Advice

Old 05-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Unhappy Advice

So i bought a ton of crap this past week. It all seems perfectly good except one used mamba monster esc. It had electrical tape around the bottom side like it was being protected from dust or moisture or something and it didn't supply power to the motor in any scenario. I tried everything. So I emailed the guy, pmed him and left msgs on his thread when I saw him online yesterday. I got no response. He recently pmed me back and stated he wasn't the only one online and must have saved login here while not using his pc? He also stated this esc must not have been his since he had no knowledge of having electrical tape on it and it must have been someone elses I purchased from ( the other one i bought was in its own esc box and brand new ). He asked me to try a different receiver, in which 3 did the same exact thing all lighting up as they appeared to work but had no power to the motors.

What now? Hes pretty dang arrogant.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Paypal dispute.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I would dispute it also....he sounds like a douche bag.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

perhaps your right. Ive given him one last chance to refund before i send it back stating I bought it broken now he needs to buy it back before i give it away fior repair and pay shipping. I dont wish to be burnt twice. He didnt want to do this a min ago. I guess we'll see.

5 Races on it my butt.

Last edited by Segfault; 05-07-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
perhaps your right. Ive given him one last chance to refund before i send it back stating I bought it broken now he needs to buy it back before i give it away fior repair and pay shipping. I dont wish to be burnt twice. He didnt want to do this a min ago. I guess we'll see.

5 Races on it my butt.
IF I read this right, don't send anything back untill you get a refund, from him or Paypal..
Old 05-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Yeah I saw his ad and it looked like it was ran a lot..... File and once you receive pp back then send back that esc (SLOW mail with Tracking as proof) and tell him to shove it where the sun dont shine

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...50-system.html

Also the new v3 combos do not come like that... the esc/link is in foam and the motor is in a little box..... no cable is included in the newer combos
Old 05-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Hes not responding now. I think paypal will require me to send back with confirmation before they refund. This is a nightmare. If the price is too good to be true, it probably is!

Actually Im wondering what 5 races he did on it. Looks like it ran about 50 or more races 3 years ago. when i removed the tape I discovered the bottom had been off before because one of the tabs was broken off or missing. I investigated furthor and seen the bottom had actually been coroded a bit, but hadnt effected the IC's. I checked it out with castle link and all appeared ok, until power was applied and the motor and my 2000kv motor i purchased earlier that week didnt work with it. My new MMM esc I got with the 2000kv and his 2650kv all worked though. at any rate, I wondered when i seen the reciept in the box shipped with it if I had a problem to come. It had no date on it from West Coast R/C Raceway. 15905 Canary Avenue. Total on the receipt is 323.20... Thanks for the receipt. What a deal on a broken ESC and 2650KV Motor!
Old 05-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah like his beat to crap lipos with 10 races on them....lol Anyway look at your pm. Make sure you take pictures for paypal also
Old 05-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

I know if I leave feedback on this guy and cut my losses using paypal, send in the rc esc and wait for a refund he will just leave negative feedback on me and stall on the refund while there isn't anything in his account. I've been down this road before. eBay disputs suck. It's referred to as Feedback Hijacking i guess.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Well I dont know what you are talking about not responding because I have every time you sent me a PM. I offered to buy back the item as well as refund the shipping but you decided it was not good enough. What more do you want? I have had around 40 transactions on this site and you are the first person who has had such a compliant. The item I sent you I tested before I sent it.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

somebody is full of it, we'll just have to wait and see who...pretty sure if I would have offered to buy it back and pay shipping the OP would have been happy, I know I would be ok with that...
Old 05-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

Im eating it. dropped and sent feedback.
Where im from people who make a mistake treat them the same way in reverse. I paid for it and waited to get it. Now I wanted the same treatment. Its over, forgotten. too much of a headache. paypal woulda asked for the same thing anyhow while putting his funds in limbo, so if its right to do what hes asking, in the future I guess I'll tell someone the very same thing. Sorry, pay again to ship back and i might refund you if i find anything i see fit wrong with it like I didnt see in the first place, else you (me the buyer) broke it. Whatever.

Its over and flaming isnt my thing. Im new and as such im appearently not a victim.

please close the thread.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

^^^^^^
Old 05-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
Hes not responding now. I think paypal will require me to send back with confirmation before they refund. This is a nightmare. If the price is too good to be true, it probably is!

Actually Im wondering what 5 races he did on it. Looks like it ran about 50 or more races 3 years ago. when i removed the tape I discovered the bottom had been off before because one of the tabs was broken off or missing. I investigated furthor and seen the bottom had actually been coroded a bit, but hadnt effected the IC's. I checked it out with castle link and all appeared ok, until power was applied and the motor and my 2000kv motor i purchased earlier that week didnt work with it. My new MMM esc I got with the 2000kv and his 2650kv all worked though. at any rate, I wondered when i seen the reciept in the box shipped with it if I had a problem to come. It had no date on it from West Coast R/C Raceway. 15905 Canary Avenue. Total on the receipt is 323.20... Thanks for the receipt. What a deal on a broken ESC and 2650KV Motor!
So now you think it is right to sell this system to someone else? Just file the paypal against the guy get your money back send him his junk and dont pass the junk to someone else, thats just wrong!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...0kv-combo.html
Old 05-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

As I figured I would be hijacked so heres the gettup as I told the previous seller.
Today I ewas discouraged. I reopened it before dumping it in the garbage. I found that the last capacitor on the outside edge inside the bottom wasnt properly connected. We both asume it was prolly dropkicked by the postal guy or something because he stated multiple times it worked before he sold it to me. Regardless Its now supplying voltage to the motor and works flawlessly and performs tests fine with the castle link. I think before people asume things maybe we should have a chat first.

Fixed, now im reselling cause it was a steal and its what I had hoped to do before.

Im posting a working video right now to clear up any more disruptions.
Thanks for the concern though, its appreciated. I wouldnt sell this broken passing it off as working. Its not me.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Segfault; 05-08-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.