Wiki Posts
Search

Need input

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default Need input

After waiting 11 days for a delivery I contacted the seller and he responded it had been shipped right after transaction. The only problem was he threw away tracking info. So I gave him a few days to figure it out. After days he responds that the post office said it was delivered. I know for a fact it never came my wife is stay at home mom and we live in a quiet country town with a covered porch in a nice neighborhood. Theft wouldn't be an issue as the porch obscures the area the postman leaves my packages (small town same postman and he knows where I like him to put stuff). At a loss what do I do next?
Old 01-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

File a pypal dispute. Don't say you sent money as "gift"!!

It's up to the seller to provide tracking info/confirmation. Make him prove he shipped it. If he "lost" the receipt, he "lost" the sale and should refund.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Cadimman
File a pypal dispute. Don't say you sent money as "gift"!!

It's up to the seller to provide tracking info/confirmation. Make him prove he shipped it. If he "lost" the receipt, he "lost" the sale and should refund.
Exactly what he said.....

Tracking info is a huge deal and he should have sent it to you right after he left the post office. I if I have the buyers/traders phone number I text or call them and give them the number while in the lot of the post office and when I get home I also PM the info in case they deleted the text or forgot the number. If you run to the post office they may have a record if they delivered the box or not and may be able to help you that way but as I see it the seller needs to find the info or refund your money and if it does show up resend the money back to the seller.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

I agree with you 100% on the tracking, usually I am adamant about getting a number, but this time I had the flu and was down and out, it just slipped by. He hasn't ruled out refunding without a claim, maybe it won't be necessary, if I haven't reached a resolution today I will file a claim.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Good luck with that Tom -

If you paid by Paypal and it was never received you have a good chance of getting your money back - unless the guy is total DB. It's disputes where you got the item and it wasn't what it was supposed to be that Paypal hoses the buyer (unless the transaction was on ebay)
Old 01-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rice_man
Good luck with that Tom -

If you paid by Paypal and it was never received you have a good chance of getting your money back - unless the guy is total DB. It's disputes where you got the item and it wasn't what it was supposed to be that Paypal hoses the buyer (unless the transaction was on ebay)
Not true. Just because Paypal decides in your favor does not get your money back if no funds go through that account.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

That is true and this is one of the reasons I quite using PP. They will only issue a refund if the seller has cash in there account to cover the cost. If he cant provide you a tracking number than something sounds fishy. I wouldnt just mail something worth hundreds of dollars without knowing where its at all times.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

I went ahead and submitted a claim to PayPal. I have e-mailed the party a few times today with no response. I hope he just steps up and makes it right. Whatever happens at this point is out of my hands. I will keep the thread updated hopefully it reads " It was a misunderstanding but _____ made it right, he's O.K".