Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
mickeymouse93 advertised "used" items as "new" >

mickeymouse93 advertised "used" items as "new"

mickeymouse93 advertised "used" items as "new"

Old 04-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Exclamation mickeymouse93 advertised "used" items as "new"

I would like to remind others here that the seller mickeymouse93 sold me a combo of Novak Ballistic 17.5T and GTB2 ESC as "new" but in fact they are already been "used".

He did send me email for both the pictures and I did not get to inspect very closely. The motor tabs and ESC tabs have been soldered and when I receive the items, the motor has some light scratch on the can and the bearing has some dirt in it. I voiced my concern and asked him how hot did the motor get, he then ignored the whole deal.

After PM him with concerns, he replied:
as i stated in my email "this was mounted in a b4.1 ran up and down the street to make sure they work. The car was sold without the electronics so that's why I am selling", not to mention you can clearly see that the motor was mounted up and bullets on the speed control. if i was selling this new in the box i would have made the thread starting with NIB. as far as the price, tower hobbies is back ordered till may. i had emails offering me full price because of this reason.

I am not going to leave negative feedback for mickeymouse93 because he did ship the item and they are still in decent shape. But I would like to remind everyone here who is trying to sell or buy stuff to make sure that:
1. When stating NEW, it means NEW, NEVER INSTALLED, NEVER RUN, PERIOD! There is no such thing as "tested to make sure it's working", let a long tested in a car running up and down the street a few time. If people can claim selling used items like that, I can also sell all my stuff "brand new" that are "race/stress-tested to make sure they work".

2. Carefully inspect the pictures and emails regarding the item you are buying. Look for signs of usage. If it is out of box, you might want to consider it as used.

Just my thought.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

New means new for sure. Bummer. Part of the hazards of buying from an individual. Hope you still can use and enjoy what he sent!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

i ran a mamba pro and 7700 in my slash 4x4 on a 3 cell for 5 mins and it was cooked(way before i knew better) so up and down the street is just what i did and the smoke poured out. the guy at castle asked if i got all the smoke reinstalled. long story short new is new not i beat the snot out of it for a min. just to see how i can destroy it.lol
Old 04-15-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

The F/S section is littered with items listed as "new" despite the item being used.

Hope everything works out and your not stuck with a bad esc/motor.