GroundHawg1979 Do Not Trust

Old 05-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default GroundHawg1979 Do Not Trust

Got a motor from him, said it had a NEW p/s/r. It does not, it has been pinched. Does not stand behind his sales.

Admitted to me that he did not verify that the parts were new, got them from a "good friend" and sold it anyway.

Like A Dumb Arse, I did not totally check out the motor before i left him positive feedback.

Scott

Last edited by sdphilips; 05-01-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well sorry to hear that.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

He didn't bother to say that the transaction was on feb the 12th and told me that as soon as he cracked it open he would leave feedback 2 days later I get positive feedback. I got this from a friend and he said he put a new p/s/r in it and he is a big perfectionist so I didn't look at it called him lastnight and he swore he did put it in . I'm thinking you ran the motor and you should not be trusted . You just don't leave positive feedback then 3 months later email the guy saying you have problems I mean come on that's just wrong dude
Old 05-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

sdphilips....sounds fishy to me man. Granted, the engine should have been cracked open to verify it was new....but if this came from one of my trusted friends...I probably would not crack it open either to be perfectly honest. 3 months between buying the engine...and stating he ripped you off sounds off to me though man. I realize that life happens and all....but if you buy an engine off rctech the very first thing you do is crack it open and inspect it. If it's not as advertised....you send it back. That's the way it works. Engines are the WORST thing to buy used....and everyone that knows this has been taken for a ride on a used engine at some point.

So I think at this point....you're SoL my man. 3 months is too long to come back to the seller and say "Hey I call foul!". You should have done that within the first week you got it into your possession.

I know it sucks....and if it's true....it sucks more, but too much time has passed now. It looks like you ran it and either didn't like it.....or broke something and now you want the seller to help you. Again...this is just perception and may or may not be true.

Just my $0.02....
Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MotoGod View Post
sdphilips....sounds fishy to me man. Granted, the engine should have been cracked open to verify it was new....but if this came from one of my trusted friends...I probably would not crack it open either to be perfectly honest. 3 months between buying the engine...and stating he ripped you off sounds off to me though man. I realize that life happens and all....but if you buy an engine off rctech the very first thing you do is crack it open and inspect it. If it's not as advertised....you send it back. That's the way it works. Engines are the WORST thing to buy used....and everyone that knows this has been taken for a ride on a used engine at some point.

So I think at this point....you're SoL my man. 3 months is too long to come back to the seller and say "Hey I call foul!". You should have done that within the first week you got it into your possession.

I know it sucks....and if it's true....it sucks more, but too much time has passed now. It looks like you ran it and either didn't like it.....or broke something and now you want the seller to help you. Again...this is just perception and may or may not be true.

Just my $0.02....
x2 3 month is a little long
Old 05-11-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by groundhawg1979 View Post
He didn't bother to say that the transaction was on feb the 12th and told me that as soon as he cracked it open he would leave feedback 2 days later I get positive feedback. I got this from a friend and he said he put a new p/s/r in it and he is a big perfectionist so I didn't look at it called him lastnight and he swore he did put it in . I'm thinking you ran the motor and you should not be trusted . You just don't leave positive feedback then 3 months later email the guy saying you have problems I mean come on that's just wrong dude

You are correct, 3 months is a long time. I live in western nebraska, it is cold here in the winter, i would not try to break in a new P/S/R when it is cold. I did not run the motor. I am guilty of this, not totally checking out the motor before leaving feedback and trusting you. I will take pictures of the P/S/R and post them in this thread. I am a grown man, not some kid trying to scam someone.

Scott
Old 05-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

GroundHawg1979 Do Not Trust-img_3385.jpg

GroundHawg1979 Do Not Trust-img_3388.jpg

GroundHawg1979 Do Not Trust-img_3381.jpg

GroundHawg1979 Do Not Trust-img_3382.jpg

pictures are worth a thousand words. brand new FMS P/S/R shown for comparison.

you can barely read where it says novarossi on the sleeve and look at the discoloration on the sleeve. No way it is new.

How can you tell me that i am lying and have run the motor when you told me you NEVER even checked it out before you sent it? Again, i screwed up by leaving you feedback before i completely tore this motor apart.

Scott
Old 05-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Just my $0.02....
I have been running nitro RC for over 20 years.

I am a grown man, with a family and i own my own business. I stand behind what i sell, i do NOT lie. I live in nebraska, heart of this country, where people do what they say and say what they mean. if i had run this motor, would the cross hatching still be in the sleeve? No. it is cold here in the winter, we do not break in new p/s/r in the winter. I don't care who i got something from, if i was selling it, it is my responsibility to check it out and make sure it is what i say it is and if i don't do that, then well, i had better stand behind it.

I have bought almost a dozen motors off of here, this is the only time i have had a problem.

At this point, i know i got screwed, i do not expect anything back from this guy. lesson learned.

Scott
Old 05-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sdphilips View Post

I am a grown man, with a family and i own my own business. I stand behind what i sell, i do NOT lie. I live in nebraska, heart of this country, where people do what they say and say what they mean. if i had run this motor, would the cross hatching still be in the sleeve? No. it is cold here in the winter, we do not break in new p/s/r in the winter. I don't care who i got something from, if i was selling it, it is my responsibility to check it out and make sure it is what i say it is and if i don't do that, then well, i had better stand behind it.

I have bought almost a dozen motors off of here, this is the only time i have had a problem.

At this point, i know i got screwed, i do not expect anything back from this guy. lesson learned.

Scott
Scott, I actually feel for ya here man. When I hear about sellers who bought or sold an item that belonged to a "friend" who "swore up and down it was in so and so condition" I tend to be a bit leery of that particular person who sold the item regardless of feedback. How many times have you heard the excuse online of a sale/trade gone bad because the seller sold an item that was someone else's originally? I'm not going to point fingers here or anything, but its an excuse used way too much.

Well hope your lesson helps you for future trades or purchases. If your buying a used or "new" nitro engine, make sure the seller is able to post dated pics up front of the engine and its internals, and make sure when you recieve it, to fully inspect it right away.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Scott
I'm typically on the buyer's side here man. Not saying your lying, I just said it sounds fishy. I don't break in engines in the cold either, but I would however pop it open to have a look and see. That's all I'm saying here. If he sold you a bum engine...shame on him, but the fact that it's been 3 months kind of leaves you without options. If I sold it to you, I wouldn't give you a refund either. Plain and simple. If I shipped it to you and you got it and came back within a week or so then sure. No problem at all....but 3 months is excessive to expect the seller to be able to do much for you. That's all I really meant by my post. Not calling you a liar...nor am I calling him a liar. Only you 2 know what went down in the end. Ya know?

It's a rough scenario for sure and even if you are 100% right here....the fact still remains that it's been a LONG time since the transaction happened. I feel for ya man....it sucks to have to beware of sellers out here.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

I'm typically on the buyer's side here man. Not saying your lying, I just said it sounds fishy. I don't break in engines in the cold either, but I would however pop it open to have a look and see. That's all I'm saying here. If he sold you a bum engine...shame on him, but the fact that it's been 3 months kind of leaves you without options. If I sold it to you, I wouldn't give you a refund either. Plain and simple. If I shipped it to you and you got it and came back within a week or so then sure. No problem at all....but 3 months is excessive to expect the seller to be able to do much for you. That's all I really meant by my post. Not calling you a liar...nor am I calling him a liar. Only you 2 know what went down in the end. Ya know?

It's a rough scenario for sure and even if you are 100% right here....the fact still remains that it's been a LONG time since the transaction happened. I feel for ya man....it sucks to have to beware of sellers out here.

You are entitled to your opinion, but saying it sounds fishy is calling me a liar. Look at the pictures, I did NOT run it or do anything else to it. I know what happened, I got screwed, but it is my own fault for not thoroughly checking it out before i posted his itrader feedback. I Posted feedback here for that reason.

I am glad it was only a $100 mistake on my part. I am going to send the motor off to Monty and have him go through it.

Scott
Old 05-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

You are entitled to your opinion, but saying it sounds fishy is calling me a liar. Look at the pictures, I did NOT run it or do anything else to it. I know what happened, I got screwed, but it is my own fault for not thoroughly checking it out before i posted his itrader feedback. I Posted feedback here for that reason.

I am glad it was only a $100 mistake on my part. I am going to send the motor off to Monty and have him go through it.

Scott
Honestly I don't think he is calling anyone a liar, but the time lapse before checking is 100% your fault. I think he, like myself are being neutral on this and giving an honest opinion.

The whole issues is "fishy" honestly. Its fishy on your end because of lack of a timely protocol on your part to call out the seller. And its "fishy" on the seller's part due just to the fact that your making a complaint now coupled with the fact he sold something in a specific advertised condition with supposedly no knowledge of the actual product itself since it was a "friend's".

This complaint alone automatically will put a big "buyer beware" sticker for some buyers/traders who frequent this site with the guy you dealt with regardless.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Not sure how many times i can say this...but it was my fault for waiting so long to totally tear it apart and look. I screwed up by just pulling the rear cover and looking at it before leaving him feedback after the sale.

It is what it is at this point, i overpaid for this motor.

Scott
Old 05-13-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ntrain42 View Post
Honestly I don't think he is calling anyone a liar, but the time lapse before checking is 100% your fault. I think he, like myself are being neutral on this and giving an honest opinion.

The whole issues is "fishy" honestly. Its fishy on your end because of lack of a timely protocol on your part to call out the seller. And its "fishy" on the seller's part due just to the fact that your making a complaint now coupled with the fact he sold something in a specific advertised condition with supposedly no knowledge of the actual product itself since it was a "friend's".

This complaint alone automatically will put a big "buyer beware" sticker for some buyers/traders who frequent this site with the guy you dealt with regardless.

I have a family with young children, they come first. Stanging out in my cold shop and tinkering with my RC Cars, let alone my Camaro project, is not a priority in the winter.

I totally understand where you are coming from, and the others that have chimed in on this. I know what i did/did not do with this motor. I know the condition of this motor when i received it. I know that i got taken. I posted this thread to give others more information on a deal that, from my perspective, was bad and the motor was not as stated.

I also have to admit that i was not a happy camper when i started this thread, I am over that, it is what it is.

Scott
Old 05-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Not sure how many times i can say this...but it was my fault for waiting so long to totally tear it apart and look. I screwed up by just pulling the rear cover and looking at it before leaving him feedback after the sale.

It is what it is at this point, i overpaid for this motor.

Scott
Yes, I know you stated and admitted that. There is no question on that point from anyone I don't think.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.