Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Do Not Deal With Postthriftstore On Ebay!!! >

Do Not Deal With Postthriftstore On Ebay!!!

Do Not Deal With Postthriftstore On Ebay!!!

Old 08-31-2004, 11:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Angry Do Not Deal With Postthriftstore On Ebay!!!

Sold me POS evader buggy at a top notch price. Description-"awesome, awesome evader bx buggy". Here's just a quick list of what I've found to be wrong with it.
Diff is completely shot(Needs new balls, washers, Pulley)
All Shocks need new seals, complete rebuilds
Rear shocks have excessive binding(probably shafts....)
universals are rusted and VERY worn out
tranny gears are excessively noisy
some of the bearings have seized up
broken front bumper
BOTH front hub carriers are broken
Missing all four hinge pin braces and the respective e-clips
Almost every screw on the car has completely oxidized
Every other screw hole on the car is stripped out
Series of emails got no where with the seller. Apparently he is a "middle man" seller. Said he wouldn't accept refund because car was disassembled for inspection. Got a general attitude towards the end, insisting that I ruined the car. He called my mom, and once he realized that my mom believed my story(the true one), gave up and went on to deny everything through email
Not to mention, It took him at least 2 weeks to ship the car, and communication was absolutley terrible(took 4-5 days for him to respond to my emails until I started asking for my money back!!!!)
Do not deal with postthriftstore!
Old 09-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Not to contradict you, but:

1. If he's right about your age, you're too young to be on eBay (18 or older)
2. He doesn't state the condition of the buggy on the auction - you should have asked before you bid
3. You should have known better when the seller called a Duratrax "Awesome - and I mean AWESOME."
4. $62 is not a "Top Notch Price." It's a steal.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by sixandeightstri
Not to contradict you, but:

1. If he's right about your age, you're too young to be on eBay (18 or older)
2. He doesn't state the condition of the buggy on the auction - you should have asked before you bid
3. You should have known better when the seller called a Duratrax "Awesome - and I mean AWESOME."
4. $62 is not a "Top Notch Price." It's a steal.
-It's all in my mom's name, so she is legally liable, and keeps a close eye on what I do on ebay. I've proven myself to be a really honest and reliable trader many times over now, so I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed on ebay.
-When I read it, I kinda assumed that it was in good condition because of the "awesome" comment.
-In hindsight, yes.
-For an evader buggy $62 is pretty high. People have had a hard time selling rollers at any price above $40.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Cool.

Unfortunately, eBay is a "Buyer Beware" sort of environment (hell, the WORLD is...)

Good that you've got your head on straight; sorry if I came off a little harsh.

Hopefully you can clean up that buggy and make it run well. I'm unhappy to hear that you had a bad experience. The seller should have been more willing to work something out. I recently had a situation where the buyer of a musical instrument I sold on eBay had a large difference of opinion on the condition of said instrument. I offered to take it back (he could cover shipping though). Eventually, as a compromise I refunded him back 25% of the purchase price so he could use those funds to have the appropriate repair done.

It's part of the game, unfortunately. Better luck next time!
Old 09-03-2004, 07:31 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Yes, different people have different perception of what good condition is. When I was selling an engine on ebay I got a question asking if I could warrantee that the engine is in good condition?

In the end I dismantled the engine took loads of pics of the inside and said I will warrantee that if the buyer did not recieve the engine in the same condition as the photos I will refund! Let the buyer diecide if it is good condition!
Old 09-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Suspended

a envader is already a pos anyway
Old 07-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default PostThriftStore did not want to get scammed by kid

Hi all. This is PostThriftStore and I am not only appalled reading what that snot nose wrote but am considering other action. I have saved the email his mom sent me apologizing to me for this kids actions. I sent him an awesome winning car and got a letter from him demanding money. His mom told me he took the car apart and used parts and tried to reassemble and send back to me. That to me is the reason does not allow kids on eBay. I am a good seller on eBay and belong to many eBay mentor type groups. I am the leader of my states eBay group, moderator in 11 others, I am an eBay volunteer and many other postive things. This post by this so called buyer is false. Check my feedback and then check his. I believe him to be a scammer by his actions with me. Anyone that deals with me knows this post would be false.

Post Thrift Store
Old 07-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I sent him an awesome winning car
Thats funny right there...
Old 07-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crashhole
Thats funny right there...
..I dont care who you are..
Old 08-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking Nice

Nor do I care who you are, just know that car was indeed a winning car and I almost got scammed as you more than likely will if dealing with snot nose
Old 08-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default More nice

By the way

"The seller should have been more willing to work something out."

Do you really think I should have offered something after snotty told me the car came in the mail with pieces missing knowing it was securely wrapped and used the day before it was sent? I don't think so. In most cases I do offer a refund in the rare event of a mishap along the merry postal trail but this kid wanted it all back plus to keep the car. Fat chance. There just aint sucker written on my forehead
Old 08-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow, this is like 2 years old.!.!.! why dig up a dead horse and start beatting it all over again?

This kid has aged 2 years since this started and hopefully has moved on to other things like masturbating infront of the computer rather than buying on Ebay!

And when I think of top dollar, I think more along the line of $500+, Hell, I pay $62 dollars in gas for my real car every week.

Lets consider taking some action by dropping it, I know I'm a Hypocrite For continuing this thread, but Ca'mon folks? How often do we get the chance to talk about Masturbating over Ebay?