Avoid purchasing from moosedrool!!

Old 04-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Avoid purchasing from moosedrool!!

Purchased a Kyosho rb5 from moose in February. The buggy arrived with ballstuds snapped off in both the front and rear bulkhead and stripped out chassis screws. The add stated the buggy was in excellent condition but arrived in maybe c condition. More importantly the big bore rear springs were never sent. After a month of messages he stated they were lost in shipping. Moose also stated he would refund me the 18 dollars to replace the springs. Have yet to see any money and it is the middle of April. I have waited long enough before posting this thread but would like to worn others to avoid this member and beware his packages for sale will need much work to get them race ready and most likely his advertising on what you will receive will be false. I will never purchase used geAr from this site again. It has been an unfortunate waste of energy.

Respectfully,
Ron
Old 04-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm sorry to hear that man..Thank you for the heads up!!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Man, sorry to hear you got a bad deal, but unfortunately there are some of those out there. I think if he has not tried to make this right,then you are doing the right thing by bringing it out in the open, and continuing to ask him to fix it, especially if he advertised it as something it didn't turn out to be..Good luck-
Old 04-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the interest. I chose to give a month to get me the springs then another month for reimbursement when they never came. After two months and numerous messages/texts/calls I've moved to this forum to worn others.
Buyers beware!!

Ron
Old 04-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well that's what i would have done but i personally would not have waited that long,You didn't make him wait that long for payment did you???
Old 04-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Good point mx......just tried to ride it out and be the bigger person. It seemed like moose was a bit younger than me and didn't want to drop the hammer too quick, ya know. However, here we are and again I appreciate the feedback.

Ron
Old 04-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Man that is trouble. Sorry you had to go through that.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I race with andrew on a weekend basis. He is young so that could be some of the problem. Altho were the same age, iv sold more and have had no bad experiences (knock on wood). I posted this thread in the fourm he checks most so maybe something will change so both parties are happy. Good luck

Matt-
Old 04-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Ron I tried to refund through paypal but it didn't go through. It appears you have cancelled your account. Also, I got the package back from the postal service with the springs after this whole time it was left in their sort facility. I want to take care of this as soon as possible. Please let me know what will work best for you.

As for the condition of the buggy, when you recieved it you sent me a text mentioning that I had forgotten the extra springs, but you said that other than that you were very happy with the package. So if there was in issue with the condition of the car, I wish you would have made it known. I thought the car was in good shape, and all of my pictures and descriptions were clear and accurate.

Anyway, please let me know how I can help in getting this worked out. I am willing to take care of the issue.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MooseDrool View Post
Ron I tried to refund through paypal but it didn't go through. It appears you have cancelled your account. Also, I got the package back from the postal service with the springs after this whole time it was left in their sort facility. I want to take care of this as soon as possible. Please let me know what will work best for you.

As for the condition of the buggy, when you recieved it you sent me a text mentioning that I had forgotten the extra springs, but you said that other than that you were very happy with the package. So if there was in issue with the condition of the car, I wish you would have made it known. I thought the car was in good shape, and all of my pictures and descriptions were clear and accurate.

Anyway, please let me know how I can help in getting this worked out. I am willing to take care of the issue.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I also race with Moose, and saw the car not a week before he sold it. It is/was in pristine condition. Moose is very thorough and also is a helluva camera man, as you would have seen in the pictures. I highly doubt you got broken product that he knew about IF it was indeed broken...
Old 04-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Moosedrool,
Seems like you have his stuff and his contact info but made no effort to contact him until this thread came up. When a person gives his word and makes a deal he should follow through to the end. Granted I don't know the whole story just what I've read here.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Glad to hear from from Andrew again the the other racers who have chimed in. Initially the buggy looked in great conditional and certainly the one in the photos. However, over the next week as I began to set it up I ran into the broken ball studs and stripped out screws. I ended up replacing the front bulkhead,rear bulkhead,rear suspension holder,and the diff was wasted. The tie rod ends were all facing different directions making setup difficult. The front shock tower was not the big bore tower so we replaced the as well.
Glad you found the springs however we purchased reds and actually are running the whites now all around with the single piston hole glued shut.
I closed the paypal account as we discussed a month ago as someone tried to purchase 400 dollars in fabric from tennnesse so we cancelled that card.
We also discussed you sending a refund of 18 dollars but we have yet to receive that.
In closing, I think we already agreed on you sending us the refund for the springs. My preference on purchasing the other buggy components to improve setup and race readiness was my choice.
If you need our address to send a cashiers check please pm me.
Thanks again for all the feedback and glad to hear the Andrews fellow racers.

Ron
Old 04-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

this must be a simple misunderstanding. I know Moose from local tracks and he is a good guy!!!! i'm sure he"ll take care of this.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I apologize for the inconvenience and would like me to pm ur adress so i can send money. However i am surprised that you felt the condition wasnt good. The diff was rebuilt the week before with kyosho carbide balls. Maybe it was set a little loose and slipped? Anyway im sorry you were unhappy with the car because from what u had told me you were very pleased with the car, just needed the other springs from me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.