you tell me

Old 04-23-2011, 09:33 PM
  #1  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
nastystroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: easton maryland
Posts: 838
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default you tell me

It seams lately im running into rctechs finest. I got a stolen car back and sold it to buy the car i wanted well i contacted the seller and sent him a offer and told him i needed it this weekend to start a points race, well he counter offered and for some dumb reason i sent him money on monday as a GIFT.(yes i know please dont kill me) This member has just as many feedbacks (all poss) and more posts than me. but when i ask him for tracking he says" i sent it as cheap as i could and i dont have tracking" ok mean time my wife is stabbing me with a fork for another stupid transaction and i have no car to run this weekend. Am i paranoid or did i get screwed? trust me if i dont have the car monday his name will be on here.
nastystroker is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 10:29 PM
  #2  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (43)
 
Todd400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Cheapest way he could is parcel post, I bought a 5B less than 200 miles from my home last year and parcel post took 7 days, So for probably less than $5 difference you are going to be waiting a week or so, parcel post is all ground, Sucks but if you cant get someone to do ups ground or priority its play the waiting game.
Todd400 is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 10:34 PM
  #3  
Suspended
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,183
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Like posted above, parcel post can take 7-14 days dependant on several things, i wouldnt worry to much honestly.

Whenever im presented with that reasoning, i always ask for picture proof of sales receipt, it will say the destination city.

If he provides that, you have nothing to worry about, unless the package gets lost{which i just had happen via amainhobbies}

If he wont provide that, then you need to worry, and start the proceedings to try to get your stuff back.
FTSC10 is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 10:46 PM
  #4  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
nastystroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: easton maryland
Posts: 838
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

but my first pm to him was my offer and i said i need it this weekend. so he should have figured in the amount to send it priority and then send me a counter offer. hes not a spring chicken to this game.he knows whats going on
nastystroker is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 10:49 PM
  #5  
Suspended
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,183
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nastystroker View Post
but my first pm to him was my offer and i said i need it this weekend. so he should have figured in the amount to send it priority and then send me a counter offer. hes not a spring chicken to this game.he knows whats going on
was it agreed upon that it would be shipped in a faster method other then base parcel post/ground shipping?
FTSC10 is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:20 PM
  #6  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (60)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I race at Comp Rc in OKC
Posts: 2,715
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

that is the first thing i ask when i buy a rc. are you going to ship it Prioirty maiL with tracking? if the seller says other like parcel post or cheapest way he can i say BYE, i will buy else where.
Graphite07 is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:24 PM
  #7  
Suspended
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,183
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Graphite07 View Post
that is the first thing i ask when i buy a rc. are you going to ship it Prioirty maiL with tracking? if the seller says other like parcel post or cheapest way he can i say BYE, i will buy else where.
Why would you expect someone to pony up the dough for premium shipping, unless it was previously stated in the purchase?

When i ship larger things, if i put a price shipped, it means its going the cheapest route through either fedex/ups/post office, with delivery confirmation, and tracking...

If the buyer wants priority, or express shipping, im always happy to do so...but its at the buyers dime!

If you want something shipped a certain way, it needs to be negotiated in the sales "contract", its not something a BUYER can just demand.
FTSC10 is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:34 PM
  #8  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
nastystroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: easton maryland
Posts: 838
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

like i said i sent him a pm saying i need it this weekend. i sent money on monday but he says there is no address on that so i sent my address on tuesday. but even so he should at least put del.confirmation on it. its only 90 cents, if he had said i cant send it to you for that price by this weekend than i would have bought another buggy but instead he took my money and didnt send me any info other than i sent it out of a grocery store and they dont offer tracking info. and now he says hes tired of my pms and theres nothing he can do for me.
nastystroker is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 11:41 PM
  #9  
Suspended
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,183
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nastystroker View Post
like i said i sent him a pm saying i need it this weekend. i sent money on monday but he says there is no address on that so i sent my address on tuesday. but even so he should at least put del.confirmation on it. its only 90 cents, if he had said i cant send it to you for that price by this weekend than i would have bought another buggy but instead he took my money and didnt send me any info other than i sent it out of a grocery store and they dont offer tracking info. and now he says hes tired of my pms and theres nothing he can do for me.
ask for a picture of the shipment receipt. if he isnt willing to provide that, Tell him you're going to go public.

Also, you can call the PO and tell them your address, they can usually locate the package, or tell you if something is in the system with your address or not.

as far as you needing it by the weekend, Honestly, im not siding against you, but ive learned with people on this forum, you need to be 100% CLEAR and precise.
FTSC10 is offline  
Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 AM
  #10  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (248)
 
2canSAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: RIP Frosty, Best Dog Ever
Posts: 2,698
Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FTSC10 View Post
ask for a picture of the shipment receipt. if he isnt willing to provide that, Tell him you're going to go public.

Also, you can call the PO and tell them your address, they can usually locate the package, or tell you if something is in the system with your address or not.

as far as you needing it by the weekend, Honestly, im not siding against you, but ive learned with people on this forum, you need to be 100% CLEAR and precise.
As he said, be 100% percent clear on how the item will be shipped. I am amazed at how many guys send me stuff from here without delivery confirmation. I am new here but not a spring chicken to trading and I always mail with DC. It is more to protect myself than the buyer. Something I do when I need an item by a certain time and has worked out great for me. I have a fedex shipping account and If I need the item guaranteed by a certain day I will handle the shipping and email the seller a shipment label, they slap it on the box and it is a done deal. Also remember that USPS Prioroty Mail IS NOT GUARANTEED. The 2-3 days is an average and as a matter of fact, just last week I had a Priority Mail package take over 2 weeks to get to me from AR to AL. However a Parcel Post package from CA to AL took 3 days.
2canSAM is offline  
Old 04-24-2011, 08:54 PM
  #11  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (133)
 
Qwkrn U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Osage Beach, MO
Posts: 2,398
Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)
Default

hopefully he can at least provide proof it was shipped. Im sorta in the same boat. Paid for something on Monday and it wasnt shipped til Wednesday. I wasnt clear on asking to get it before the weekend so no complaints on my end. I had other cars to run this past weekend.
Good luck and hope it all turns out ok for you.
Qwkrn U is offline  
Old 04-24-2011, 10:37 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (294)
 
johnny boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: washington
Posts: 4,752
Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nastystroker View Post
It seams lately im running into rctechs finest. I got a stolen car back and sold it to buy the car i wanted well i contacted the seller and sent him a offer and told him i needed it this weekend to start a points race, well he counter offered and for some dumb reason i sent him money on monday as a GIFT.(yes i know please dont kill me) This member has just as many feedbacks (all poss) and more posts than me. but when i ask him for tracking he says" i sent it as cheap as i could and i dont have tracking" ok mean time my wife is stabbing me with a fork for another stupid transaction and i have no car to run this weekend. Am i paranoid or did i get screwed? trust me if i dont have the car monday his name will be on here.
if he has a 100% feedback and 30+ of them i dont think he is going too risk the negative feedback on purpose. just my opinion. I'm sure your item will arrive. Just give it the parcel shipping time which should be about 7 days and go from there.

i just think your probably still sour from that kid attempting to rip you off which i dont blame you. i would be pretty paranoid with any future deals.


best of luck to both sides.
johnny boy is offline  
Old 04-25-2011, 05:56 AM
  #13  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (26)
 
catogtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 626
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Duplicate post
catogtp is offline  
Old 04-25-2011, 06:00 AM
  #14  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (26)
 
catogtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 626
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

I see these types of posts all the time and just don't understand sellers. Why would you ship cheapest method without tracking and without insurance? I suppose that the next step is to make the buyer liable for loss or damage as soon as it's dropped off at the post office, oh wait, that already happens here.

Crap like this would get a neutral feedback from me. I am sick of sellers not doing their part.

I just paid for an item on Sunday and the seller isn't shipping it until Thursday. It's "his first day off". This excuse just pisses me off. Print out a label on your pc and drop it in a mail box if it will fit. A box with a label can be left at the front counter at the post office so you don't even have to wait in line.
catogtp is offline  
Old 04-25-2011, 08:52 AM
  #15  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (39)
 
nastystroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: easton maryland
Posts: 838
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Qwkrn U View Post
hopefully he can at least provide proof it was shipped. Im sorta in the same boat. Paid for something on Monday and it wasnt shipped til Wednesday. I wasnt clear on asking to get it before the weekend so no complaints on my end. I had other cars to run this past weekend.
Good luck and hope it all turns out ok for you.
I asked for it to be here by the weekend, did you ask for that when you negotiated the price? did you get a tracking info as soon as it was shipped?
I havent gotten anything but this guy saying im gonna get it. At the very least i spend 90 cents for tracking info.And no i didnt get it in the mail today either
nastystroker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.