Buyers remorse??

Old 04-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (98%+)
Default Buyers remorse??

I recently sold a BL system that I tested and it worked perfectly.. Buyer gets it, doesnt like the condition of the system (I had plenty of pics posted, and it was listed as used & priced accordingly). I also would of taken more pics if desired. he also claims there is a broken bolt in the motor (I certainly would of noticed this in my inspection/testing and there were no broken bolts) he also claims the fan burnt up and smoked as soon as he turned it on (worked fine when I tested it)..I beleive the buyer is wanting somthing for nothing or has buyers remorse...What should I do?? I know for a fact the system worked fine when I shipped it & I race regularly with the guy I got it from.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

he use PayPal to pay? if so make him return it to you at his cost. do a inspection to make sure he did not burn it up or destory it. if it checks out refund him less shipping charge. make him take pics of all the problems. including the broken off screw.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Never heard of anyone breaking a bolt on any brushless motor. (they're not that tight) Fans can take a crap but they're only a couple bucks at radio shack. No big deal. I believe he wants it all for half of what he paid. He new he was buying used and had the pics to show it all. I'd say suck it up and move on. Next time buy new and be happy!!! (jmo)
Old 04-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

agreed.....sounds like he wants it for less
Old 04-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

buying electronics used is the buyers risk not the sellers.
electronics can work one minute and not the next.
how long has he had it? long enough to bash it hard and wreck it himself?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Buyers should know exactly what they are buying when used! His fault. Only sucks because now you will be in a bullsh!t feedback war. I wouldn't even take it back. His problem now. You advertised it as used and priced it accordingly AND put u pics. What more could he want??
Old 04-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I have had a few similar requests after over 600 sales on ebay here etc. I would offer your choice for him to send it back to you for inspection and possible refund or 10% refund now and leave positive feedback on either of his choices and the matter is closed, if niether is acceptable then walk away and accept you will have 1 negative feedback and forget about it, sounds like you posted a honest sale, good luck
Old 04-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Now this guy,...a few days later sends me another message saying that I didnt test the system because somthing is wrong with the esc because it gets hot and the motor doesnt... Im not a bad guy and often times go out of my way to help people...Thats how I ended up with this system to begin with... I promis to the world I did test this system and it worked fine. I got this system from a guy I race with regularly.. He is now sponsored by Tekin and just didnt need it so he traded that system along with some cash for my T4.1... The buyer wants a refund of $15 "to make the deal right" Im sure he is probably just somebody who cant afford this hobby and is trying to cheat people... I offered for him to send the system back to me (at his expense) and if it works LIKE IT DID WHEN I SHIPPED & DONT HAVE ANY BROKEN BOLTS OR ANYTHING., Ide offer a refund but IF it works like he claims it does and has a broken off bolt then I know he damaged it & I would send the system back to him (at my expense) because he damaged it.. that all I can do.. I feel he is tryin to rip me off... even tho its only $15...What do you guys think? Am I being fair?
Old 04-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

In my opinion with the hassle of shipping back and forth etc just give him $15 on the condition he leaves positive feedback as soon as he recieves it and agrees the matter is resolved period from here on out and enjoy your weekend. Im sure you are honest as am I but for $15 just get rid of the headache....
Old 04-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Makes me wonder if he saw your one negative feedback from 4 years ago about the non working ESC and thinks he can get away with what he's doing now.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

possibly.. That sale was also an international sale.... Looks like it will be United States only sales for me from now on... The funny thing is with that guy 4years ago..I sent the receipt for that esc from the hobby shop I bought the esc from along with the new set of knuckles that he claims "must be lost in the mail"..... I dont know why people try to cheat and scam people...
Old 04-25-2011, 09:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Todd400 View Post
In my opinion with the hassle of shipping back and forth etc just give him $15 on the condition he leaves positive feedback as soon as he recieves it and agrees the matter is resolved period from here on out and enjoy your weekend. Im sure you are honest as am I but for $15 just get rid of the headache....
Sounds like the best option here. I know my time is very valuable to me, and while it sucks that a worthless scammer gets away with it, Karma is a b**ch and they will get theirs