Gottria?? Not sure what to think.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Gottria?? Not sure what to think.

I had a Summit up for sale, extras, and 2 SMC lipos. He originally made a commitment to buy then backed out.
After I re-up'd my add, he jumped back in and made a commitment to buy again. I ended up selling and shipping everything as listed. But, after he got the items he claimed that the batteries arrived "puffed" and were splitting the hardcase.
I got a picture that shows one of them with the tape off and the case a bit separated but it doesn't look like any proof that they arrived that way. I insured the package but he claims there wasn't anything wrong with the shipping.
Afte a few emails describing "issues" with the truck it now seems OK, but the lipos are scary to him.
I'm not sure what there is to do for him, but I did explain that after they leave in stated condition that I can't control what happens from the shipper to the user. It just seems a bit weird to me that after all the feedback between here, ebay and rccrawler that I sell to a buyer with no feedback stated anywhere that after the sale things are going south.
I'm only posting an FYI, but I hope that things go better with Gottria.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
I had a Summit up for sale, extras, and 2 SMC lipos. He originally made a commitment to buy then backed out.
After I re-up'd my add, he jumped back in and made a commitment to buy again. I ended up selling and shipping everything as listed. But, after he got the items he claimed that the batteries arrived "puffed" and were splitting the hardcase.
I got a picture that shows one of them with the tape off and the case a bit separated but it doesn't look like any proof that they arrived that way. I insured the package but he claims there wasn't anything wrong with the shipping.
Afte a few emails describing "issues" with the truck it now seems OK, but the lipos are scary to him.
I'm not sure what there is to do for him, but I did explain that after they leave in stated condition that I can't control what happens from the shipper to the user. It just seems a bit weird to me that after all the feedback between here, ebay and rccrawler that I sell to a buyer with no feedback stated anywhere that after the sale things are going south.
I'm only posting an FYI, but I hope that things go better with Gottria.
Wow, it seems this is RC court now. I pulled the tape off to see if I could squeeze the pack back together. Guess what, they don't go back together. Then you wanted me to pin poke the pack? Sorry I'm not poking anything into a Lipo pack. You wanna do it? I'll gladly send the packs back at no charge and you can keep the money for them. The truck had a few issues that I was unaware of when I purchased it, they have since been fixed and I moved on. But I can't fix lipos. Below is taken right out of the summit and put on my workbench. Never charged or ran, I was to unsure.

Do these look OK to use?

And the pictures that were in the posting in the ad never showed the sides, just the top of the batteries.

Sorry I don't have any feedback here, I just got back into the hobby with my 12 year old son and found this site while looking for a used summit for him. I do have eBay feedback, but it was never asked for.

Not sure why Krakker is so defensive, I did not ask for a refund or partial refund for anything.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

I have sent a PM as well as an email. I'm not holding any ill feelings or anger towards you, it just doesn't add up and there's not much for me to do on my end. I insured the package incase something happened but you said it arrived like I sent it.
I only offered advice on how to repair if you could handle it, NOT because I sent anything out that way, but to try and help you if "you" had accidently done something to it since you hadn't used lipos before.
I'll await your reply and I stand by my statement.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
I have sent a PM as well as an email. I'm not holding any ill feelings or anger towards you, it just doesn't add up and there's not much for me to do on my end. I insured the package incase something happened but you said it arrived like I sent it.
I only offered advice on how to repair if you could handle it, NOT because I sent anything out that way, but to try and help you if "you" had accidently done something to it since you hadn't used lipos before.
I'll await your reply and I stand by my statement.
Who said I never used lipos before? Yea, I didn't think so. Always pointing the blame back on me. Sorry, I got ballooning lipos, and I don't think it's a shipping problem.

I sent you a PM and yet you still need the feel to post in the public forums to defend yourself when this could have stayed private, why? Do you need the forum on your side? Just because you have more posts and 12 positive feed backs here doesn't make you right and I'm to blame.

Like I said this isn't a judge and jury trial, you said they were fine when you shipped them, I get them ballooning up with the cases splitting in half stuck in the Summit. You got your money and I got bad Lipos. And I'm done dealing with you and this mess, lesson learned.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

I appologize for confusing you with another potential buyer on the experience with lipos, but my feelings about this transaction still stand. As I stated before "in my PM to you", perhaps this is just a bad coincidence, but if not, I'm not going to take threats of feedback issues from an individual that has had none on here with out conveying my concerns back to the board. There are too many scammers or people that are just a hassle or not good to deal with. Seeing this go steadily south from the emails I've received this post can stay.
I do not need this board to back me up, my integrity shows in my feedbacks. As far as anyone else is concerned about this post, it just seems to be banter back and forth, it's really just become a bunch of blah blah blah, in the end, I have a clear concious and truely hope things work out better for you in the future. I too have learned my lesson and will tighten my selling restrictions and document my items further so there can be no question.
If you're done, stop emailing me then. I've tried to be helpful, I've accepted that it may even be just bad timing, carma, or what ever, I even offered to remove this post if you wanted to call it good and leave it at that because like you said, this isn't court, and it's just I said/you said.
I am moving on, I need that Easter spirit.