone.com forums. He is using "OUTofCONTROL" as a handle. He is selling the exact same stuff he did here. He has already got a couple of us claiming he is out of town and he will have his wife check on things.

Wish I had come across this thread earlier

Thanks
CS