R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   BAD SELLERS ON RC TECH (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/494947-bad-sellers-rc-tech.html)

99trouble 03-22-2011 07:43 AM

BAD SELLERS ON RC TECH

How should I deal with sellers not responding to multiple PM's & Emails.
I have 2 seperate items I have payed for, one of which the seller has not been back on since I payed him 5 days ago [ no responce to emails ,pms & phone # he posted in add is disconected]. The other put me off a few days on shipping now he wont respond but has been online daily[ paid 6 days ago].

ntrain42 03-22-2011 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by 99trouble (Post 8841911)
How should I deal with sellers not responding to multiple PM's & Emails.
I have 2 seperate items I have payed for, one of which the seller has not been back on since I payed him 5 days ago [ no responce to emails ,pms & phone # he posted in add is disconected]. The other put me off a few days on shipping now he wont respond but has been online daily[ paid 6 days ago].

if u paid with paypal dispute it.

per4m28 03-22-2011 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by ntrain42 (Post 8841944)
if u paid with paypal dispute it.

+1

ntrain42 03-22-2011 07:55 AM

link to ad u bought from?

99trouble 03-22-2011 08:16 AM

I am just looking for some advise @ the moment & will not post there names up yet.
I am aware of the Paypal dispute claim, I just have never had to use it outside of ebay & wasnt sure how it worked in this situation,
I dont want anyone else getting in this mess & I have checked & neither one has anything else listed for sale @ this time. If either one list anything for sale before they make these deals right, I will post up there names up.

My intention is not to slander anyone & I understand things happen & hopefully they have both shipped the items out & just havnt responded .
I just wish people would make a priority of shipping items out & sending tracking info ASAP.

ntrain42 03-22-2011 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by 99trouble (Post 8842100)
I am just looking for some advise @ the moment & will not post there names up yet.
I am aware of the Paypal dispute claim, I just have never had to use it outside of ebay & wasnt sure how it worked in this situation,
I dont want anyone else getting in this mess & I have checked & neither one has anything else listed for sale @ this time. If either one list anything for sale before they make these deals right, I will post up there names up.

My intention is not to slander anyone & I understand things happen & hopefully they have both shipped the items out & just havnt responded .
I just wish people would make a priority of shipping items out & sending tracking info ASAP.

This must be one of the threads: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-dx3r-pro.html

Dude quite simply, if you paid someone via paypal, it should ship out that same day or at least within 24 hours. No phone #, no email or PM for 5 days? Something is up and its on him. Sounds to me like he is transferring his funds into his bank account which takes 3-4 days using paypal and setting up to potentially skip out on the deal. The shipping label should have already been created immedietly after you paid him, since you can use the paypal funds directly to pay for and print out a shipping label on the spot. This is one reason why I dont buy used, regardless if the trader rating is good. You never know if someone is going to make this final transaction a skip out one. Ive seen it happen countless times from "reputable" sellers.

The guy in question here has only "sold" like one item. Most of his rating comes from buying.

99trouble 03-22-2011 09:15 AM

I now have a tracking # showing the item shipped out monday from one of the sellers.

wrightcs77 03-22-2011 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by ntrain42 (Post 8842244)
This must be one of the threads: http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-dx3r-pro.html

Dude quite simply, if you paid someone via paypal, it should ship out that same day or at least within 24 hours. No phone #, no email or PM for 5 days? Something is up and its on him. Sounds to me like he is transferring his funds into his bank account which takes 3-4 days using paypal and setting up to potentially skip out on the deal. The shipping label should have already been created immedietly after you paid him, since you can use the paypal funds directly to pay for and print out a shipping label on the spot. This is one reason why I dont buy used, regardless if the trader rating is good. You never know if someone is going to make this final transaction a skip out one. Ive seen it happen countless times from "reputable" sellers.

Spoken from someone with no trader rating who just joined.

Most reputable sellers have lives outside of rc (I know, hard to understand to some), so labels are not necessarily printed out immediately. That being said, communication is key!

artie's liver 03-22-2011 09:27 AM

for all anyone knows though, even without email communication the item may already be shipped

for every actual bad seller, there's also bad buyers who insist on 43 emails to update status on their item (not calling out the OP, but just saying, there's usually two sides to a story)

99trouble 03-22-2011 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by artie's liver (Post 8842451)
for all anyone knows though, even without email communication the item may already be shipped

for every actual bad seller, there's also bad buyers who insist on 43 emails to update status on their item (not calling out the OP, but just saying, there's usually two sides to a story)

I personally only expect a conformation that the payment was received & item has shipped w/ a tracking #. [The same thing I do for anyone purchasing from me]
When I post something for sale I have it all together in the box to ship out , none of this looking around for all the parts & trying to find a box excuses.

I ship within 24 hrs of cleared payment w/ weekends being the only exception.

On one of these transactions I have heard a few daily excuses as to why it hasnt shipped yet, & now no communication for 2 days

on the other ,I received a responce that payment was received a few minutes after it was sent & then no communications for 5 days

The only reason I have sent multiple messages is because I cannot get a response.

ntrain42 03-22-2011 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by 99trouble (Post 8842391)
I now have a tracking # showing the item shipped out monday from one of the sellers.

Well thats good to hear and progress, hope the other one ends the same way. :)

ntrain42 03-22-2011 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by wrightcs77 (Post 8842441)
Spoken from someone with no trader rating who just joined.

Most reputable sellers have lives outside of rc (I know, hard to understand to some), so labels are not necessarily printed out immediately. That being said, communication is key!

Yep, and I dont ever plan on having a trader rating either. ;) I buy my stuff new online or if used/new, local only. I dont set myself up for a screwover. ;)

Now your right, not everyone can get the product out right away, but it takes 15 seconds to send a PM or email stating up FRONT when a product can ship or to make ARRANGEMENTS that is AMICABLE to both the buyer and seller etc. For someone to take money and not say up front "Hey im busy the next few days would it be OK if I got it out to you on X day when I get off work" etc? THis is not asking too much.

ntrain42 03-22-2011 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by artie's liver (Post 8842451)

True, but thats why things should be discussed up front before ANY transaction should be made.

marooko 03-22-2011 10:38 AM

You could start by putting this in the proper section.

epoweredrc 03-22-2011 10:39 AM

I hope it all goes well for you in the end, it sounds like a truck i got from online one time, the dude had my IM name on AOL and was on talking to me everyday untill the day i sent him the money, he would be online and never answered my PM's on the site and never reply to me on mesenger i thought crap this dude done took my money and rip me off but about 4 days later he finally replayed said sorry stuff came up and someone else was on his pc thats why it was showing he was online. and not talking to me. i got my truck like the next day..

its easy to jump to the worse thought really fast. I use the same username on all the groups i belong to, i have had mean dealing on helifrieak and always been great besides one but we worked it out.

best luck to you