R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Anybody else find this to be true? Im sorry for the rant... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/514032-anybody-else-find-true-im-sorry-rant.html)

turb06le240 05-16-2011 03:54 PM

Anybody else find this to be true? Im sorry for the rant...

OK, I know this may not be the place for this post but it has to be said....
When I sell something I will....
A -give an accurate and reliable description with a modest amount of background information {if it is previously used}, of the product being sold...
B -Tell potential buyers with some degree of range how soon after payment the item would be shipped....
C -Price {heres a big one but not as important as the others, because if your item is improperly priced you either wont sell it or will sell it too cheap so you only hurt yourself with this one} Price the item according to
1-demand {if you are selling an ESC that is out of stock everywhere and everyone wants one, you may want to charge full price for a used one or 5% more for a new one}.
2 & 3-condition and cost {if you have a new item you bought yesterday and will suplly the receipt to the buyer so that can take advantage of the warranty, than you may want to find the cheapest online seller of the item and take away 2-5%, on the other hand if you have a used ESC that you say has 3 races on it, and is available at tower for $80 {after the coupons, because we all use them, a good way to figure out the coupons is take away 15% for orders under 300 and $50 off anything over} Well your $80 ESC is now worth around $60 so dont list it on here for $77 because no one in there rite mind is going to take the risk of not receiving it from an unknown seller, getting a broken part, ect for $3.....

Ok now the last thing I have to say is about HONESTY...
If you are selling a truck that is all rusty and you made makeshift parts to put it together, and needs $50 of parts to be drivable, say that, dont be shy, tell exactly how the truck is, because someone will pay you with paypal and simply take back there payment, {its not as hard as you would think, they can either contact paypal or there credit card company, either way its a pain in the @$$ for everyone involved, mush easier to tell the truth}....

OK Im done, this isnt directed towards anyone individually or anything like that, but I have had my share of experiences on here and I will say so far there about 50/50 which shouldnt be the case 1 bad experience out of 10 wouldnt be terrible but 5 out of 10 leaves a lot of room for improvement...

Lostinkorea 05-16-2011 04:00 PM

+1 pics should be detailed as well.

LIK

SCTRacerX 05-16-2011 04:05 PM

5 of out of 10 and you have 3 feedbacks?

turb06le240 05-16-2011 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX (Post 9120890)
5 of out of 10 and you have 3 feedbacks?

Yes sir, like I said Im not naming names here, and Im in the process of getting 3 things worked out, but I dont want negative feedback so not leaving it is the only way not to get it in retaliation.... I have sold at least 7 items on here and have bought 12... Not everyone leaves feedback and I never ask for it.. I have almost 1000 positves on ebay and have sold way more than 1000 items, as well as bought hundreds...
I bought 3 today alone..
T4, mamba monster, and a tekin esc...

SuperEk4 05-16-2011 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by turb06le240 (Post 9120917)
Yes sir, like I said Im not naming names here, and Im in the process of getting 3 things worked out, but I dont want negative feedback so not leaving it is the only way not to get it in retaliation.... I have sold at least 7 items on here and have bought 12... Not everyone leaves feedback and I never ask for it.. I have almost 1000 positves on ebay and have sold way more than 1000 items, as well as bought hundreds...
I bought 3 today alone..

Always buy from seller with plenty of + trader points n u will be safe. Buy n sell or trade theres alway risk.

Always ask for pics. I prefer buying at rctech that eBay.

DiZzYNaTiOn 05-16-2011 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by turb06le240 (Post 9120917)
I bought 3 today alone..

I always remind people to leave feedback after item is received, its not that big of a deal buddy.

*EDIT* and no this is not the place to post this.

portyansky 05-16-2011 05:05 PM

If you wanna rant about anything, it should be whats the big deal about shipping to Canada when the shipping is paid for. The one I love is, $250 shipped, then you want them to ship to Canada and without looking they will say.... its $50 to ship to Canada, so they want $300 to Canada, but they dont factor in the $20 the they were including in the price shipping within USA. Anyway, not a big deal to ship to Canada people!

andyisfat 05-16-2011 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by portyansky (Post 9121190)
If you wanna rant about anything, it should be whats the big deal about shipping to Canada when the shipping is paid for. The one I love is, $250 shipped, then you want them to ship to Canada and without looking they will say.... its $50 to ship to Canada, so they want $300 to Canada, but they dont factor in the $20 the they were including in the price shipping within USA. Anyway, not a big deal to ship to Canada people!

+1 on that

turb06le240 05-16-2011 05:07 PM

Maybe this should be a sticky rant...
I will ship anywhere, I dont see what the big deal is, but some poeple do there labels online and Im not sure if you can do the customs form online, so that could be inconvenient but still manageable...

cbrociuos 05-16-2011 05:24 PM

a lot of people dont ship to canada because you cant get a delivery conf. out of the usa and the person on the other end can say they never got it and have paypal pull their funds back out of your acct.

OUTCAST 05-16-2011 05:31 PM

+1

i don't ship to canada because no one want to pay the honest amount of the custom fees. if i put that my 400.00 dollar truck is a than i can't claim anything if it gets lost.

squarehead 05-16-2011 06:41 PM

Great thread.

Here are a couple of random point I have about online sales, specifically here on forums, in no particular order:

• Don't send ANY money via PayPal to someone you don't know using the PayPal "Gift" feature. It is not a sales transaction, and it is not a guaranteed deal as far as PayPal is concerned. If the seller screws you, you WILL NOT get your money back from PayPal. You are literally giving them money, and it doesn't even give you an address in the transaction records. BEWARE anyone requesting "Gift" payments.
  • It is against PayPal rules to blatantly ask the buyer to cover PayPal fees. The seller can lose their selling account by doing so. Don't agree to pay the fees. Sellers should take that into account when pricing their item. Current selling fees are 2.9% + 30¢ (under $3k) and if they can't figure out the cost of doing business on the internet—screw 'em.
  • International sales can be a hassle because of the hoops needed to jump through for Americans producing customs documents. Online, it's possible, but the software from the USPS and PayPal doesn't even work properly on a Mac. In many instances, it's not worth a seller's time to sell internationally if they have to wait in line at the Post Office just to ship to the other side of the world.
  • Don't lie on the value of an item if you do ship internationally, just to save the buyer customs fees. If something happens and the shipment is damaged or lost, the replacement value is directly related to the price you listed on the customs forms. If you listed a $500 item as only worth $10, guess what you get if it gets lost?
  • Sellers who don't post photos that are large enough to see details and in focus obviously don't want to sell their items. Don't buy from them if they can't take the time to post legible photos!
  • Be careful buying from people who just registered, have low post counts or have ZERO feedback. $20 off of a car that looks too good to be true probably is.
  • Sellers who don't post prices are fishing. They would be better off selling on eBay and letting the market dictate the price, but they are too cheap and lazy to list the auction themselves.
  • Shipping larger items via USPP had gotten increasingly costly in the last year. Any box dimension over 12" now makes it a "large" package and jacks the costs up drastically. Sending a Lexan body via the Post Office can cost $20 or more, which is insane. Use FedEx or UPS Ground for the best rates on larger packages.

Hope some of these tips help buyers and sellers here on the forums. It's easy to sell and be a good seller—it's easier to screw it up and get a bad reputation for being a loser to deal with.

doug

turb06le240 05-26-2011 12:28 PM

OK, here is a new issue, I currently am dealing with 3 issues total from trading on this forum....
I sent a guy 115 for a t4, on the 15th, he said he would ship it with in 3 days, after a week I pmed him and he said he didnt have the money to ship it, so I said fine just stay in contact with me. Since then he hasnt gotten back to me, its been almost 2 weeks since I paid.... Then another rctech user was nice enough to pm me and et me know the guy is trying to buy a knife on some other forum, I found this funny because he told me it was either ship my item or pay his electrical bill , and he had a crappy job with 3 kids to feed....

quote from his pm---i have 3 kids and barley a reliable job ,its alot of a money issue. i have to ship out the hpi vorza i sold right before the t4 and he is not being too understanding, i understand though its 400 dollars its just hard to guarantee people you are not going to rip them off. i just packed the cars up and am heading to the po i hope i have enough to get them both out ,that vorza is big and HEAVY. i will get you your truck, im not ripping you off i swear on my kids youll get it. just having hard times this month, i didnt want to sell either but it was rc cars or electric so i decided to keep my electric on.

And here is his post from the knife forum... Note he said paypal waiting!!!! His last activity on that forum was this morning..
http://www.daltonforums.com/showthread.php?t=2204

I filed a paypal claim and now I dont even want the truck, just my money back....
Why do people do this stuff..

I have another kid {if I new he was 16 I wouldnt have dealt with him}, that sold me a junk radio, screen broken rx case missing side piece {but the rx worked} for $75, I emailed him when I received it and he kind of had the "your sh!t out of luck" attitude, so I told hm I can start a paypal claim and he said he would try to figure something out, and he had NO money to pay me back.... So he offered a set of used buggy tires, just to be done with the entire situation I said fine, he never sent them, and never answered my emails or texts, so I started a paypal dispute, then he miraculously found my texts and replied to them, so I said just refund me $30 {so its like I paid $45 for the rx}, he said OK, then the next day says he will if I stop the dispute {but once you stop you cant reopen} so I declined, again he wouldnt reply, so I started a claim... Paypal ruled for me to ship the items back and then they will refund me, so I did, I shipped back with tracking... I few days later it arrives, a couple days after that he texts me and says the box was empty!!! So now paypal is investigating it, which he screwed himself because it was weighed when I shipped it.... But anyway this is what Im up against... Now Im out the 75 and 12 to ship it back and got nothing but pissed off..

KDM 05-26-2011 12:40 PM

Yeah I love it when they ask full price or over for something used "3 to 5 times"

dkordinate 05-26-2011 12:41 PM

Sticky this! It will help new buyers and sellers go through a safe transaction