HVFracingwilly?

Old 04-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default HVFracingwilly?

Hey guys, anybody know or heard from HVFracingwilly? We exchanged pm's last April 15 regarding me wanting to buy his DX3s, he gave his paypal info and i sent him payment right away and that's the last i heard of him. I know it's only been 3 days and i bought with confidence considering his trader rating which he suggested in his for sale posting, but i haven't heard anything from him since i paypaled him. It's just unsettling not knowing where your money stands after you enter into an agreement with a fellow hobbyist, albeit a verbal one. So if anybody gets in contact with him pls. tell him to give me an update. I hope he's doing fine. Thanks guys.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Some sellers on here will communicate throughout the sale while others don't respond until it comes time for feedback. It makes for an uneasy sale when you PM somebody and they don't answer even though they have been online multiple times. I prefer to deal with people who are able to PM, phone, or email without it becoming an issue.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I like to deal with people over the phone...To me that shows they have nothing to hide...
Old 04-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default HVFracingwilly?

The guy is ignoring my pm's after i paid him $100 for a radio. That leaves me no choice but to file a claim with paypal.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

he works at hobby town in oshkosh wi.. he lives about 1.5 hours from me.. i think he runs the appleton track race program.. look in the wi. forum.. you might get an answer in that forum.. willy is a pretty stand up guy from what i know about him... jeremy
Old 04-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info Jeremy. It's just darn frustrating having to deal with this kind of transaction, i just think that it is the seller's obligation to provide information or update the buyer especially once payment has been made. Now if he is quite busy or he is preoccupied with personal matters then why not inform the other end, i'm reasonable, i'd even wait a week or two for valid reasons. If he changed his mind about selling his stuff then just say so and give a refund so we could move on. He's logged in several times already but not even a word. So i don't know what to think. I did not post this to tarnish his reputation, it's just the absence of communication that compels me to look for answers. Again, much thanks.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...-know-guy.html

looks like he had some other issues in the past?

looks like hes just slow at getting things done. Don't think he is out to rip anybody off. but good luck with your transaction.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks for the link

Thanks for the link Johnny, in the future i'll make sure to learn more about the seller before i go through a transaction. I'm still hoping the deal would pull through, my 7 y.o. son's been bugging me no end since it's his money . He had to sell his basher RC coz he wants to put together a setup for buggy racing.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

hey im in the area were he is at i wouldnt mind going to hobbytown and "talk" to him if the situation get worse pmme with info ill go their "need some parts anyways"
Old 04-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Info

Thanks 4WD, here's the info: We exchanged pm's last April 15 regarding the Spektrum DX3S radio, receiver and sensor he was selling for $100 paypal. I sent $100 the same day through paypal to [email protected] but i haven't heard anything from him after that. If you drop by the store please advise him of the matter or if he still intends to sell. If not then he could just refund me through paypal. I appreciate very much your help. People like you make this hobby so very much worthwhile to be in. Thank you very much.