Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
How do you combat negative feedback in spite? >

How do you combat negative feedback in spite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you combat negative feedback in spite?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid
Why so more scammers pop up for you to protect? The feedback feature helps a lot more then you may think it does. That is the first thing I look at before making dealings on here and feedback is a HUGE deal! So no I hope they do not delete the trader feedback feature.... if it goes I will end up leaving as well as many others on here I am sure of that. Too many scammers get away with crap on here as it is can you imagine what would happen if there was no way to see past dealings and how they went?
We'll let's eliminate any kind of sales on RCtech and that should take care of any scanners and feedback issues
Old 02-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Haven't seen any scanners on here for sale

But no without the sale sections, this forum would turn into a ghost town and probably shut down..........
Old 02-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Honest Or Not

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
We'll let's eliminate any kind of sales on RCtech and that should take care of any scanners and feedback issues
That is the best idea, however you could still have a for sale area were people can show the items they have for sale on Ebay.
Then Ebay can handle the feedback issues when they occur and take what ever action is needed or necessary.
That will leave the forum open for what it was intended the discusion of RC.
I think people scam here because they know there is little the buyer can do in the end, at least Ebay has some sort of buyer protection even though it is not perfect it is better then nothing.
On Ebay this whole conversation would have not taken place because DEADBEAT would not have been able to leave neg feedback for Dilbert.
In the end none of us can force Marcos to change the feedback even though it would be the right thing.
So take a stand buy nothing from a forum and this whole issue goes away.
To Marcos I can only imagine the amount of complaints you receive some legit some not but I think there should be more that can be done in the cases that are legit just like this one.
Have a great day.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Well I suggested something a while back about a itrader staff. Sort of like SCT has. I traded on there all the time, and I was one of the guys who was dedicated to trade/sale disputes.

Marcos you should really talk to Matt about it. I know you guys are tired of feedback complaints. Get a staff to help with some of that stuff.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I bet it does get old marcus..But in cases like this where he clearly got burned its only right to correct it....
Old 02-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

open it up to user edits. I agree with 440 that your attitude sucks, it's almost like they allow 15 year olds to mod the forums
Old 03-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
a quick question before i even consider your request, I noticed that espcarino had a deal with you and he left you a negative feedback, why havent you left him his feedback? if he paid for the item and you shipped it out he kept his side of the bargain but you havent left him feedback?? is it because you are upset that he left you a negative?????
I apologize I have not replied since creating the thread. I was a little angry at the whole situation and was just going to leave it as is and not read the rest, but today I saw it made it to three pages so decided to read. The main reason for not leaving feedback for espcarino was because we handled that situation outside of the forums and I thought I had left him his feedback (which I normally do the second I get payment). I will leave his feedback today and send him a PM apologizing for not doing so.

I have run two very successful online communities (midwestservers.org, and ecplay.com). I have also been involved with two very successful online companies (Ilangame, GhostSector) all of which had a large forum user base (4000+ registered users). I say this because I know what the PM and email load can be like and completely understand what you are saying. It is very very hard to pick out the honest people from the tons of shady people. For every honest person there are about 50 shady ones. That does not mean though that as an administrator or moderator that it is not your responsibility to handle such situations. In running these communities I have spent countless hours researching IP addresses and contacting ISPs for users who are being threatened and harassed. All I am asking is that you take a look at this for a few min.

If deadbase's childish behavior in this thread wasn't enough then the fact that he admitted to not including them should be.

You were acting like a toddler crying over these damn FREE stickers AND YOU STILL ARE!!
On the subject of that quote though he never said they were free he said they come with the sale so it was part of the sale which is what I paid for.

Back on subject though. All I ask is that you look into for a few min. If you determine the facts are not enough then that is your decision and I will have to just live with it, but at least I will know you took a look for me.

Thank you all for supporting me. It sucks that we have to deal with stuff like this but that goes with the territory. You will always have the childish people in online communities.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Also Graphite07 thank you for the PM saying you edited your post and thank you for taking the time to see my side. I really appreciate you taking the time to do so. I went back and edited my post to your reply.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Those aren't some stickers that come free with a crawler kit($35+) so I definitely see the complaint on that. I think it was worth it though when we all get to see what kind of seller dude is. He traded his reputation for a love of stickers.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Wow, some of the responses in here are amazing.......

Glad you got the feedback fixed Dilbert.

If a mod is sick of the whining, having to deal with disputes and issues, cant act respectfully and as a mediator....Maybe they shouldn't be a Mod, thats all part of the responsibility....
Old 03-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylar

If a mod is sick of the whining, having to deal with disputes and issues, cant act respectfully and as a mediator....Maybe they shouldn't be a Mod, thats all part of the responsibility....
feedback is not our responsability neither is being a mediator on for sale deals , you deal at your own risk , i do not fix deals or make anyone send payment or make anyone send parts or what ever, it is your responsability to hold your end of the deal not ours. if you cant do that responability then you shouldnt be a member of this forum

fyi i do fix a few feedback issues it all depends on what happen and if a deal was ever completed.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kylar

I did not actually get the feedback fixed. It is still there, but I do thank you for the support.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dilbert9
I did not actually get the feedback fixed. It is still there, but I do thank you for the support.
Ah i must have been looking at the wrong person, hopefully they will fix it, although who knows....

No problem, I give my support where i think the person has a just cause....even if it made Marcus snoop into my account and try to find some dirt on me....
Old 03-26-2011, 12:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Even though I have a low trade/sale after reading this I,m never going to buy/sell from here again. Seems obvious who's in the right here on the deal and the mod should read and review. Thats it and not bicker publicly about this issue at hand. And good luck on getting this fixed.