Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
How do you combat negative feedback in spite? >

How do you combat negative feedback in spite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you combat negative feedback in spite?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ya dude thats bs,call him a little girl cuz you cant hold up to your end of the bargin..Your the one bein a little girl about it..I dont give a sh@# if its over some stickers you promised them to him,so give um up!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

mods take dilbert9 bad feedback away a deal is a deal and if stickers were part of the package deal they should of been shipped with the truck was is it fair for dilbert9 to recieve negative feedback it not he got screwed and now he gets screwed again with neg feedback that garbage mods DO SOMETHING make it right
Old 02-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Originally Posted by 4wd _all_ day
mods take dilbert9 bad feedback away a deal is a deal and if stickers were part of the package deal they should of been shipped with the truck was is it fair for dilbert9 to recieve negative feedback it not he got screwed and now he gets screwed again with neg feedback that garbage mods DO SOMETHING make it right
But they wont........... Stupid huh?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deadbase
BINGO!
Note taken... Don't deal with these guys...

A deal is a deal man, give the guy what he paid for. Simple.

To the OP, sorry to hear about this man. Chalk it up to a lesson learned I guess. Choose your sellers wisely. Many younger members may not have the same code of conduct that an experienced individual may.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dilbert9
So here is the short story. I purchased a SCX10 from a user on the boards here. In his ad he stated he would be including some decals with the truck. He actually talked them up pretty good as if it were a huge bonus to purchasing the truck. We spoke through PMs and decided on a price. I sent him money immediately that evening through PayPal. I did everything a buyer is expected to. Here is a link to the ad:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post8568169

So I get the truck in a pretty timely manner. The truck itself was as described. Little dusty but not a problem. I did have a few issue with the servo going back to center when I turned all the way left, but I had a spare sitting around so it was no big deal. I didn't expect a used truck to be perfect. I look through the box and no decals. So I sent an email to the seller saying hey I think you forgot the decals. Here was his reply back:

So about 2 weeks roll around and I still did not see the stickers. So I email him back asking what's going on. He did not reply back. So I sent him another email saying I would have to leave negative feedback for not including them when he said he would. I gave him a few opportunities to send them. He replies back saying "No Prob.".

So I left him negative feedback. Here is what I said:

No bad mouthing nothing really negative other than not including an item he promised. He then goes and submits negative feedback to me. This is what he said:

I am not sure what to say about this. I said something about the decals missing and let him know the servo was centering when I turned all the way. I never asked him to send me money for the servo or anything. Like I said I already had a replacement and was okay with it. My only issue was the decals he failed to include and then failed to ship when he said he would.

My question is why should I get negative feedback when I did everything I was supposed to do? I paid immediately in the method he wanted. Why should I get negative feedback just because I left him negative feedback.

Is there any way to combat this? Do the administrators of the board care? Should I write something up to them about it?

Thanks for your input.
a quick question before i even consider your request, I noticed that espcarino had a deal with you and he left you a negative feedback, why havent you left him his feedback? if he paid for the item and you shipped it out he kept his side of the bargain but you havent left him feedback?? is it because you are upset that he left you a negative?????
Old 02-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What difference does that make? What does that have to do with this deal?
Old 02-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by trink2030
marcos has a very good point...why no feedback for him???

however I'm on dilbert's side with this one. That feedback is like from a 12 year old grow up a little pal
Old 02-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I disagree. No feedback is better than negative. It's a CHOICE whether to leave feedback or not isn't it?

Either way, this is about THIS transaction. If this is the thought process of the moderators then it's no wonder the feedback system is the way it is. There's admitted guilt here, and an obvious lack of care to resolve it from the seller.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

I disagree. No feedback is better than negative. It's a CHOICE whether to leave feedback or not isn't it?

Either way, this is about THIS transaction. If this is the thought process of the moderators then it's no wonder the feedback system is the way it is. There's admitted guilt here, and an obvious lack of care to resolve it from the seller.
Yeah it is your choice to leave feedback...... I had a deal with a mod on here (made me send first since he was a mod) around x mas and I basically receive a pile of junk in piss poor packing at best, and he was VERY slow to ship but decided not to leave feedback or complain since he is a mod (I did not want a negative from him) and basically what chance does a honest guy like me have against a mod?

Also Marcos that was back in 09 anyways and has nothing to do with this dealing. I dont understand why the mods think it is there business to dig through your past like they are Police/FBI or something. It is there in black and white that he screwed the buyer out of the sticker sheets how much easier could it be to see the truth? So remove his negative Marcos!

This is why I said they will do nothing to fix this guys trader rating! Basically BOTH parties involved have to kiss the mods butts to get the negatives removed.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Why should I change the other guys feedback , I mean if you swinger leave a negative feedback for what ever reason to some else , and that person comes crying to me whinning about the negative feedback that you left, wouldn't you be upset if I just remove it?
Old 02-22-2011, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

It does
Old 02-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Why should I change the other guys feedback , I mean if you swinger leave a negative feedback for what ever reason to some else , and that person comes crying to me whinning about the negative feedback that you left, wouldn't you be upset if I just remove it?
This case is pretty clean cut the seller screwed this guy over and admitted it but I guess that isnt enough for you mods. I guess the system doesnt work like it should I have seen many scammers or guys that screwed guys out of things on here were its pretty clean cut and you guys pretty much side with them and not the guy that got screwed..........sad........
Old 02-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well that depends on a few things, if swinger is the one doing the screwing and whinning then he would be the little girl.
If the roles were reversed and he received neg feedback for no reason then it would be justified.
What ever the deal was where he received neg feedback but did not leave any has nothing to do with this deal.
If at that time he had left neg feedback as a retaliation and we were discussing that I would not be on his side.
Do the right thing here and remove the neg feedback that Dilbert received.
It is matters just like this that has made me decide not to purchase items through the forum any longer no matter how good the deal may seam.

PS.
Your whole attitude on here is a little appalling your supposed to be the Mod and the bigger man.
It's not right to me for you to be calling people cry babies or whinners.
Just because someone asks you to look into a matter or has a complaint does not make them a whinner.
Listen to the complaint look at the facts, Listen to the people and make an informed decision THATS IT!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tdr170
Well that depends on a few things, if swinger is the one doing the screwing and whinning then he would be the little girl.
If the roles were reversed and he received neg feedback for no reason then it would be justified.
What ever the deal was where he received neg feedback but did not leave any has nothing to do with this deal.
If at that time he had left neg feedback as a retaliation and we were discussing that I would not be on his side.
Do the right thing here and remove the neg feedback that Dilbert received.
It is matters just like this that has made me decide not to purchase items through the forum any longer no matter how good the deal may seam.

PS.
Your whole attitude on here is a little appalling your supposed to be the Mod and the bigger man.
It's not right to me for you to be calling people cry babies or whinners.
Just because someone asks you to look into a matter or has a complaint does not make them a whinner.
Listen to the complaint look at the facts, Listen to the people and make an informed decision THATS IT!

if it was up to me i would delete the whole feedback feature , is more of a problem than anything. leaving feedback over silly things , like "someone wanted an item and backed off" or he promise to sell to me and sold it under me, come on! if you made the transaction and you paid and received the item , leave the feedback, if you get a negative, then work it out with the other party then the feedback can be changed to a neutral. If you use the feedback feature just to bicker back and forth, well , i guess the feedback will stay.

i get over 30 request a day to change feedback and its getting old. I hope we can get rid of the feedback feature all together and soon

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...-feedback.html
Old 02-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs down

if it was up to me i would delete the whole feedback feature , is more of a problem than anything. leaving feedback over silly things , like "someone wanted an item and backed off" or he promise to sell to me and sold it under me, come on! if you made the transaction and you paid and received the item , leave the feedback, if you get a negative, then work it out with the other party then the feedback can be changed to a neutral. If you use the feedback feature just to bicker back and forth, well , i guess the feedback will stay.

i get over 30 request a day to change feedback and its getting old. I hope we can get rid of the feedback feature all together and soon

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...-feedback.html

Why so more scammers pop up for you to protect? The feedback feature helps a lot more then you may think it does. That is the first thing I look at before making dealings on here and feedback is a HUGE deal! So no I hope they do not delete the trader feedback feature.... if it goes I will end up leaving as well as many others on here I am sure of that. Too many scammers get away with crap on here as it is can you imagine what would happen if there was no way to see past dealings and how they went?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.