R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   people who want cheap stuff. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/507344-people-who-want-cheap-stuff.html)

Graphite07 04-26-2011 03:34 PM

people who want cheap stuff.

a few days ago some one was looking for some parts **CHEAP** i sent a PM with a great deal i think. his response was OMG i can get it cheaper from ebay and my frined down the street has 2 for sale cheaper than your asking.

never fails you try to help some one out with a great deal and that person replies with a rude comment smart Answer!!! so when ever i see threads looking for rollers,motors,complete rc for **CHEAP** i stay away from them.

any one else had this happen to them?

trd4life 04-26-2011 03:37 PM

yea people seem to want everything for nothing now a days

i try to steer clear of the ads like your talking about

nastystroker 04-26-2011 04:11 PM

or you get the ones who want a brand new car for used prices.

Graphite07 04-26-2011 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by nastystroker (Post 9022686)
or you get the ones who want a brand new car for used prices.

+1 or they want **FREE FAST SHIPPING**

like that guy who wanted my parts dirt dirt cheap with proirty mail shipping with track!

trd4life 04-26-2011 06:06 PM

currently i have a BNIB MMPro for sale.......i have people offering me $90 (used ones are that much)

i am only asking $115 (i have gotten pms saying thats too high....HELLO it is Brand New!!!)

oh well.....it is what it is

Graphite07 04-26-2011 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by trd4life (Post 9023253)
currently i have a BNIB MMPro for sale.......i have people offering me $90 (used ones are that much)

i am only asking $115 (i have gotten pms saying thats too high....HELLO it is Brand New!!!)

oh well.....it is what it is

hold out some one will buy it. i had a set of foams and nitro tc3 factory team parts on ebay for 90 days, i got emails saying price was way to high or thet parts not worth it. and (FINALLY) they sold.

inferno13 04-26-2011 08:22 PM

i admitt i lowball every now and then, normally people need money more than i need car parts and will sell it for what i offer, but i see what your saying, i have donated tons of stuff on here and never get a good deal in return (EVER) so i have stoped giving things away. i even pay shipping and no favors in return! but for a new MMP 115.00 shipped is a good deal, but i would offer atleast 95.00...LOL

Todd400 04-26-2011 08:37 PM

Ahh its just the cycle of trading, Times are tough and people are really buying used over new now just to save some bucks, Every now and then you can find someone selling out and nab a good package deal but hey I dont mind people lowballing me if they dont mind me throwing back at them every now and then, Just be polite and keep on trucking lol

Lostinkorea 04-26-2011 08:40 PM

Plus one!

Originally Posted by Todd400 (Post 9024130)
Ahh its just the cycle of trading, Times are tough and people are really buying used over new now just to say some bucks, Every now and then you can find someone selling out and nab a good package deal but hey I dont mind people lowballing me if they dont mind me throwing back at them every now and then, Just be polite and keep on trucking lol

+1

LIK

inferno13 04-26-2011 08:42 PM

right on! normally i already have 3 or 4 of what they are selling but can always use spares for the right price:nod::)

440swinger-kid 04-26-2011 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Todd400 (Post 9024130)
Ahh its just the cycle of trading, Times are tough and people are really buying used over new now just to say some bucks, Every now and then you can find someone selling out and nab a good package deal but hey I dont mind people lowballing me if they dont mind me throwing back at them every now and then, Just be polite and keep on trucking lol

+1..... Your dealing with all types of people on here. Got to remember that people are trying to save a few bucks now and only play with r/c to get "away" from life every once in awhile....

inferno13 04-26-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid (Post 9024170)
+1..... Your dealing with all types of people on here. Got to remember that people are trying to save a few bucks now and only play with r/c to get "away" from life every once in awhile....

YEP!!!!!;)

nofinger rc8be 04-26-2011 08:53 PM

Just remember it don't hurt to ask. When u go to a car dealership u never pay what's on the sticker. Right! And plus u never know when someone is hurting for money. I'm always trying to save a buck. All u have to do is say no and walk away. Good luck with everything

Todd400 04-26-2011 09:28 PM

Its my hobby that I enjoy and enjoy hanging out with guys on here with the same intrests, 20 years ago when I got into this you had to basically buy new there was no hop on ebay or the forums and look for parts or SELL my junk easy, I used to sell stuff so I could buy parts or new kits but now I sell just to get crap out of the way lol , You cant please them all, sometimes you just gotta hit delete ;)

nastystroker 04-26-2011 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Todd400 (Post 9024449)
Its my hobby that I enjoy and enjoy hanging out with guys on here with the same intrests, 20 years ago when I got into this you had to basically buy new there was no hop on ebay or the forums and look for parts or SELL my junk easy, I used to sell stuff so I could buy parts or new kits but now I sell just to get crap out of the way lol , You cant please them all, sometimes you just gotta hit delete ;)

yeah ive been doing it just as long and i cant afford new but lately im getting screwed over on trading and buying used. i only buy or trade for things i need cause i cant afford to have extras.lol